Game Discussion: South Park: The Fractured but Whole Forum

Stick of Truth free game retail code still Working?

AuthorMessage
CrosscutSlinky
Posted on 11 February 18 at 14:18
Amazon UK are selling this game for £17.87 right now with the Stick of Truth free game, but I only found out today that the code apparently expired on 31st of January this year.

After doing a quick Google search, some people are saying that the codes still works as of several days ago.

Can anyone confirm if the codes are still good before I take the plunge and buy it for that low price.

Thanks.
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 11 February 18 at 14:59
Mine still works as of just now. There was confusion around if the codes expired then, but I think that's just when they quit giving them out. As far as I know, the code doesn't expire.
CrosscutSlinky
Posted on 11 February 18 at 15:07
Cheers. Better buy it then. dance
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 11 February 18 at 20:06
Eventually the code will expire. Sometimes codes last past expiration date.

I bought a copy of Bad Company 2 and the code inside was a year over expiration date. Still worked.

I'm not sure what companies need to do to cancel codes but sometimes it doesn't happen.

Take advantage while you can.
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 12 February 18 at 12:47
Nice, good deal. I preordered it and just haven't had a chance to play it yet, paid full retail.
CrosscutSlinky
Posted on 13 February 18 at 13:07
Game just arrived today in the post and... Code still works, downloading now. clap

Good thing I bought when I did as the price has gone up to £24.85. laugh

Amazon and their weird price fluctuations.
C0LOURMEGREY
C0LOURMEGREY
Posted on 13 February 18 at 22:59
CrosscutSlinky said:
Game just arrived today in the post and... Code still works, downloading now. clap

Same here, It downloaded ok but not letting me play it. Yours the same?
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 14 February 18 at 00:18, Edited on 14 February 18 at 01:00 by KenH2k4
It sounds like a lot of people are having that issue. I'll check mine in a bit here

Edit: Yep, same here. I'd imagine this is a temporary glitch and not intentional, but time will tell
CrosscutSlinky
Posted on 14 February 18 at 12:48
C0LOURMEGREY said:
CrosscutSlinky said:

Same here, It downloaded ok but not letting me play it. Yours the same?
Yup, can't get mine to work, just asks me if I own the game.

If I click "see in microsoft store" it has the option to play or buy to own for £24.99, but when I click play, back to asking me if I own the game.

My guess is that because the game had a stand-alone release yesterday, it is somehow causing issues with the license for people that got the game for free.

I wonder if anybody who downloaded the game before 31st January are having problems?.

Hopefully this is just temporary, and not just a ploy to get people to pay for the game with an excuse like the free copy was just a time limited trial version. warning
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 14 February 18 at 13:06
Ah, seems the licensing has been screwed up. Mine doesn't work either now that I went and tried to Launch it.

Seems everyone with a digital version before it's standalone release has just lost their license to the game.

Hopefully all will be restored within the next few days.
CrosscutSlinky
Posted on 14 February 18 at 20:25
Appears to be working now, although some times it still comes up asking you if you own the game, just close the window and click on the game again and it plays.

Hopefully they fixed the licensing glitch permanently, we'll just have to wait and see.
C0LOURMEGREY
C0LOURMEGREY
Posted on 15 February 18 at 11:10
Now working here too, looks like it was a 24 hour glitch
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.