Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass Dashboard Indicates 12 Titles Will Be Removed in March

• Evil KenivlEvil Kenivl899,739
    Posted on 16 February 18 at 23:52
    @Homunculus Fury

Yes... Sure its "cheaper" in some way but it feels like you only got limited time to Play the games. Knowing it could be delisted and you never were possible to Play some of them would make me feel like i have wasted some of the monthly subscription... Having the game right there next to you gives some kinf of guarantee you can Play it anytime you want...

@Chakaal Starr
    Ok...
    Gaming since 1990!
  • ElyohElyoh1,098,074
    Posted on 17 February 18 at 00:20
    Much complain, so sad.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • o DEEVIUS oo DEEVIUS o621,810
    Posted on 17 February 18 at 01:02
    I had no reason to get this in the first place, but now if they're gonna be removing games willy-nilly then I'm avoiding this like Yaris

I have very limited gaming time these days so subscribing to a service that could make games I've started unavailable is beyond useless to me. I still have bean-dived games from a year ago!
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,327,928
    Posted on 17 February 18 at 01:19
    Play D4 before it goes away. Such a fantastic game and easy completion. Hopefully one day a sequel will be made to it.
  • Posted on 17 February 18 at 01:32
    Evil Kenivl said:
    I have a question... I dont want to start a "war" now... Just thinking about a Situation...

BUT... Just imagine...

In one year or two... Microsoft decide to shut down this gamepass Programm.
    They earn enough Money by all subscribers that pay monthly.

Everything is gone. All youve pay for is "gone" because you cant download it anymore.

Would that not made you angry!? I mean you are spending a lot Money during this time just to sit there with nothing in your Hands... On the other Hand you could have buy the games you want to Play for the Money thats gone to the monthly subscription.

This is what makes me to not want to subscribe...

Thanks for any answer and i am really interested in what others are thinking about this toast
    (yes i know my english is horribly, sorry for that)
    As a rental service you’re purposely paying less money to get the full experience without actually owning the game. This appeals to me as once I’m done with a game I rarely want to play it again. I don’t want 100’s of physical games. I think it would be cool to have a couple 100 games that I can touch and stack up but realistically to me that’s just taking up space.

The value of gamepass is worth it to me. It’s cheaper paying $10 a month than buying all the games I’ll play that the service currently offers. I will say this isn’t a service I will be paying for every month. I currently only have a couple more games I want to play and then I’ll be done for while until they add some more. Or if I want to play Crackdown 3 day 1 I can finish it in month or two and only pay $10-$20 rather than $60.
  • Evil KenivlEvil Kenivl899,739
    Posted on 17 February 18 at 01:58
    ^ Thx - Well said...

Maybe i am to "Oldschool" in my Point of view laugh
    Gaming since 1990!
  • AKfoy0faceAKfoy0face677,996
    Posted on 17 February 18 at 03:33
    Malazan said:
    I really wish D4 had sold better, it's pretty hilarious!
    yea, it sucks they never finished the game. what a crazy world with lots of wtf moments.
  • AKfoy0faceAKfoy0face677,996
    Posted on 17 February 18 at 03:34
    MVPVincent said:
    Ah shit. Of the games on this list, I want to complete D4, Streets of Rage and Virtua Fighter but with my overloaded schedule, I don't think I'll complete them all in time.
    then complete them it would literally take a few hours
  • GHOST INS1DEGHOST INS1DE926,164
    Posted on 17 February 18 at 05:13
    Visions of Gore said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Visions of Gore said:
    shock wow. The people complaining about this really make me worry that maybe our species is devolving into single cell organisms with no brains.
    Didn’t you know video games rot your brain. wink

It’s no so much that people don’t understand how subscription services work, but that they can’t comprehend how anyone would not have the same view of something as their own. Where one person sees value for money, another person does not.

I love banana milkshakes, but I know people who hate them. Should I make it my life’s work to convince them banana milkshakes are the best, or just accept we all have different tastes and be thankful there are many milkshake flavours to choose between.
    toast You sir, as always, are my fucking hero. (now I'm gonna sit back and wait for someone to miss your point, and call you an idiot for assuming they would drink any milkshake, regardless of flavor)
    Beautifully said - it sadly seems a rare occurrence for someone on the internet to be able to hold two opposing ideas in their mind and contemplate both sides without needing to go on the attack/defensive regarding one's own beliefs.

I tip my hat to you sir!

Side note: Could definitely go a Strawberry Milkshake right now :P
  • ElyohElyoh1,098,074
    Posted on 17 February 18 at 05:30
    Heartagram07 said:
    Blasphemy.
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,402,350
    Posted on 17 February 18 at 07:59
    Heartagram07 said:
    Visions of Gore said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Visions of Gore said:
    shock wow. The people complaining about this really make me worry that maybe our species is devolving into single cell organisms with no brains.
    Didn’t you know video games rot your brain. wink

It’s no so much that people don’t understand how subscription services work, but that they can’t comprehend how anyone would not have the same view of something as their own. Where one person sees value for money, another person does not.

I love banana milkshakes, but I know people who hate them. Should I make it my life’s work to convince them banana milkshakes are the best, or just accept we all have different tastes and be thankful there are many milkshake flavours to choose between.
    toast You sir, as always, are my fucking hero. (now I'm gonna sit back and wait for someone to miss your point, and call you an idiot for assuming they would drink any milkshake, regardless of flavor)
    Beautifully said - it sadly seems a rare occurrence for someone on the internet to be able to hold two opposing ideas in their mind and contemplate both sides without needing to go on the attack/defensive regarding one's own beliefs.

I tip my hat to you sir!

Dude...i find this whole argument offensive against people with lactose intolerance, and vegans...
    Also...dont write "people." Thats offensive too...who are you to assume that i see myself as a person (obviously this post is pointed at ME, and ME only) maybe i see myself as a horse, or a radish...please have that in mind next time you write on the internet.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 February 18 at 08:14
    Saying the word salty doesn't make you King Of The Hill. This is an awful idea, an awful premise and exactly what I'd expect from Microsoft. Salt yourself.
  • Zaro KarosZaro Karos1,683,958
    Posted on 17 February 18 at 10:10
    It's pretty simple tbh, if you don't like renting don't buy the game pass. They made it pretty clear but I guess people can't even read anymore.
  • ElyohElyoh1,098,074
    Posted on 17 February 18 at 10:19
    Zaro Karos said:
    It's pretty simple tbh, if you don't like renting don't buy the game pass. They made it pretty clear but I guess people can't even read anymore.
    Reading is hard, it make my head hurt.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead778,360
    Posted on 17 February 18 at 10:24
    TheMaize said:
    Also...dont write "people." Thats offensive too...who are you to assume that i see myself as a person (obviously this post is pointed at ME, and ME only) maybe i see myself as a horse, or a radish...please have that in mind next time you write on the internet.
    I see you as more of a corn than a radish ;)
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 17 February 18 at 12:50
    Extase4u2 said:
    another reason to stay away from digital. they shoot themselves in the foot with these delistings. both from the store and gamepass. gamepass is only about 6 month old and they're allready delisting... someone at m$ must really love the DEL button on his/her keyboard...
    They said from the very beginning that they were going to remove games and put in new ones. If this is news to you, then you're not paying attention.
  • Posted on 17 February 18 at 14:58, Edited on 17 February 18 at 15:01 by PrestonPreston
    aphexbr said:
    PrestonPreston said:
    xSRYANx said:
    People don't understand anything nowadays eh?
    xSRYANx said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    This is one of the reasons I will never subscribe to Game Pass. That and the fact that it is too much like Netflix - a couple of gems to choose from but mostly old dross that I wouldn't touch with a shitty stick.
    because it rotates titles to keep itself fresh and constantly introduce new while removing old? derp.
    Yes, it seems people like you do not understand. Some of us just prefer to actually own something, rather than owning temporary access to something. What is so difficult to understand?
    What's difficult to understand is why people keep bitching about a rental service not acting like a retail store.

Want to buy instead of rent? Cool, do that. This service isn't aimed at you in any way. Those people who would rather have access to a large game collection for way less than they could get it by buying games will use it.

You're not affected in any way whatsoever by this service operating as it has been stated it will from day one. Why you guys are complaining about it is beyond me.
    Did you read the bit where I didn't complain? That was my first post, and I was just giving my point of view, which I'm sure is shared by many other people who prefer buying things.
    This entire comment thread is basically "If you don't like Game Pass for any reason at all, you are therefore complaining and therefore stupid and should shut up because people should all have the same opinion"
    What a joke of a comment thread this has been! laugh
    "music is my religion" - Jimi Hendrix
  • planting42planting422,094,242
    Posted on 17 February 18 at 15:20, Edited on 17 February 18 at 15:21 by planting42
    Evil Kenivl said:
    I have a question... I dont want to start a "war" now... Just thinking about a Situation...

BUT... Just imagine...

In one year or two... Microsoft decide to shut down this gamepass Programm.
    They earn enough Money by all subscribers that pay monthly.

Everything is gone. All youve pay for is "gone" because you cant download it anymore.

Would that not made you angry!? I mean you are spending a lot Money during this time just to sit there with nothing in your Hands... On the other Hand you could have buy the games you want to Play for the Money thats gone to the monthly subscription.

This is what makes me to not want to subscribe...

Thanks for any answer and i am really interested in what others are thinking about this toast
    (yes i know my english is horribly, sorry for that)
    Simple. All you do is RENT the games. if you don't like it (and I don't) then don't buy into it. Simple.

Phl0am said:
    Saying the word salty doesn't make you King Of The Hill. This is an awful idea, an awful premise and exactly what I'd expect from Microsoft. Salt yourself.
    Not sure what this is about but you've perhaps overlooked that they launched Game Pass a while ago. When they did so they said right up front that games would be removed. If this is news... it shouldn't be.
    https://www.trueachievements.com/event/Winter-Olympics-2018
  • AllusiveZangAllusiveZang197,519
    Posted on 17 February 18 at 15:20
    Guess I need to start playing D4, I downloaded it at least a month ago, but haven't had a chance to play it yet.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 February 18 at 17:09
    The Magic Disappearing Xbox Games Pass! 😂
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads