Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Achievement List Revealed

• punkyliarpunkyliar289,607
  • Posted on 09 February 18 at 22:36
    The list is 100% single player--amazing news. Converting 1,000 units will probably be quite a grind. Definitely excited for the campaign chievos.
    ~Live Long and Prosper~
  • Posted on 09 February 18 at 22:36
    Awesome achievements clap

Wololo Convert 1000 units.
    Eye of Horus Convert 20 units with Egyptian Priests.

These two can be done simultaneously as Egyptian Priests are the best. Can't waitrock
  • WardieshireWardieshire594,729
    Posted on 09 February 18 at 22:39
    Day one purchase for me!
  • Posted on 09 February 18 at 23:03
    So it's the AoE original campaigns, the Rise of Rome campaigns, and the two demo campaigns. Not bad, but I really was hoping for some new campaigns. Anyway, an easy list and day 1 for me as long as the price is not ridiculous.
  • LockieLockie870,718
    Posted on 09 February 18 at 23:04
    THE DEADLY DOG said:
    The list is 100% single player--amazing news. Converting 1,000 units will probably be quite a grind. Definitely excited for the campaign chievos.
    This should get you in the mood for it:
    music
    Posting from sunny Australia.
  • ElyohElyoh1,099,376
    Posted on 09 February 18 at 23:11
    Definite buy from me, nice list smile
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 February 18 at 23:14
    wololo
  • UnveiledArkUnveiledArk764,873
    Posted on 10 February 18 at 00:17
    🤤 best thing is the price! It's only $20. 😎
  • FigbenderFigbender801,679
    Posted on 10 February 18 at 01:04
    Spicy Rahmen said:
    wololo
    My thought exactly.
    Now all I need is Windows 10
  • coipcoip305,835
    Posted on 10 February 18 at 02:11
    I'm excited to get this and the definitive editions of AoE 2 and 3 when they come out too. And, of course, AoE 4. I've never played AoE before, but I bought Rise of Nations EE when it launched with Xbox achievements back in September and quite enjoyed it.
  • jayasmejayasme448,847
    Posted on 10 February 18 at 02:36, Edited on 10 February 18 at 02:47 by jayasme
    Are these achievements still available after cheat codes being used?
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv872,392
    Posted on 10 February 18 at 02:43
    I know this would be much more difficult to play with a controller, but I wish this was coming to Xbox one. I have the AoEIII Complete Collection & it barely runs on my WinXP computer. I don't want to buy a new PC just to play AoE, haha.
    Streets Ahead
  • jayasmejayasme448,847
    Posted on 10 February 18 at 02:50
    BanjoRebel said:
    I know this would be much more difficult to play with a controller, but I wish this was coming to Xbox one. I have the AoEIII Complete Collection & it barely runs on my WinXP computer. I don't want to buy a new PC just to play AoE, haha.
    You can have a try at BootCamp if you have a Mac
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,570,103
    Posted on 10 February 18 at 02:50, Edited on 10 February 18 at 02:54 by xPut Name Herex
    BanjoRebel said:
    You should want a new computer to get off of Windows XP more than anything else.

EDIT: Age of Empires Definitive Edition is also exclusive to Windows 10, so you would have to be doing some upgrading somewhere to play it.
  • Posted on 10 February 18 at 04:17
    Lockie said:
    THE DEADLY DOG said:
    This should get you in the mood for it:
    music
    Yup, sold haha!
    ~Live Long and Prosper~
  • LordMakanakiLordMakanaki3,512,707
    Posted on 10 February 18 at 04:47
    For anyone who has played Rise of Nations Extended Edition this list will seem like a piece of cake, which is great!
    Train 5M units, constructing 1M building and the like should never be achievements in the first place.
  • Posted on 10 February 18 at 09:27
    Seems like a fairly easy list to me. Probably going to pick this one up at launch for this price!
  • HealttiHealtti4,312,854
    Posted on 10 February 18 at 10:40
    LordMakanaki said:
    list seems like a piece of cake, which is great!
    Train 5M units (...) should never be achievements in the first place.
    My dude, training 500 cats is no different. 0 creativity or any sort of challenge. Just a macro tool chugging along when you're doing something, anything, that's actually worth your time/attention.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
  • Tully123Tully123754,396
    Posted on 10 February 18 at 12:48
    I pre-ordered this game a while back and was looking forward to seeing the list, but I must say, it is incredibly uninspired. The campaign achievements are fine, they're expected, but just build or destroy for most of the others? I don't know. Part of the reason why I like achievements is they get/can get you to do unusual things in games, play in unexpected ways, etc. This is simply playing normal.

At least spice it up a little, even if you want to go basic. For example:

Slave Labor - With a single villager, gather each resource and have them build one of each building (solo)

Dumb, but at least it requires you to do something other than play completely normal.

Rock Beats Scissor - Defeat an enemy that has advanced to a higher age than you

Still simple, but it provides a challenge and again, would you usually be playing like this?

Et tu, Brute? - Have a converted unit kill a unit of the same type

I'm not saying they're great, but it's two minutes of thinking and imo they are much more interesting than building/destroying units.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads