Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Easiest Xbox Achievement Lists from January 2018

AuthorMessage
QuickMythril
QuickMythril
Posted on 12 February 18 at 01:36, Edited on 12 February 18 at 01:37 by QuickMythril
the next article should be which games give you the MOST TrueScore for the LEAST amount of Money (non-sale price)... lol
Bar6arian
Bar6arian
Posted on 12 February 18 at 02:35
I like it much better now that all games are 1000GS. I think it works out because what's easy for someone might be hard for me and vice-versa. Some games are story driving, some skill. You may not 100% all games but the time you put in will reflect the Gamerscore, either +/-3 hours or 40+hours.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 12 February 18 at 10:08
If it lasts 2 hours, and isn't great, I'm going to wait for a sale that prices it in the region of a DVD rental!
Legohead 1977
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 12 February 18 at 14:45
Pixie Ninja said:
Does Celeste really belong in a list like this? Considering the completion percentage and distribution that shows most players have yet to unlock half of the achievements on the game. Most of the coverage I've seen of the game highlight the difficulty of this early 2018 gem.
It is a difficult game as I have said in my review on this site. However I believe the current low completion percentage is due to the fact that most people willing to pay full price for the game also want to complete it properly without "cheating" - or haven't even caught on yet to the fact that achievements unlock in Assist Mode.

I think it should go in this list because it's a wonderful game and if its potential for an easy completion gets more people at least giving it a go, all the better. I agree that it's best played in regular difficulty mode, but there is a lot more going for the game than just the extreme challenge - and I worry that some completionist types wouldn't even consider it if they thought it'd be too hard to 100%.
IRISH PATRIOT x
Posted on 12 February 18 at 15:00
Thanks for this list. I like the idea of this article.
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 12 February 18 at 15:21
I bought a few of the NEO-GEO fighting games thinking they would all be easy but I'm so mind-numbingly bad at them I rage quit and deleted the others. cry
Two can play this game.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 12 February 18 at 15:50
Beanpotter said:
I bought a few of the NEO-GEO fighting games thinking they would all be easy but I'm so mind-numbingly bad at them I rage quit and deleted the others. cry
Lolz, I'm facing a similar level of disappointment with the old school KOF2002, Garou, Samurai Shodon etc!
Legohead 1977
Inspector 74
Inspector 74
Posted on 12 February 18 at 22:06
KenH2k4 said:
For cheapskates like myself, it'd be cool to have an Add to Wishlist button next to the store link if that's possible on these stories. I'm always interested in these lists, so I'm glad they're going to be on TA now
I would love to have a wish list on the xbox store, or even a watch list of games youre interested in like on a lot of sites now 'youre notified when/if a product drops in price'
Armstrong x360a
Posted on 13 February 18 at 07:32
KenH2k4 said:
For cheapskates like myself, it'd be cool to have an Add to Wishlist button next to the store link if that's possible on these stories. I'm always interested in these lists, so I'm glad they're going to be on TA now
This is a good idea, I could get behind this and would use it.
GRAND NOBLE
GRAND NOBLE
Posted on 14 February 18 at 20:35
Beanpotter said:
Gift them to me, please laugh
Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 16 February 18 at 16:34
Beanpotter said:
It may not be that you are "mind-numbingly bad" but that you are playing with the wrong controller.

I haven't played any of the ACA games but I've played all the NEO-GEO games in the arcades, on the Neo Geo AES home system, and on the Neo Geo CD. They were meant to be played with arcade style joystick and buttons so much so that the home Neo Geo Advanced Entertainment System came with a large arcade stick controller.

The Neo Geo Pro shipped with a pad-style controller but you could play it with the AES's arcade stick or buy an enhanced version of the arcade stick separately--the Neo Geo Controller Pro.

Good arcade sticks with real arcade components are fairly expensive. The most recent one on the market is the HORI Real Arcade Pro Tekken 7 Edition Fight Stick. It is officially Licensed by Microsoft and uses arcade Hayabusa joystick and buttons. I recommend the Razer Atrox that uses genuine Sanwa arcade joystick and buttons:

https://www.razerzone.com/gaming-controllers/razer-atrox-xbo...

Nevertheless, for the ACA Neo Geo games, you don't need genuine arcade components. There are a number of inexpensive sticks and you can search for what's available in your market.
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 16 February 18 at 16:56
I appreciate the sentiment but unless that stick is going to play the game for me, I'll still stink. I really dislike fighting games but was tempted in by the possibility of easy gamerscore. Now I know better.
Two can play this game.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 16 February 18 at 18:41, Edited on 16 February 18 at 18:42 by Allgorhythm
Beanpotter said:
I appreciate the sentiment but unless that stick is going to play the game for me, I'll still stink. I really dislike fighting games but was tempted in by the possibility of easy gamerscore. Now I know better.
I'm sure the people that are breezing through in an hour are not fighting game pros. They're going into the option menu and setting their defense and power to max and the game's defense and power to minimum.

If the game's AI is weak and you are strong, it's not too difficult to get all the offline achievements. Then, just get a boosting partner for the online achievements.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.