Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Mafia II and Prey Now Backward Compatible

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 February 18 at 06:25
    Now they just need to make Mafia I OG xbox back compat.
    Choose The Impossible
  • Posted on 14 February 18 at 06:34
    Musikfreak007 said:
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    Heck yes, Mafia II. That just leaves Enslanved, Max Payne 3, and Splinter Cell as my remaining wishlist items, I think.
    WooHoo Mafia II! It's been a while since a game on my wishlist went back compat.
    Of the games actually likely to go back compat: come on FF XIII(-2), Gun, Dust, and Crysis series.
    Probably never: Kingdoms of Amalur and Tony Hawk games.
    I think EA has washed its hands of Amalur for several reasons that combine to make it an unlikely game to go back compat.
  • Segendary TySegendary Ty653,174
    Posted on 14 February 18 at 07:19, Edited on 14 February 18 at 07:24 by Segendary Ty
    SC Conviction and now 2 other games on my list going BC. That's awesome :D. Still hoping for Prince of Persia TFS, SC Blacklist, Max Payne 3 and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

RDNKB34R said:
    Time to grind out all the collectibles for Mafia II... I for one would like to see a Prey 2, i found it to be a fun game.
    You mean Prey on the xbox One?
  • Posted on 14 February 18 at 08:44
    HolyHalfDead said:
    I have updated my list with yet another past GwG going BC
    - HolyHalfDead's blog post - Games with Gold

There aren't many left that aren't BC now, excluding the ones that are unlikely to get the BC treatment (AC4, Halo:SA, MGS:V, Metro's, Dead Island's, Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider etc).
    Spartan Assault is already backward compatible, has been for quite some time.
  • Posted on 14 February 18 at 09:58
    Now please add mercenaries 2 world in flames in BC please!
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead544,561
    Posted on 14 February 18 at 10:12, Edited on 14 February 18 at 10:26 by HolyHalfDead
    Kennyannydenny said:
    HolyHalfDead said:

There aren't many left that aren't BC now, excluding the ones that are unlikely to get the BC treatment (AC4, Halo:SA, MGS:V, Metro's, Dead Island's, Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider etc).
    Good point. I was looking at the info for the Xbox One version by mistake, as Halo:SA 360 has not been GwG.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 14 February 18 at 10:40
    Elyoh said:
    TransAmConnor said:
    Can't be a coincidence that when I contacted Xbox Support about missing DLC for Mafia 2, they asked which console I'd been playing it on.

When I told the guy "360, since it wasn't backwards compatible unfortunately". He replied that they were working hard to do that.

Perhaps just the standard line to give in response to things like that, but seems like too much of a coincidence.
    The DLC only got relisted a month or 2 ago. We guessed it was because it was becoming BC, and in hindsight it obviously was. Now we should see if we can trip up other support staff into telling us what's coming wink
    By a month or two ago, you mean the 19th September, 2016, according to the dates on Xbox.com? That's still some wait between relisting and actually going BC.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant569,826
    Posted on 14 February 18 at 11:09, Edited on 14 February 18 at 11:12 by LuckyKant
    BBIAJ said:
    Elyoh said:
    TransAmConnor said:
    Can't be a coincidence that when I contacted Xbox Support about missing DLC for Mafia 2, they asked which console I'd been playing it on.

When I told the guy "360, since it wasn't backwards compatible unfortunately". He replied that they were working hard to do that.

Perhaps just the standard line to give in response to things like that, but seems like too much of a coincidence.
    The DLC only got relisted a month or 2 ago. We guessed it was because it was becoming BC, and in hindsight it obviously was. Now we should see if we can trip up other support staff into telling us what's coming wink
    By a month or two ago, you mean the 19th September, 2016, according to the dates on Xbox.com? That's still some wait between relisting and actually going BC.
    Wasn't the 19th when they relisted the game, but not the DLC?

Edit: Claims DLC only appeared in Jan. Mafia II Returns to Digital Storefronts
    This post may be sarcastic.
  • Posted on 14 February 18 at 11:15
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Kennyannydenny said:
    HolyHalfDead said:

Good point. I was looking at the info for the Xbox One version by mistake, as Halo:SA 360 has not been GwG.
    Ah, no probs :) Yeah only the One version was part of GwG.

I do really hope both Dead Island's and Metro's will still get the BC treatment... cry
  • Dannyy1221Dannyy1221172,278
    Posted on 14 February 18 at 11:40
    Still have mafia 2 to finish done roughly 80% so can finally finish it with just the xbox one rather than using the 360.
  • Posted on 14 February 18 at 11:57
    How does Mafia 2 hold up vs 3? I only played the third one and really enjoyed it. I see there are collectibles. Are they a pain to track?
    Ask me about my rock collection.
    Posted on 14 February 18 at 12:14
    dropK1CK ninJA said:
    How does Mafia 2 hold up vs 3? I only played the third one and really enjoyed it. I see there are collectibles. Are they a pain to track?
    For the posters, do it in one sitting. Should take about 3 hours. If you want to avoid replaying the game, use a guide for the other collectables and don't collect any posters until you are doing them all in one go.

The game is a classic. Better than two, but the story ending is ruined by playing three first. The game has no free roam mode as it is all chapter select.

Highly recommend the game. It is in my top ten on Xbox. I also recommended playing the Betryal of Jimmy DLC before Jimmy's Vendetta. No achievements but helps with the story.
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7450,850
    Posted on 14 February 18 at 12:29
    Kennyannydenny said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Kennyannydenny said:
    HolyHalfDead said:

Ah, no probs :) Yeah only the One version was part of GwG.

I do really hope both Dead Island's and Metro's will still get the BC treatment... cry
    Same here, if only for them to finally update that glitched game tile for Metro 2033. Still annoying to see after all these years.
  • Desi ShinobiDesi Shinobi420,986
    Posted on 14 February 18 at 12:48
    WAITED FOR THIS FOR A VERY VERY VERY LONG TIME!!

Now bring us Ninja Gaiden 2, 3 and Razor's Edge and Tenchu Z to b/c!
  • SveinpusSveinpus152,374
    Posted on 14 February 18 at 13:39
    The BC list is getting pretty nice, now we just need NHL '09.
  • KaneKane78,766
    Posted on 14 February 18 at 13:48
    I never played these games before, but if they are backwards compatiable then I mgiht have to purchase them and see what they have to offer
    Xbox: GTASAROCKS88 Steam: HughyJuspur
  • Blissed AwayBlissed Away615,034
    Posted on 14 February 18 at 14:07
    I still have to play the DLC. Now this is an incentive to play it and try to get those remaining achievements. Great game, so much better than Mafia III (a downgrade imo).
    Posted on 14 February 18 at 14:23, Edited on 14 February 18 at 14:23 by LuckyKant
    GTASAROCKS88 said:
    I never played these games before, but if they are backwards compatiable then I mgiht have to purchase them and see what they have to offer
    Mafia II is wonderful. Not too long either. Haven't played Prey.

Blissed Away said:
    I still have to play the DLC. Now this is an incentive to play it and try to get those remaining achievements. Great game, so much better than Mafia III (a downgrade imo).
    Preach. Mafia III was Hanger 13's first game as a studio, and it was a decent game in the sense. Not as good as Mafia II, but it felt it get better with every new DLC. The last was amazing. If this was a standalone IP, it would have gotten more praise than it did. This is why I did not preorder Kingdom Come: Deliverance - I will wait as Warhorse Studios are also new to this whilst I have just started Witcher 2, another time sink.
  • uv1uv1235,436
    Posted on 14 February 18 at 16:57
    its great playing Prey again, shame you can't capture any gameplay [video or pictures] through the xbox one on this title
    “ I kill monsters and zombies with infeasibly large plasma-based weaponry”
  • Lost LegendsLost Legends1,322,943
    Posted on 14 February 18 at 17:50
    Jordo said:
    @Holyhalfdead

No. The one on eBay is not the EEU disc. It's not the Russian version or the Czech/Polish version. Whoever buys it will find out for themselves.

Anyway, I'm done talking about it. It's a waste of time for me at this point.
    Besides the fact it's way overpriced and doesn't even include the second disc with the dlc.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.