Game Discussion: Gears of War 4 Forum

Octus just shared a preview of the new achievements.

AuthorMessage
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 09 February 18 at 00:35, Edited on 09 February 18 at 00:36 by The SCHWARTZ 00
https://www.reddit.com/r/GearsOfWar/comments/7w784g/whats_up...

"We'll reveal them closer to the time as they are still in testing.. but we can share a COUPLE of teasers for now.

Some of them will be around 'Knowing Your Role' in Horde. They won't be tough if you play your Class in the right way, but they will if you don't use your Class effectively. These are focused on helping newer Horde players acquire some 'must know' Class tricks.

There will be more beyond that - there's a couple that I'm personally really excited about. As a bit of a tease, Versus Players will have an old school throwback style achievement to sink their teeth into that will take some time.."

That last one is either earning multiple Wings or 10,000 VS. kills.
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 09 February 18 at 00:53
It says throwback "style", so I'm thinking kill count but not necessarily 10k.

Knowing the role I think will be maybe grindy, but relatively simple tasks.
#mentallypudding
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 09 February 18 at 01:08
Let me guess... "Seriously 1.0 v.2"
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 09 February 18 at 01:18
Hopefully if it's 10K kills, it's retroactive. I have 39,000 bodies on my resume.
fatDaddy21
fatDaddy21
Posted on 09 February 18 at 01:26
"Knowing your role in Horde"
- Earn 10 Construction Worker/Repair Man ribbons as Engineer
- Earn 10 Financier/Point Man ribbons as Scout
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 09 February 18 at 02:33, Edited on 09 February 18 at 02:35 by The SCHWARTZ 00
TC Octus:

"No achievements for Wings."

headspinclapdance
xCEL7IC ZOMBIEx
Posted on 09 February 18 at 09:18
as long as there no "complete campaign for umpteenth time" im good laugh
MakeMeACoffee
MakeMeACoffee
Posted on 09 February 18 at 09:53
TC OCTUS said:
We'll reveal them closer to the time as they are still in testing.. but we can share a COUPLE of teasers for now.

Some of them will be around 'Knowing Your Role' in Horde. They won't be tough if you play your Class in the right way, but they will if you don't use your Class effectively. These are focused on helping newer Horde players acquire some 'must know' Class tricks.

There will be more beyond that - there's a couple that I'm personally really excited about. As a bit of a tease, Versus Players will have an old school throwback style achievement to sink their teeth into that will take some time..

TC OCTUS said:
No achievements for Wings.

(in response to "100 kills with each weapon?!") TC OCTUS said:
Nope. We did that throwback with Master At Arms.

So something that "will take some time" for versus players that is a throwback? My guess is capturing rings
Gears of War: Ultimate EditionTHIS! IS! ANNEX!The THIS! IS! ANNEX! achievement in Gears of War: Ultimate Edition worth 172 pointsComplete 100 matches in ring-based game types on Xbox Live and capture 3 objectives in each match

Gears of War 2Annex: Now With Execution RulesThe Annex: Now With Execution Rules achievement in Gears of War 2 worth 170 pointsWin an Annex match on each Flashback and Combustible Map Pack map (not Custom)

This would also be in line with them trying to push esports (escalation)
xLAx JesteR
xLAx JesteR
Posted on 09 February 18 at 12:18
MakeMeACoffee said:
TC OCTUS said:
We'll reveal them closer to the time as they are still in testing.. but we can share a COUPLE of teasers for now.

There will be more beyond that - there's a couple that I'm personally really excited about. As a bit of a tease, Versus Players will have an old school throwback style achievement to sink their teeth into that will take some time..

TC OCTUS said:
No achievements for Wings.

(in response to "100 kills with each weapon?!") TC OCTUS said:
Nope. We did that throwback with Master At Arms.

So something that "will take some time" for versus players that is a throwback? My guess is capturing rings
Gears of War: Ultimate EditionTHIS! IS! ANNEX!The THIS! IS! ANNEX! achievement in Gears of War: Ultimate Edition worth 172 pointsComplete 100 matches in ring-based game types on Xbox Live and capture 3 objectives in each match

Gears of War 2Annex: Now With Execution RulesThe Annex: Now With Execution Rules achievement in Gears of War 2 worth 170 pointsWin an Annex match on each Flashback and Combustible Map Pack map (not Custom)

This would also be in line with them trying to push esports (escalation)
Hopefully can just boost private as the previous games if these are the ones.
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 10 February 18 at 01:24
Someone just confirmed on the Gears stream going now that the new Vs "throwback" achievement is indeed 10,000 KILLS. Seriously 1.0. I'm ready.
methajones
methajones
Posted on 10 February 18 at 02:17
They also said the kills are not retroactive but you can get them against the bots.
methajones
methajones
Posted on 10 February 18 at 02:20
They also said no more achievements tied into wings or rank. They also said no more "classy" style achievements. They said if/when the flaming skin events ends they will make them craftable to avoid a sybarite type of deal.
BlaZiNaNGeLx
BlaZiNaNGeLx
Posted on 10 February 18 at 03:52
At least it counts against bots. Still not retroactive so it'll be a small grind nonetheless.
J2B9
J2B9
Posted on 10 February 18 at 04:06
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Someone just confirmed on the Gears stream going now that the new Vs "throwback" achievement is indeed 10,000 KILLS. Seriously 1.0. I'm ready.
What do u mean by “someone”? As in a staff member? Also it’s not retroactive? Was this info all given in the stream?
methajones
methajones
Posted on 10 February 18 at 11:32
J2B9 said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
What do u mean by “someone”? As in a staff member? Also it’s not retroactive? Was this info all given in the stream?
Yes. I was the one who asked the question for more hints about the upcoming achievements. Coalition said seriously old school, 10,000 kills, not retroactive, kills in co op vs. bots will count.
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 10 February 18 at 18:15
I wanted to like this game so much. The more they've updated it, the more I've been driven away from it. I used to love this series so much, but I don't even know if I'll get Gears 5.
twitchinmonkey
Posted on 11 February 18 at 12:41
KenH2k4 said:
I wanted to like this game so much. The more they've updated it, the more I've been driven away from it. I used to love this series so much, but I don't even know if I'll get Gears 5.
I absolutely won't be getting Gears 5.
The Coalition has managed to screw up this franchise even worse than 343 screwed up Halo, I didn't think that was possible.
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 12 February 18 at 18:27
I'll rent gears 5, blow through it on the easiest difficulty for the story and take it back. Way too much time put into this one and still not done because of server issues. Bastards.
T0NY HAYABUSA
T0NY HAYABUSA
Posted on 13 February 18 at 12:35, Edited on 13 February 18 at 12:37 by T0NY HAYABUSA
I'll take more Horde achievements....thank god no more campaign achievements either and as for the VS achievements, yeah count me out...the 1000 assists achievement was a grind for me because I don't play VS at all
count023
count023
Posted on 13 February 18 at 21:04
Tc artificially inflating the lifespan of GOW4 with these has just finished me on the series. I'll 100% GOW4 and that'll be it. No GOW5 or anything. I'll just wrap the series with first 4 games + judgement 100% and that'll satisfy me.

A few extra add on achievements I can understand. But when you're deliberately adding more just for the hell of it that don't contribute meaningfully...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.