Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Easiest Xbox Achievement Lists from January 2018

AuthorMessage
Big Ell
Big Ell
Posted on 10 February 18 at 14:30
Mutant Football League was just patched.
TheJimiDude
TheJimiDude
Posted on 10 February 18 at 14:31
Asemblance looks like a game for me, so when the sale is there I'll get it. Nice article service, appreciate it, thanks.
Beware of the grammar police!
K1NG ARTHUR III
Posted on 10 February 18 at 14:36
I like these articles. Should also do them weekly for games that are on sale. I only buy easy gamerscore games if they are dirt cheap, like $7 max
Jonker
Jonker
Posted on 10 February 18 at 14:48
Great article! Just need an "add to wishlist" button next to the store link or at least in the window that appears when you hover the game's name.
IVAN83LIVE
IVAN83LIVE
Posted on 10 February 18 at 14:53
Never a neogeo game among the discounts. angry
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 10 February 18 at 15:05
I really like this type of article, sometime it’s nice to finish something in a couple hours rather than a 60-80 completions. Thanks to the awesome price tracker on this site I can just wait for these to go on sale and get them when it’s a better deal.
Pixie Ninja
Pixie Ninja
Posted on 10 February 18 at 15:06
Does Celeste really belong in a list like this? Considering the completion percentage and distribution that shows most players have yet to unlock half of the achievements on the game. Most of the coverage I've seen of the game highlight the difficulty of this early 2018 gem.
TearsOfAClown9
Posted on 10 February 18 at 15:23
I wouldn't buy any of these overpriced games until they went on sale. Really feel like higher GS is just about who has the more disposable income at this point.
TrueAchievement
Posted on 10 February 18 at 15:53
TearsOfAClown9 said:
I wouldn't buy any of these overpriced games until they went on sale. Really feel like higher GS is just about who has the more disposable income at this point.
We'll add a new button on Monday to add all these games to your Price Alerts so you'll get notified when they go on sale smile
GoBlueFiddler13
Posted on 10 February 18 at 16:02
I’d love something in the weekly deals or sales from Xbox that denotes when there is an easy completion for sale. I typically only buy games on sale and I’d rather pick up a 1-4 hour experience for cheap than full price.
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 10 February 18 at 16:18
LuckyConquerer2 said:
TrueAchievement said:
Gerbasgamer said:
Zasta 360GameTV said:
The "new" rule that every game must have 1k GS is sometimes ridiculous and that devaluates the GS system a little bit. I really wish MS go back to 200 / 400 GS for smaller and shorter games
Pretty much. 200G is too low by today's indie standards, but 400G or 500G would be more realistic.
Yeah, I totally agree with this
Someone should create an alternative formula for gamerscore, something more true to what it should indicate...
laugh
o DEEVIUS o
o DEEVIUS o
Posted on 10 February 18 at 16:22
branstoneboy said:
Except ACA NEOGEO SHOCK TROOPERS only has a 19% completion percentage. And a lot of these easy completions don't have walkthroughs or achievement guides for some of their harder achievements.

I often buy an easy completion game for competitions like the GTASC but not unless I know 100% what I'm getting into.
If they're doing this at end of each month, or with new games in general, they're obviously not going to have Walkthrough's and many guides up, and they're gonna be full price.

Best thing to do would be to add to your wish list and click the 'notify me when the walkthrough is published' button and wait for sales and more guides smile
NO1KEV
NO1KEV
Posted on 10 February 18 at 16:34, Edited on 10 February 18 at 16:35 by NO1KEV
TearsOfAClown9 said:
Has this not always been the case? I mean I have several friends who have played every stack of bioshock, metro, the walking dead games etc. I have a pal 360, Xbox 1 and a wp. They have had a jap,UK and USA 360 to play those, a win 10 pc and x1. Personally once I played something once is enough for me. I want Ethan carter but £16 for a 1 hour game is a joke to me.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 10 February 18 at 17:37
This isn’t for me. I got into gaming because I’ve always liked playing games (chess, monopoly, cards) and solving problems. The thought of firing up YouTube and copying what someone else did for a couple hours just sounds like a chore to me, and no fun at all.

Achievements were a nice addition to something I already enjoyed doing, and not a reason for doing it.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
alanp9
alanp9
Posted on 10 February 18 at 17:47
NO1KEV said:
TearsOfAClown9 said:
Has this not always been the case? I mean I have several friends who have played every stack of bioshock, metro, the walking dead games etc. I have a pal 360, Xbox 1 and a wp. They have had a jap,UK and USA 360 to play those, a win 10 pc and x1. Personally once I played something once is enough for me. I want Ethan carter but £16 for a 1 hour game is a joke to me.
Yes, it has always been that way. More $ spent = more games = more potential GS. You can be the world's greatest player, but if you only own one game you're not going to have more than 1000 GS.

Also I don't feel like it's easier to get GS this generation than on the 360. Yes, there are a good number of easy indie games, but not really that many more than the flood of easy movie tie-in games that were released on disc last generation. There seemed to be a new one every couple of weeks, but now they're practically non-existent. The indie games are cheaper and more accessible, but that's about the only difference.
Ridge Reapers
Posted on 10 February 18 at 17:47
LuckyConquerer2 said:
TrueAchievement said:
Gerbasgamer said:
Zasta 360GameTV said:
The "new" rule that every game must have 1k GS is sometimes ridiculous and that devaluates the GS system a little bit. I really wish MS go back to 200 / 400 GS for smaller and shorter games
Pretty much. 200G is too low by today's indie standards, but 400G or 500G would be more realistic.
Someone should create an alternative formula for gamerscore, something more true to what it should indicate...

OT: this article is a welcomed feature imo. I can take a look at some of these and wait for a sale for the ones that interest me. Won’t play just for the score but if they look fun, I am in. The length of the games means I won’t pay more than £6.
MoreTrueAchievements.com
MattiasAnderson
Posted on 10 February 18 at 18:58
TrueAchievement said:
Gerbasgamer said:
Zasta 360GameTV said:
Agree! It is like inflation for Gamerscore. All the score I have for the xbox 360 seems suddenly like nothing.
Magic
GRAND NOBLE
GRAND NOBLE
Posted on 10 February 18 at 19:06
I LOVE THIS TYPE OF ARTICLE!!

And to those complaining, this is what I did.

Open the game link in a new tab.
Click on the ADD TO WISH LIST BUTTon that's right there on the screen.
Scroll down to INFO click that... then click the check box for "Any Sale"

compute

This article is seriously great. Not just because of the easy G's, but just new games in general.

I'd even love a recap of games that came out each last month. It's so hard to keep up! It's also great to just have an easy blurb to read about them all on 1 page.

Seriously. This is fantastic. This is amazingly catering to your core users. clap fantastic job guys.
Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
GRAND NOBLE
GRAND NOBLE
Posted on 10 February 18 at 19:22
HolyHalfDead said:
This isn’t for me. I got into gaming because I’ve always liked playing games (chess, monopoly, cards) and solving problems. The thought of firing up YouTube and copying what someone else did for a couple hours just sounds like a chore to me, and no fun at all.

Achievements were a nice addition to something I already enjoyed doing, and not a reason for doing it.
You can look at this type of article in 2 way (imo).

1. is the way most people are,you included. Easy G's, whether you like it or not.

2. Another way to look at these articles is for COMPLETIONISTS. A big "Hey! Do (or Don't) start this new game" Honestly I thought Celeste would be a tougher game. Similar to Super Meat Boy. This article not only tells me it's an eas(ier) completion, but that's it's even possible to Complete!
Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
Bsmittel
Bsmittel
Posted on 10 February 18 at 20:28
Can't really agree with going back to the 200/400 range. There were plenty of XBLA games that were woefully short on gamerscore vs their difficulty or time commitment. It all kind of evens out now. Sure there are ACA Neo Geo games you could get all the gamerscore in 1-3 hours but there are a lot of them where unless you're very skilled at the game it's just not happening.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.