Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass Dashboard Indicates 12 Titles Will Be Removed in March

• AwooAwoo2,210,830
    Posted on 16 February 18 at 12:39
    I hope that glitch isn't still a thing where if you owned a game before getting it through game pass, the original ownership would disappear. I own most of these outside of game pass, so I hope I'll still have them.
    What can change the nature of a man?
  • Posted on 16 February 18 at 12:39
    None of these titles are all that spectacular anyway with the exception of D4. I recommend picking that one up right away, easy completion for sure!
    If you're reading this, you aren't hunting Achievements.
  • GerbasgamerGerbasgamer2,498,927
    Posted on 16 February 18 at 12:49
    JerkyDog said:
    Will the removed games be added back into the rotation at some point or is it a one time thing like GWG?
    Also I missed the £3 game pass promo, so do the CDKeys codes stack or are they just for new customers, one code only?
    They could theoretically return.
    Looking at these games however, that doesn't sound likely. Many are too old to increase the value of the service. Though I could see D4 return in a year or two.
  • Posted on 16 February 18 at 12:50
    I don’t see this as a bad thing thing because they said from the beginning that they will be removing games so this shouldn’t be a shocker.
  • St3phosaurusSt3phosaurus313,317
    Posted on 16 February 18 at 12:55
    I'm alright with this - the only one I'm interested in playing is D4, so I'll get that done before the end of the month. Still loving game pass! For someone like me who missed the 360 era, it's a great way to try some of the older games.
  • GerbasgamerGerbasgamer2,498,927
    Posted on 16 February 18 at 12:57
    OdadjianActual said:
    Microsoft shouldn't remove its own exclusive first-party games. That's a really bad look.
    It's not first party. They don't own the IP and didn't develop it. They didn't even publish the PC version.
    Much like Ryse or Dead Rising 3.
  • Posted on 16 February 18 at 12:58
    D4 was good so worth beating before it goes if you didn't pick it up on GwG years back.

I don't buy into Game Pass but you either fall into the category of do or don't - if you don't, not worth complaining about it. Seems like a decent option if it's your thing but I have too much of a backlog to contemplate it.
  • Evil KenivlEvil Kenivl899,739
    Posted on 16 February 18 at 12:59
    Will NEVER subscribe to this... Never! Retail buy as Long as possible. No one can take it away...Only closed Servers are an issue but holding the game on Disc in MY HANDS make me feel better!

Why should i pay for something just to realize it will be taken away!?

And only because netflix removes stuff its automaticly ok when MS do it aswell!? Not for me...
    I wont Support this and everyone else who dont li like this stuff should simply ignore it.

Thats the bad side of the digital world... But i think everone has their own Point of view toast
    Gaming since 1990!
  • KiRRAYNEKiRRAYNE729,473
    Posted on 16 February 18 at 13:00
    MVPVincent said:
    Ah shit. Of the games on this list, I want to complete D4, Streets of Rage and Virtua Fighter but with my overloaded schedule, I don't think I'll complete them all in time.
    Both Virtua Fighter and Streets of Rage can be finished in a couple hours. Get to it! laugh
  • imaidiot19imaidiot191,943,668
    Posted on 16 February 18 at 13:21
    I own almost all of these at least. We all knew removals were coming. At least they give us a month warning.

I just wish the 360 purchase history was currently working, so I could determine which I own and which I don't.
    Yes, I know I am.
  • Posted on 16 February 18 at 13:22
    Not everyone has loads of free time on their hands so it would be nice if they gave at least 30 days notice of titles leaving the service.

Otherwise they said titles would be rotated so fair enough.
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,688,376
    Posted on 16 February 18 at 13:25
    Malazan said:
    I really wish D4 had sold better, it's pretty hilarious!
    Agree
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty1,067,057
    Posted on 16 February 18 at 13:27
    This is one of the reasons I will never subscribe to Game Pass. That and the fact that it is too much like Netflix - a couple of gems to choose from but mostly old dross that I wouldn't touch with a shitty stick.
  • AnxsighetyAnxsighety2,119,867
    Posted on 16 February 18 at 13:28
    Extase4u2 said:
    another reason to stay away from digital. they shoot themselves in the foot with these delistings. both from the store and gamepass. gamepass is only about 6 month old and they're allready delisting... someone at m$ must really love the DEL button on his/her keyboard...
    You must not understand how this works.

"Oh man, Netflix is going to have a hard time keeping business if they keep removing titles every month!"

Subscriptions services live on by keeping themselves fresh - out with the old, in with the new! and, when the old comes back around, it makes another appearance. Many things taken off subscription services like Netflix find their way back eventually. Subscription services die if they aren't constantly changing. It also gives people incentive to play or watch certain things before there is a change. Giving us a "leaving soon" option, means I'll probably play whichever game from that list catches my interest.

People don't understand anything nowadays eh?
  • AnxsighetyAnxsighety2,119,867
    Posted on 16 February 18 at 13:29
    NawtyCawty said:
    This is one of the reasons I will never subscribe to Game Pass. That and the fact that it is too much like Netflix - a couple of gems to choose from but mostly old dross that I wouldn't touch with a shitty stick.
    because it rotates titles to keep itself fresh and constantly introduce new while removing old? derp.
  • AwooAwoo2,210,830
    Posted on 16 February 18 at 13:36
    Regardless of whether it was stated up front or not, I think it's fair to criticize removing games from the service. Netflix shouldn't do it either, but I understand if it's because of licensing issues and the like. These services are essentially digital libraries, and I'd be surprised to see any self-respecting library tossing out old books to make room for new ones. At least in that case they'd actually have a limited space to work with, which is not the case with digital services. Makes you think about how fleeting digital goods are, and how many great experiences really don't exist in any lasting physical form. We can still enjoy literature from hundreds of years ago, but will any of our digital only games still be around hundreds of years from now, especially with practices like this? Unlikely.
    What can change the nature of a man?
  • iiTs HawkiiTs Hawk563,276
    Posted on 16 February 18 at 13:37
    If u download them while they are on game pass, you can still play these titles after they are removed correct?
  • Posted on 16 February 18 at 13:38, Edited on 16 February 18 at 13:40 by PrestonPreston
    xSRYANx said:
    xSRYANx said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    because it rotates titles to keep itself fresh and constantly introduce new while removing old? derp.
    Yes, it seems people like you do not understand. Some of us just prefer to actually own something, rather than owning temporary access to something. What is so difficult to understand?
    And then to have the audacity to say other people don't understand things and call them 'derp' when they can't grasp such a simple concept themselves roll
    "music is my religion" - Jimi Hendrix
  • aphexbraphexbr266,024
    Posted on 16 February 18 at 13:54, Edited on 16 February 18 at 13:55 by aphexbr
    PrestonPreston said:
    xSRYANx said:
    xSRYANx said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    Yes, it seems people like you do not understand. Some of us just prefer to actually own something, rather than owning temporary access to something. What is so difficult to understand?
    What's difficult to understand is why people keep bitching about a rental service not acting like a retail store.

Want to buy instead of rent? Cool, do that. This service isn't aimed at you in any way. Those people who would rather have access to a large game collection for way less than they could get it by buying games will use it.

You're not affected in any way whatsoever by this service operating as it has been stated it will from day one. Why you guys are complaining about it is beyond me.
  • Posted on 16 February 18 at 13:57, Edited on 16 February 18 at 13:58 by AZChristopher
    Awoo said:
    Regardless of whether it was stated up front or not, I think it's fair to criticize removing games from the service. Netflix shouldn't do it either, but I understand if it's because of licensing issues and the like. These services are essentially digital libraries, and I'd be surprised to see any self-respecting library tossing out old books to make room for new ones. At least in that case they'd actually have a limited space to work with, which is not the case with digital services. Makes you think about how fleeting digital goods are, and how many great experiences really don't exist in any lasting physical form. We can still enjoy literature from hundreds of years ago, but will any of our digital only games still be around hundreds of years from now, especially with practices like this? Unlikely.
    Libraries sell old books all the time. They also have limits on digital downloaded books even though in theory they should be unlimited.

Microsoft should do it; Netflix should do it; Spotify should do it; all services like this should do it. If you are a collector then obviously these kind of services shouldn’t be for you. Personally the amount of content that IP holders create now makes these services great for those who don’t want to spend thousands a year or constantly mess around with reselling.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads