Game Discussion: Minecraft (Android) Forum

World data location?

AuthorMessage
dasaki v
dasaki v
Posted on 11 February 18 at 20:33
Even Google can't seem to help me find this, but where is the world data saved at on the phone now? I've tried following the instructions in the walkthrough and every result on google, but even with hidden folders shown I don't have a games folder and there don't appear to be any .mcworld files saved on my phone anywhere I can find.

Samsung Galaxy J36V, Android vr 7.1.1
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 11 February 18 at 23:17
They moved where it used it be.

In my phone it's now located in

Phone> Games> com.mojang

There you can find a lot of the games assets including the maps.
Alehldean
Alehldean
Posted on 12 February 18 at 22:59
I've been searching everywhere for this same thing. Problem is I have neither a Games folder nor a com.mojang folder. Closest thing I have is two instances of a com.mojang.minecraftpe folder, one with a single Files folder in it. I've tried putting the downloaded world folders in all three of these and none have worked.

I've got my Android phone hooked up to my Win 10 PC for easier file searching. I've tried multiple searches and haven't been able to find anything but those three empty folders. I have started the game and created a world so it has to be saved somewhere but I can't find it.

I was really looking forward to this getting this set up. I'm trying for a win streak and I figured this would be perfect for days when my power or net goes out or I'm out of town.

Can anyone please help?
dasaki v
dasaki v
Posted on 13 February 18 at 01:40
New Paralyzer said:
They moved where it used it be.

In my phone it's now located in

Phone> Games> com.mojang

There you can find a lot of the games assets including the maps.
The issue is I do not have a Games folder anywhere on the device, nor will it work if I manually add one.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 13 February 18 at 02:20, Edited on 13 February 18 at 02:22 by New Paralyzer
Hmm...

This is weird.... did you guys check your SD card if you have one? Though all my Minecraft stuff is located in Phone

It isn't where it used to be in my phone but I was able to find the new location....

Well right now you could use a PC world and join it with your phone and play in there.

You can join your own games via different devices.
dasaki v
dasaki v
Posted on 13 February 18 at 04:21, Edited on 13 February 18 at 04:44 by dasaki v
New Paralyzer said:
Hmm...

This is weird.... did you guys check your SD card if you have one? Though all my Minecraft stuff is located in Phone

It isn't where it used to be in my phone but I was able to find the new location....

Well right now you could use a PC world and join it with your phone and play in there.

You can join your own games via different devices.
I've tried on two different phones now (the aforementioned Samsung and a Motorola Moto e), both with and without SD cards, to no avail.

Sadly that solution isn't optimal for trying to have the achievement worlds for keeping up a streak while not at home, either. And still comes with the issue of host-only achievements when trying to use the worlds from the guide.

Thank you, though!
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 13 February 18 at 05:47, Edited on 13 February 18 at 23:10 by New Paralyzer
I'm not really sure what to say.......

I can find it on my phone...

Hold on I'm gonna install it on my Galaxy Tablet and I'll see where those worlds go.

I'll post back when I find out.

EDIT: When I loaded the game up it said I had no worlds and to pick a destination.

Application or External

I picked Application.

I created a new world saved and closed the game.

I went to my file manger and sure enough it created a games folder which has a com.mojang folder.

Have you guys tried to search for a com.mojang?
dasaki v
dasaki v
Posted on 17 February 18 at 06:35
Okay, I finally made it work in a really weird way. What I had to do was:

Delete all my worlds.

Place a SD card in the phone.

Go to the world menu.

Select 'External' for world location.

It created a games folder on my phone, not the SD card.

For some reason, it never gave me the option for application/external when I first started it without the SD card, not did it give me the option on the Motorola (which installed to the SD card by default as the phone memory was full, so there was only one destination)
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 17 February 18 at 08:08
That's so odd lol where in the world was it going without the SD?

Well at least you got it working now.
Alehldean
Alehldean
Posted on 17 February 18 at 15:00
My phone doesn't have an SD card slot. And to be honest, I don't remember if there was an option to choose between Application and External when I first started. But I did delete the worlds I had and restarted the game. At that point I chose External and the game created the necessary folders.

So thanks to the both of you I managed to get this working.

Thank you!
dasaki v
dasaki v
Posted on 17 February 18 at 19:08
New Paralyzer said:
That's so odd lol where in the world was it going without the SD?
I can only assume an inaccessible system folder with the actual program files for the game.

Alehldean said:
My phone doesn't have an SD card slot. And to be honest, I don't remember if there was an option to choose between Application and External when I first started. But I did delete the worlds I had and restarted the game. At that point I chose External and the game created the necessary folders.

So thanks to the both of you I managed to get this working.

Thank you!
Glad this was able to help more than just myself!
Blood DM
Blood DM
Posted on 10 August 18 at 07:11
Must say I have been looking at this problem and scratching my head since yesterday until I came over this thread.

My Kindle version had no issue with finding the 'Games' folder and it was there from the start.
Simply installed that version, opened ES Explorer and my 'Games' folder was right there.

On loading the Android version I couldn't figure out where it had gone.
I thought opening the game up or restarting my phone might do the trick but nothing.
Inevitably it was as mentioned above.

I had to go in and create a new World while selecting 'External' storage... I do not even have a SD card in my phone due to having ample internal mem.

Then as if by magic the folder appeared with all the relevant files and folders I require.

I guess anyone who is having this issue this is still a thing. Just ensure you go into 'Play' Select 'External' storage (even if you don't have it) 'Save & Quit' your map and this should force to required folders to appear.
LeGuppie
Posted on 15 August 18 at 23:04
dasaki v I think I have the same problem. I have a minecraft world on my android that I would like to transfer to a computer (mac) so I can upload it to MediaFire. The only problem is that when I plug in my phone to the mac and use the Android File Transfer, my minecraft maps don't show up! They don't show up on my phone's internal storage either :(
mutenpolo
mutenpolo
Posted on 20 September 18 at 22:08
Blood DM said:
Must say I have been looking at this problem and scratching my head since yesterday until I came over this thread.

My Kindle version had no issue with finding the 'Games' folder and it was there from the start.
Simply installed that version, opened ES Explorer and my 'Games' folder was right there.

On loading the Android version I couldn't figure out where it had gone.
I thought opening the game up or restarting my phone might do the trick but nothing.
Inevitably it was as mentioned above.

I had to go in and create a new World while selecting 'External' storage... I do not even have a SD card in my phone due to having ample internal mem.

Then as if by magic the folder appeared with all the relevant files and folders I require.

I guess anyone who is having this issue this is still a thing. Just ensure you go into 'Play' Select 'External' storage (even if you don't have it) 'Save & Quit' your map and this should force to required folders to appear.
Really works, thank you
ArDPalang
ArDPalang
Posted on 20 November 18 at 17:02
I had the same problem on galaxy s9. Thanks for the solution.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 01 February 19 at 14:33
I have this problem. Only I can't find a way to choose to save external? Where is that option?
ShadierStone9
Posted on 10 July 19 at 19:28
I did a litkebit of research and found this video. This village solve your problem. And as a bonus this is very easy. Just just go to the settings in the app and go into the profile folder and choose eksternal storage under in the storage section😀
Here is the link to the YouTube video👇
https://youtu.be/YWqsCbnZDhs
BeerOrLogin
Posted on 08 September 19 at 21:17
Problem solved! Posting this out of relief from years of frustration.

I started playing MCPE on a Samsung Galaxy S7. When the time came for a new phone (years ago), for the life of me, I couldn't find a way to transfer my worlds from the old android to the new one. I'm not a computer geek, but I'm also not a novice. Nevertheless, after hours of Google searches and failed attempts to find my worlds, I gave up.
Fast forward to today, it's time again for a new phone. I had very much hoped that in the passing of time "things" had improved, file transfers were made possible and easy, and there would now be a way to move and keep my old MCPE worlds. My initial searches populated a youtube video of a mom moving her kids worlds. I completely understood and followed what she had shown, but when I got to the folder on my android where the worlds should be the count was zero. There was nothing in that folder. Additional Google searches brought me to forums like this where it didn't really seem like anyone was having any success...for years. Some said that they were able to find and transfer, but most, like me, could not. Then I found the answer, Realms!!! I subscribed to access to creating Realms, and then in a slow process of "copy and paste" if you will, I uploaded and downloaded all of my worlds. IT WORKED!!! Here's what I did...
1. Open MCPE on device-1
2. Sign into Microsoft Account (create account if you haven't already)
3. Click Play
4. Click on "30 Day Free Trial" for Realms (don't worry...you can cancel as soon as your done transferring...$0 out of pocket...or keep Realms and save your progress across multiple devices)
5. Complete activation, and load a Realm
6. Exit Realm and go back to your list of Worlds (note that your new Realm is at the top of the list)
7. Edit your new Realm (click on pencil next to new Realm name)
8. Scroll down to "Replace World" and then pick the world that you want to convert to a Realm
9. Repeat the following until all Worlds are converted to Realms
- Choose to add a new Realm
- Exit Realm
- Click on edit Realm
- Rename Realm to keep track
- Choose "Replace World" (converts world to realm)
10. Close MCPE on device-1
11. Open MCPE on device-2
12. Sign into Microsoft Account
13. Click Play
14. Repeat the following until all Realms are downloaded as Worlds
- Click on edit Realm
- Choose Download World, and pick world to save to device
- Edit World name (keep track!!!)
15. Once finished, visit the Play Store, and from the menu at the top left (hamburger) cancel your Realms subscription under "Subscriptions."

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who figured this out...just as sure as there are probably still people trying to get this to work.
JammXLIV
JammXLIV
Posted on 30 September 19 at 10:59, Edited on 30 September 19 at 12:10 by JammXLIV
BeerOrLogin said:
I'm sure that I'm not the only one who figured this out...just as sure as there are probably still people trying to get this to work.
Just to confirm, this will work transferring worlds between my android device and iOS/Xbox?

Edit: Yes, it does. Although I could only create one realm with the free trial, each additional realm seemed to cost the £6.65 subscription fee. So I had to Replace the world to the realm, download the world to my iPad and Xbox, then replace the world in the realm with another world and continue until all the worlds I wanted were on each device.
jrrc1991
Posted on 02 October 19 at 15:40
BeerOrLogin said:
Problem solved! Posting this out of relief from years of frustration.

You are my hero bro, I was stucked with the same issue and I had given up. I found this post and I tried to do with Realms like you suggest and... eureka! I have my worlds from the old phone in my new phone. It's not the correct solution but that's work fine.

PS.: I literally created an account here just to say thank you.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.