Game Discussion: Minecraft (Android) Forum

World data location?

AuthorMessage
dasaki v
dasaki v
Posted on 11 February 18 at 20:33
Even Google can't seem to help me find this, but where is the world data saved at on the phone now? I've tried following the instructions in the walkthrough and every result on google, but even with hidden folders shown I don't have a games folder and there don't appear to be any .mcworld files saved on my phone anywhere I can find.

Samsung Galaxy J36V, Android vr 7.1.1
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 11 February 18 at 23:17
They moved where it used it be.

In my phone it's now located in

Phone> Games> com.mojang

There you can find a lot of the games assets including the maps.
Alehldean
Alehldean
Posted on 12 February 18 at 22:59
I've been searching everywhere for this same thing. Problem is I have neither a Games folder nor a com.mojang folder. Closest thing I have is two instances of a com.mojang.minecraftpe folder, one with a single Files folder in it. I've tried putting the downloaded world folders in all three of these and none have worked.

I've got my Android phone hooked up to my Win 10 PC for easier file searching. I've tried multiple searches and haven't been able to find anything but those three empty folders. I have started the game and created a world so it has to be saved somewhere but I can't find it.

I was really looking forward to this getting this set up. I'm trying for a win streak and I figured this would be perfect for days when my power or net goes out or I'm out of town.

Can anyone please help?
dasaki v
dasaki v
Posted on 13 February 18 at 01:40
New Paralyzer said:
They moved where it used it be.

In my phone it's now located in

Phone> Games> com.mojang

There you can find a lot of the games assets including the maps.
The issue is I do not have a Games folder anywhere on the device, nor will it work if I manually add one.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 13 February 18 at 02:20, Edited on 13 February 18 at 02:22 by New Paralyzer
Hmm...

This is weird.... did you guys check your SD card if you have one? Though all my Minecraft stuff is located in Phone

It isn't where it used to be in my phone but I was able to find the new location....

Well right now you could use a PC world and join it with your phone and play in there.

You can join your own games via different devices.
dasaki v
dasaki v
Posted on 13 February 18 at 04:21, Edited on 13 February 18 at 04:44 by dasaki v
New Paralyzer said:
Hmm...

This is weird.... did you guys check your SD card if you have one? Though all my Minecraft stuff is located in Phone

It isn't where it used to be in my phone but I was able to find the new location....

Well right now you could use a PC world and join it with your phone and play in there.

You can join your own games via different devices.
I've tried on two different phones now (the aforementioned Samsung and a Motorola Moto e), both with and without SD cards, to no avail.

Sadly that solution isn't optimal for trying to have the achievement worlds for keeping up a streak while not at home, either. And still comes with the issue of host-only achievements when trying to use the worlds from the guide.

Thank you, though!
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 13 February 18 at 05:47, Edited on 13 February 18 at 23:10 by New Paralyzer
I'm not really sure what to say.......

I can find it on my phone...

Hold on I'm gonna install it on my Galaxy Tablet and I'll see where those worlds go.

I'll post back when I find out.

EDIT: When I loaded the game up it said I had no worlds and to pick a destination.

Application or External

I picked Application.

I created a new world saved and closed the game.

I went to my file manger and sure enough it created a games folder which has a com.mojang folder.

Have you guys tried to search for a com.mojang?
dasaki v
dasaki v
Posted on 17 February 18 at 06:35
Okay, I finally made it work in a really weird way. What I had to do was:

Delete all my worlds.

Place a SD card in the phone.

Go to the world menu.

Select 'External' for world location.

It created a games folder on my phone, not the SD card.

For some reason, it never gave me the option for application/external when I first started it without the SD card, not did it give me the option on the Motorola (which installed to the SD card by default as the phone memory was full, so there was only one destination)
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 17 February 18 at 08:08
That's so odd lol where in the world was it going without the SD?

Well at least you got it working now.
Alehldean
Alehldean
Posted on 17 February 18 at 15:00
My phone doesn't have an SD card slot. And to be honest, I don't remember if there was an option to choose between Application and External when I first started. But I did delete the worlds I had and restarted the game. At that point I chose External and the game created the necessary folders.

So thanks to the both of you I managed to get this working.

Thank you!
dasaki v
dasaki v
Posted on 17 February 18 at 19:08
New Paralyzer said:
That's so odd lol where in the world was it going without the SD?
I can only assume an inaccessible system folder with the actual program files for the game.

Alehldean said:
My phone doesn't have an SD card slot. And to be honest, I don't remember if there was an option to choose between Application and External when I first started. But I did delete the worlds I had and restarted the game. At that point I chose External and the game created the necessary folders.

So thanks to the both of you I managed to get this working.

Thank you!
Glad this was able to help more than just myself!
Blood DM
Blood DM
Posted on 10 August 18 at 07:11
Must say I have been looking at this problem and scratching my head since yesterday until I came over this thread.

My Kindle version had no issue with finding the 'Games' folder and it was there from the start.
Simply installed that version, opened ES Explorer and my 'Games' folder was right there.

On loading the Android version I couldn't figure out where it had gone.
I thought opening the game up or restarting my phone might do the trick but nothing.
Inevitably it was as mentioned above.

I had to go in and create a new World while selecting 'External' storage... I do not even have a SD card in my phone due to having ample internal mem.

Then as if by magic the folder appeared with all the relevant files and folders I require.

I guess anyone who is having this issue this is still a thing. Just ensure you go into 'Play' Select 'External' storage (even if you don't have it) 'Save & Quit' your map and this should force to required folders to appear.
LeGuppie
Posted on 15 August 18 at 23:04
dasaki v I think I have the same problem. I have a minecraft world on my android that I would like to transfer to a computer (mac) so I can upload it to MediaFire. The only problem is that when I plug in my phone to the mac and use the Android File Transfer, my minecraft maps don't show up! They don't show up on my phone's internal storage either :(
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.