Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Gears of War 4 Torque Bow Tag Flaming Skins Event on Now

• RadicalKoopaRadicalKoopa737,985
    Posted on 11 February 18 at 14:02
    For anyone that cannot get into a game, give me a shout and Ill invite you.rock
  • LLboxedLLboxed307,219
    Posted on 11 February 18 at 15:27, Edited on 11 February 18 at 15:28 by LLboxed
    Solario32 said:
    FuzzedUpCookie said:
    "They advise that you manually track your progress to make sure you complete the event and earn your weapon skins."

I did this with the Snowshot event for the Flaming Dropshot... 130 kills when i stopped counting.. still no skin as of last friday (the chance of it being added in the meantime is pretty slim to none) roll
    Same here with me. I got everything from Gearsmas except the Flaming Dropshot. Is there a way to open a ticket with them aside from just posting on their forums?
    Quite a few people with the same issue.

Did you post here?
    link hidden
  • WithTheDawnWithTheDawn1,085,142
    Posted on 11 February 18 at 20:12
    MuddyAmoeba said:
    Once again if your a Australian/New Zealand Player don't bother, you have no chance of matching up. I've been trying to find a match for two hours this morning and nothing. Just like the last event where we couldn't match up, no matter how long or often we tried.

The only option is to hook up with some American players and join their game.
    This game is 100% dead for anyone searching by themselves - and good luck joining a random group when basically everything insists you be a Gears god, diamond rank, blah blah blah. I remember the good old days when you could just search for a bloody Gears game without committing to some stupid group...
  • KenH2k4KenH2k4594,347
    Posted on 11 February 18 at 22:24, Edited on 11 February 18 at 22:25 by KenH2k4
    FuzzedUpCookie said:
    "They advise that you manually track your progress to make sure you complete the event and earn your weapon skins."

I did this with the Snowshot event for the Flaming Dropshot... 130 kills when i stopped counting.. still no skin as of last friday (the chance of it being added in the meantime is pretty slim to none) roll
    I was so happy Rod came back for this, but this game has ruined the series for me. I get that they want to become a player in eSports, but I feel like they left a lot of what made the series awesome out. They were one of the first games to have an achievement tracker in GOW2 and GOW 3 was nearly perfect when it came to achievements and tracking, but 4 is driving me crazy. It should never be up to the user to track event objectives, and achievements shouldn't be tied to event rewards. They've promised that they'll be craftable after events are done, but who knows if they'll remember.
  • Posted on 12 February 18 at 01:21
    Also in Australia and am finding this achievement frustrating.

I'm not the best versus player (not the worst either) but finding a game is a nightmare.

If any one wants to invite me feel free- I managed to play and get 3 wins last night but the lobby dissolved about 11.30pm Western Time when I was left alone.

I will probably try again 9.30 AEST - Can't start a session on TA as I can't be 100% sure it will be that time
  • Solario32Solario32382,335
    Posted on 12 February 18 at 03:10
    LLboxed said:
    Solario32 said:
    FuzzedUpCookie said:

Same here with me. I got everything from Gearsmas except the Flaming Dropshot. Is there a way to open a ticket with them aside from just posting on their forums?

Did you post here?
    link hidden
    Thanks man for the link. I was not aware of that thread before. I posted on that. I see 98 pages of failure, lol.
  • Posted on 12 February 18 at 04:21
    Michel said:
    ClaytThaGreat said:
    Now that I've completed every Shrine and collected (almost) everything else in Zelda: BotW, I suppose I can finally return to Xbox, and Gears smile
    Don't come back till you have the 900 korok seeds
    and my golden hunk of poo? lol... tempting toast
  • Posted on 12 February 18 at 05:26
    Found myself in FULL lobbies. Got my kills and wins. Really enjoyed this event.
  • British LegendsBritish Legends1,080,920
    Posted on 12 February 18 at 13:01
    Elyoh said:
    KROGAN WARLORDS said:
    Don't play gears of war if you don't want to have to play multi-player or grind out the game it's always been a grind it always will be simple as
    The grind is made impossible in this one however as the developers publicly don't care about regions outside America. If you're not in America, you can't get a game,
    I never have any trouble getting games. I'm UK based.
  • z0rrofoxz0rrofox419,160
    Posted on 12 February 18 at 13:24, Edited on 12 February 18 at 13:46 by z0rrofox
    British Legends said:
    Elyoh said:
    KROGAN WARLORDS said:
    Don't play gears of war if you don't want to have to play multi-player or grind out the game it's always been a grind it always will be simple as
    The grind is made impossible in this one however as the developers publicly don't care about regions outside America. If you're not in America, you can't get a game,
    I never have any trouble getting games. I'm UK based.
    I'm in the UK too. I had a lot of trouble getting 5 competitive matches for the "Ranked and Filed" achievement but no issues getting core or special event matches.

I think OP is meaning more if you're in Australia or NZ, then The Coalition don't care.
    Like beer and want to own a part of a brewery? Buy yourself some Brewdog shares: https://www.brewdog.com/equityforpunks?referred_by=R577425
  • z0rrofoxz0rrofox419,160
    Posted on 12 February 18 at 13:45, Edited on 12 February 18 at 13:46 by z0rrofox
    Solario32 said:
    LLboxed said:
    Solario32 said:
    FuzzedUpCookie said:

Did you post here?
    link hidden
    Thanks man for the link. I was not aware of that thread before. I posted on that. I see 98 pages of failure, lol.
    Posted in the forum. Hopefully someone actually follows up on it. Has anyone had any feedback from TC or got the skin after posting in these forums?

The only other thing I could think of is that kills against back-filled bots might not count. If this is the case, they really need to add a tracker. I don't know about you guys but I just add my kills from the win screen to my tally marks on my piece of paper. If they require me to split out bot vs human kills, I'd need to be paying attention to the kill feed, stopping after every kill to make a note of it and then continue which is just bonkers
    Like beer and want to own a part of a brewery? Buy yourself some Brewdog shares: https://www.brewdog.com/equityforpunks?referred_by=R577425
  • Solario32Solario32382,335
    Posted on 12 February 18 at 13:49
    z0rrofox said:
    Solario32 said:
    LLboxed said:
    Solario32 said:
    FuzzedUpCookie said:

Did you post here?
    link hidden
    Posted in the forum. Hopefully someone actually follows up on it. Has anyone had any feedback from TC or got the skin after posting in these forums?

The only other thing I could think of is that kills against back-filled bots might not count. If this is the case, they really need to add a tracker. I don't know about you guys but I just add my kills from the win screen to my tally marks on my piece of paper. If they require me to split out bot vs human kills, I'd need to be paying attention to the kill feed, stopping after every kill to make a note of it and then continue which is just bonkers
    To be safe, I only counted kills against human players and I still didn't get Flaming Dropshot, so who knows.
  • J4CKA1J4CKA1337,751
    Posted on 12 February 18 at 22:31
    xSRYANx said:
    Sco Bravheart said:
    I love the Gears series but this one saddens me. The coalition have destroyed a great IP. We don't need loot boxes or timed achievements or badly run events. At least Judgment had Overrun.
    Bad achievements ruined the game? Don’t think so. The game is excellent - the achievements are trash. That does not make the game trash you nimwit,.
    the game isn't excellent. go to the gears of war forums where the hardcore players are. it's not excellent. however, its definitely not terrible. What it is... is irritating that they tie achievements to things that force people to engage in microtransactions unless they are willing to put 400 hours into a game. that last sentence is what makes TC a bunch as A-holes that everyone calls out because no one likes them,.
  • BobbleheadBobblehead155,619
    Posted on 13 February 18 at 00:00
    J4CKA1 said:
    xSRYANx said:
    Sco Bravheart said:
    I love the Gears series but this one saddens me. The coalition have destroyed a great IP. We don't need loot boxes or timed achievements or badly run events. At least Judgment had Overrun.
    Bad achievements ruined the game? Don’t think so. The game is excellent - the achievements are trash. That does not make the game trash you nimwit,.
    the game isn't excellent. go to the gears of war forums where the hardcore players are. it's not excellent. however, its definitely not terrible. What it is... is irritating that they tie achievements to things that force people to engage in microtransactions unless they are willing to put 400 hours into a game. that last sentence is what makes TC a bunch as A-holes that everyone calls out because no one likes them,.
    They don't make these achievements specifically for achievement hunters. I don't get why achievement hunters don't realize that. They put them there the real hardcore Gears players that love to play the game and wouldn't really have an issue grinding out hours of gameplay to earn the achievement because they are probably gonna play that much anyway.
  • J4CKA1J4CKA1337,751
    Posted on 13 February 18 at 17:05
    Bobblehead Joe said:
    J4CKA1 said:
    xSRYANx said:
    Sco Bravheart said:
    They don't make these achievements specifically for achievement hunters. I don't get why achievement hunters don't realize that. They put them there the real hardcore Gears players that love to play the game and wouldn't really have an issue grinding out hours of gameplay to earn the achievement because they are probably gonna play that much anyway.
    If you don't realize that everything is money driven and that achievement whores are another group that they can milk through quickly adding cumulative gameplay triggers, then I can't help you.
  • dancrozierdancrozier727,061
    Posted on 13 February 18 at 18:53
    Ok so I got my 5 wins and 100 kills, I used the useful tracker on the master at arms achievement.

I signed in today and it now gives me the option to register for the event.

Do I need to register and do it again? Does anyone know?
  • punkyliarpunkyliar295,443
    Posted on 13 February 18 at 19:13
    dancrozier said:
    Ok so I got my 5 wins and 100 kills, I used the useful tracker on the master at arms achievement.

If you weren't registered before, then yes you need to register and do it again.
  • BlaZiNaNGeLxBlaZiNaNGeLx832,395
    Posted on 13 February 18 at 19:13, Edited on 13 February 18 at 19:17 by BlaZiNaNGeLx
    dancrozier said:

You had to register first and then do the 5 wins with 100 kills.

I registered on the gears of war website first since I was on there but then the gow4 message had also asked me to register. So I registered again and it said I was registered "again". I then went on and made sure to get about +20 wins and +300 kills just to make sure in case I needed to do it double with the double register. Either way, when it comes to these events, always do more than the requirements. Never stop at the minimum because you never know if it will glitch our on you. I also didn't count torque bow executions as the previous events didn't but I hear this event they do but I still didn't want to chance it.

Good luck
  • dancrozierdancrozier727,061
    Posted on 13 February 18 at 20:05
    Thanks

Back to it then!
  • XBox Assassin83XBox Assassin831,032,319
    Posted on 14 February 18 at 14:22
    You HAVE to register on gearsofwar.com first to avoid having to redo the requirements. After you register, click on view your profile on the top right and it should say "Registered Event : Valentine's TB Tag 2018"
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads