Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Mafia II and Prey Now Backward Compatible

• AliosghofAliosghof1,333,109
    Posted on 16 February 18 at 21:04
    I have tried the European physical copies of xbox one games such as rugby 15 on NTSC xbox one and it was stackable but never tried the PAL or JP ver of 360 games (physical copy -compatible) on xbox one. my question is if I buy a physical copy of JP ver of Mafia II, can I play it on NTSC xbox one and get new achievements ?
  • Oriole2682Oriole26822,562,170
    Posted on 16 February 18 at 21:09
    Yes
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 February 18 at 21:12
    Aliosghof said:
    I have tried the European physical copies of xbox one games such as rugby 15 on NTSC xbox one and it was stackable but never tried the PAL or JP ver of 360 games (physical copy -compatible) on xbox one. my question is if I buy a physical copy of JP ver of Mafia II, can I play it on NTSC xbox one and get new achievements ?
    How I understand it: as long as it's not a Chinese Xbone, it's region free. And all backwards compatible games are therefore region free as well.

I don't remember if it was the Japanese Oblivion and/or Dragon Age: Origins. But I remember reading that one or both games had troubles at first but they were eventually ironed out. You can just go to the forums posts for either games to read up on that.
    HaxAras
  • AliosghofAliosghof1,333,109
    Posted on 17 February 18 at 02:27, Edited on 17 February 18 at 02:27 by Aliosghof
    HaxAras said:
    Aliosghof said:
    How I understand it: as long as it's not a Chinese Xbone, it's region free. And all backwards compatible games are therefore region free as well.

I don't remember if it was the Japanese Oblivion and/or Dragon Age: Origins. But I remember reading that one or both games had troubles at first but they were eventually ironed out. You can just go to the forums posts for either games to read up on that.
    Thanks HaxAras, I'll give it a try
  • TeS RolandTeS Roland156,258
    Posted on 18 February 18 at 13:02
    I'm missing the War Hero Pack and the Made Man Pack in my ready to install list. I'm 100% sure I've bought them years ago. Other packs I've bought are showing up. Who do I contact for this? MS or 2K?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.