Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Easiest Xbox Achievement Lists from January 2018

AuthorMessage
CODYWWE24
CODYWWE24
Posted on 10 February 18 at 22:06
What about the new Batman episode from Telltale? It was fast for a good amount of gamer score.
Theodoricus Rex
Posted on 10 February 18 at 22:55
Great article. Will definitely check this out each month!
SquidCzy
SquidCzy
Posted on 10 February 18 at 22:59
I like this type of article. In future maybe some games available in more regions than the US would be nice. I know there's ways around it but it would make for a better article imo.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 10 February 18 at 23:37
SquidCzy said:
I like this type of article. In future maybe some games available in more regions than the US would be nice. I know there's ways around it but it would make for a better article imo.
Not much TA can do about the publishers not releasing games in other regions, unfortunately. Otherwise the articles would be empty...
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
SKOOT2006
SKOOT2006
Posted on 11 February 18 at 02:02, Edited on 11 February 18 at 02:03 by SKOOT2006
Bsmittel said:
Can't really agree with going back to the 200/400 range. There were plenty of XBLA games that were woefully short on gamerscore vs their difficulty or time commitment. It all kind of evens out now. Sure there are ACA Neo Geo games you could get all the gamerscore in 1-3 hours but there are a lot of them where unless you're very skilled at the game it's just not happening.
Really disliked the 200/400 XBLA scheme. A game is a game and they should all start at the same amount.
You don't know what you don't know
MVPVincent
MVPVincent
Posted on 11 February 18 at 03:25
I'll wait until these go on sale. Until then, I'll stick to the backlog and finish whatever easy completions I have there.
Predefiance
Predefiance
Posted on 11 February 18 at 06:28
xdanza said:
I can't justify spending this much on games strictly for gamerscore. I am guilty of it a few times in the past, but only if the game is heavily discounted.
I'm a bit the same. It feels like I'm paying for the gamerscore.
EmDeeGee
EmDeeGee
Posted on 11 February 18 at 07:17
To futureproof this article, it might be worth mentioning that there is an Albert and Otto achievement that is currently glitched in our favour, but that might change in the future...

Albert and OttoWunderbarThe Wunderbar achievement in Albert and Otto worth 178 pointsComplete Episode One with 5 deaths or less

If it does, this is definitely not an easy completion anymore from what I've been hearing...
Proud member of the last remaining Dutch team in GTASC 2015
OdadjianActual
Posted on 11 February 18 at 07:42
TearsOfAClown9 said:
I wouldn't buy any of these overpriced games until they went on sale. Really feel like higher GS is just about who has the more disposable income at this point.
Celeste is one of the best games ever made, period. I'm 18 hours in and it feels like I may need another 5-10 hours minimum to finish off the 1000 gamerscore. It's an absolutely wonderful game with incredibly tight controls, a heartfelt story, and incredible music.

It's my game of the gen so far and I absolutely would not call it overpriced. If you liked Super Meat Boy and you like the idea of a game that's 50% less unforgiving, with Fez-like visuals and music, a very very small amount of Fez-like puzzles, and a Metroidvania-lite progression/map system, you'll love this game.
"My name is Alan Wake. I'm a writer."
OdadjianActual
Posted on 11 February 18 at 07:43
I also cannot disagree more with the people saying games shouldn't all be 1000 gamerscore.

Let's not be like Sony, where some games have a platinum trophy and some don't.

The 1000 gamerscore in the Xbox world is basically the same as a platinum trophy. And I want every game to have a platinum trophy, PERIOD.
"My name is Alan Wake. I'm a writer."
Octobot Super
Octobot Super
Posted on 11 February 18 at 11:13, Edited on 11 February 18 at 11:14 by Octobot Super
OdadjianActual said:
I also cannot disagree more with the people saying games shouldn't all be 1000 gamerscore.

The 1000 gamerscore in the Xbox world is basically the same as a platinum trophy. And I want every game to have a platinum trophy, PERIOD.
Really? Platinums always seemed sort of frivolous to me. Take a look at the Xbox games that were also released on PlayStation and share the same trophy set. The Xbox version will still have the platinum trophy in the form of an extraneous achievement.

This is all coming from someone who doesn't care about score though (only about completion) so take it with a grain of salt.

Personally, I'd love more achievements per game (think Orange Box). Keep the cap at 1,000 GS, I don't care, but give me like 500 FUN achievements worth 2 GS each and I'll be happy.
Blissed Away
Blissed Away
Posted on 11 February 18 at 13:36, Edited on 11 February 18 at 13:38 by Blissed Away
OdadjianActual said:

I think there needs to be a minimum number of trophies in the game to qualify for platinum. So it could be down to the developer not including enough. XBLA used to have a 12/12 limit for number of achievements.
xONLY INSANEx
xONLY INSANEx
Posted on 11 February 18 at 14:42
And this is the reason my gamescore urge has gone now. So many easy games where you don't need to try anymore to get score all you need is money for the score
T0tin0sPizzaBoy
Posted on 11 February 18 at 17:08
walking simulators are not video games. sorry to piss anyone off.
acedawg4
acedawg4
Posted on 11 February 18 at 17:09
Even I have standards when it come to purchasing games :) lmao
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 11 February 18 at 17:30
T0tin0sPizzaBoy said:
It's ok that you feel that way, but I disagree. I love walking sims because I love story. In most of the games I play, story means more to me than gameplay. Walking sims let you relax and totally focus on story, so that's awesome to me.
T0tin0sPizzaBoy
Posted on 11 February 18 at 20:29
KenH2k4 said:
T0tin0sPizzaBoy said:
It's ok that you feel that way, but I disagree. I love walking sims because I love story. In most of the games I play, story means more to me than gameplay. Walking sims let you relax and totally focus on story, so that's awesome to me.
so doesn't a book.
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 11 February 18 at 21:33
Yes, that's true. So does a movie. Anytime you move a character on a screen it's technically a game. What you actually mean is that walking sims are not games you enjoy, or are not difficult.
ShinUkyo
ShinUkyo
Posted on 11 February 18 at 22:35
NO1KEV said:
TearsOfAClown9 said:
I wouldn't buy any of these overpriced games until they went on sale. Really feel like higher GS is just about who has the more disposable income at this point.
Has this not always been the case? I mean I have several friends who have played every stack of bioshock, metro, the walking dead games etc. I have a pal 360, Xbox 1 and a wp. They have had a jap,UK and USA 360 to play those, a win 10 pc and x1. Personally once I played something once is enough for me. I want Ethan carter but £16 for a 1 hour game is a joke to me.
You are spot-on, and it has definitely ALWAYS been the case. I know loads of people who are among the top gamerscores (on XBL) and top trophy levels (on PSN) who literally just bought their way there. Not just playing easy games. Mostly by playing thousands of different games, popping just the easy achievements/trophies in each one, and the mass sum of all that means they get a huge total score.

Even for the people who didn't intend to buy their way there, and who enjoy completing tough games: it's never been possible to be among the top ranks of score unless you spent way more money than the average gamer has access to. Since there are only so many truly tough games out there. It's why someone's total gamerscore, by itself, has never been a true indicator of their gaming ability. Not since the day Avatar released for 360 (which was very early in its life cycle, haha.)

It's why Rich created TrueAchievements, and to this day the site serves its purpose well. Thanks to someone's TA ratio, you can tell exactly how rare the average of their achievements are. And on a per-game and per-achievement basis, you can tell just how rare or tough certain ones are. Without this site, achievements would have lost their meaning right out of the gate.

Because as much as a few people above insist, the change to all games having 1000gs did not start anything new. It's always been this way, We've always had easy, trash family games that people were happy to play if all they cared about was high gamerscore. Always had stacks of games where someone played six to eight versions. Etc. it's why TrueAchievements exists in the first place, and thank God for it.
Mo the Surfer
Mo the Surfer
Posted on 11 February 18 at 23:31
Not one of those is a cheap date....
The new dashboard sux!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.