Game Discussion: Neverwinter Forum

Theory on +5 drops

AuthorMessage
LifeExpectancy
LifeExpectancy
Posted on 09 February 18 at 03:44
I know everyone has their own theories on rings, but after horrible luck my first 700+ lures, I switched strategies ans got 3 rings within 150 lures.

What I did was stockpile 30+ lures of one type. I would go and run 5 or 6 of that lure. If I didnt see at LEAST a +3 drop within those first few lures, I quit and came back a few hours later or the next day. All 3 of my last three +5 rings dropped at times when I saw multiple +3 and +4 rings leading up to them.

So get your lures piled up, run 4-6 lures and look for +3 or +4 rings. If they are dropping, keep going. If not, take a break.

Also, all 5 of my rings dropped in instances 1 through 4. That probably doesnt matter, but there it is.
GoldenKnight II
Posted on 10 February 18 at 18:38
Nice. Thanks for the info.You mentioned to me about timing. Were all your rings dropped late at night near the reset or at random times throughout the day. I only ask because i forgot and i have gotten 3/5 of my rings between 12-1am. Just curious if it was the same for you
LifeExpectancy
LifeExpectancy
Posted on 11 February 18 at 04:25
The three rings I got rather quickly wwre all about 2 hours before reset give or take. The other two were 4-6 hours after reset. I dont think time of day matters as much as whether +3-4 rings are dropping, personally.
Jappe
Jappe
Posted on 12 February 18 at 08:45
Were you in a group or doing them solo?
LifeExpectancy
LifeExpectancy
Posted on 12 February 18 at 11:49, Edited on 12 February 18 at 11:49 by LifeExpectancy
Grouped with 1 partner (the guy I paid 200 smops total for my final 3 rings).

If anyone was wondering he doesnt want to risk his luck with another contract lol. Feels like he scored getting my 3 rings in under 150 lures, which he did, so he doesnt wanna go through a long drought with someone else lol.
GoldenKnight II
Posted on 12 February 18 at 12:57
What about 1 ring? I feel I can get the goblin eventually but not the Dino. Would he be willing for that one?
LifeExpectancy
LifeExpectancy
Posted on 13 February 18 at 06:28
The problem with Dino is that he cant farm specifically for that lure, and buying sirrush lures usually runs about 4 smop per lure. If he doesnt get you the ring within 25 lures, he is actually losing money. The only reason dino worked for us is because we were "trading up" other lures for sirrush lures along the way while going for the other 2 rings, so we had a stockpile of sirrush lures near the end. We still probably ran at least 40 sirrush lures together, so the goblin and yuan ti were the primary money makers.
GoldenKnight II
Posted on 13 February 18 at 16:29
Ok I see.. well I can farm The batiri ones and hopefully get saddles and try trading them for the caprise. Perhaps he can help with those? iDK. I bet he’s burned out and I wouldn’t want to strain him any more than he currently is. I just know I’m going to need help with sirrish
LifeExpectancy
LifeExpectancy
Posted on 14 February 18 at 00:22
Yeah stockpile any saddles you get. I have 8 or so sirrush lures I paid 2.5-3 smop each to make. Everyone tries to sell saddles and carapaces for 2 smop each but I try to get them to sell 2 for 3 smop. I'm just picking them up as I am able so that any TA folks going for Dino dont have to pay 4 smop per lure if they are gonna buy them rather than farm.
LifeExpectancy
LifeExpectancy
Posted on 14 February 18 at 13:15
Theory held up again! Ran some of his lures with Goldenknight and saw +3 rings dropping rigbt away. His goblin ring dropped on the 12th lure rock.
MathNotEvenOnce
Posted on 14 February 18 at 17:51
Damn no luck here, got a +3 and a +4 undead, but then garbage after that. Followed the above though!
LifeExpectancy
LifeExpectancy
Posted on 14 February 18 at 18:57
How many lures did u run, and were u solo? The prevailing theory is that having a partner or 2 helps.
MathNotEvenOnce
Posted on 14 February 18 at 20:06
We only did about 15, and yeah had a partner!
GoldenKnight II
Posted on 14 February 18 at 21:28
I have gotten all of my rings with a partner in the evening like 11pm-1am. Hopefully this theory works with the Dino ring as it appeared to work with the goblin. For the goblin +5 I ran over 120 masks before it dropped.
MathNotEvenOnce
Posted on 15 February 18 at 00:53
GoldenKnight, let me know if it does! btw if anyone has spare lures and wants to pawn them off, let me know, I'll pay whatever you deem fair. This achievement is going to make me go broke :-(
LifeExpectancy
LifeExpectancy
Posted on 15 February 18 at 04:37
I'd say stockpile more and when u see those +3 and +4 dropping try to drop at least 30 lures.
MathNotEvenOnce
Posted on 15 February 18 at 18:03
Will do, thank you!
LifeExpectancy
LifeExpectancy
Posted on 15 February 18 at 18:28
Dont thank me yet lol.
MathNotEvenOnce
Posted on 15 February 18 at 21:46
This game is gonna make me go broke! haha. Luckily the trophies for Spli-Ti and Karkinos aren't too bad to acquire. It's everyone else that's a pain cuz they always get sniped.
LifeExpectancy
LifeExpectancy
Posted yesterday at 11:00, Edited yesterday at 11:47 by LifeExpectancy
Got Goldenknight his Dino ring! Theory held up once again. We ran some sirrush lures and +3 rings were dropping. He was down to his last handful of lures and +4s started dropping. He ran out of lures but I had two leftover in my mail I hadnt sold so I ran my two lures because I felt bad that the +4s were dropping and it was ripe for a +5 but he was out of lures. On my 2nd and final leftover lure his +5 dino ring dropped!!

Watch for those +3-4 rings folks. If they are dropping keep going if you can. If not hang it up and come back another time!

Also fwiw I placed the final lure at 3:59 local, 1 minute before reset. We killed Sirrush after reset (4:00 or 4:01). And shabang, ring!

Also thanks again Golden for the awesome tip at the end!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.