Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass Dashboard Indicates 12 Titles Will Be Removed in March

• AllgorhythmAllgorhythm652,917
  • NShepherd N7NShepherd N7905,781
    Posted on 17 February 18 at 22:34
    You guys do realize that if you download the games now, you will still be able to play them next month and onwards as long as you continue your Game Pass subscription, right? That's what I did with MGSV. So just download them now and play them whenever you get around to it. There's literally no reason to complain.
  • BobbleheadBobblehead155,587
    Posted on 17 February 18 at 22:51
    Extase4u2 said:
    another reason to stay away from digital. they shoot themselves in the foot with these delistings. both from the store and gamepass. gamepass is only about 6 month old and they're allready delisting... someone at m$ must really love the DEL button on his/her keyboard...
    Already delisting? They said they were gonna start removing games back in November. I think we've been pretty fortunate. Netflix removes shows and movies all the time. This is nothing new.
  • BobbleheadBobblehead155,587
    Posted on 17 February 18 at 22:56
    NShepherd N7 said:
    You guys do realize that if you download the games now, you will still be able to play them next month and onwards as long as you continue your Game Pass subscription, right? That's what I did with MGSV. So just download them now and play them whenever you get around to it. There's literally no reason to complain.
    And I don't think this is true. I've got MGSV downloaded and my pass is in good standing but it won't let me play it.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,665,109
    Posted on 17 February 18 at 23:20, Edited on 17 February 18 at 23:21 by Ahayzo
    NShepherd N7 said:
    If you can still play MGSV after it was dropped then you have access to it from something else. Game Pass does not give you a license to any games that are not currently part of the program, and it never has.

planting42 said:
    Phl0am said:
    Saying the word salty doesn't make you King Of The Hill. This is an awful idea, an awful premise and exactly what I'd expect from Microsoft. Salt yourself.
    Not sure what this is about but you've perhaps overlooked that they launched Game Pass a while ago. When they did so they said right up front that games would be removed. If this is news... it shouldn't be.
    To be fair, he did say it's exactly what he'd expect from Microsoft. It's what we all expect from Microsoft laugh - because they literally told us from before the start that they'd do this. It's almost like you get surprised less often if you actually pay attention to things.
    #mentallypudding
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm652,917
    Posted on 17 February 18 at 23:54
    NShepherd N7 said:
    My point is that when Monster Boy And The Cursed Kingdom is released later this year that it will be good marketing to have it on Game Pass. It is for the people who have not yet developed an interest in the game but will do so with the pre-release publicity. As you say, people who are already interested in the game can download it and have it in their library.
  • KnoellKnoell475,097
    Posted on 18 February 18 at 05:52
    Evil Kenivl said:
    I have a question... I dont want to start a "war" now... Just thinking about a Situation...

BUT... Just imagine...

In one year or two... Microsoft decide to shut down this gamepass Programm.
    They earn enough Money by all subscribers that pay monthly.

Everything is gone. All youve pay for is "gone" because you cant download it anymore.

Would that not made you angry!? I mean you are spending a lot Money during this time just to sit there with nothing in your Hands... On the other Hand you could have buy the games you want to Play for the Money thats gone to the monthly subscription.

This is what makes me to not want to subscribe...

Thanks for any answer and i am really interested in what others are thinking about this toast
    (yes i know my english is horribly, sorry for that)
    No, because I know that it is a monthly service to play a selection of games they are offering.

Similarly I have paid over $1000 over the last 10 years for Netflix. Content has been removed. Content has been added. If they shut down the service one day, I will not "lose out" on anything because I would no longer be paying the monthly subscription fee for the service.
  • KnoellKnoell475,097
    Posted on 18 February 18 at 06:04
    PrestonPreston said:
    Did you read the bit where I didn't complain? That was my first post, and I was just giving my point of view, which I'm sure is shared by many other people who prefer buying things.
    This entire comment thread is basically "If you don't like Game Pass for any reason at all, you are therefore complaining and therefore stupid and should shut up because people should all have the same opinion"
    What a joke of a comment thread this has been! laugh
    I don't think anyone cares that you like game pass or don't. There are a lot of invalid opinions floating around about it though, and that is what people are arguing against. I think I have seen quite a few "And that's cool, Game Pass isn't for you and your situation then, but here is why it is right for me" in this thread.

How can an opinion be invalid? Here are some examples:

"This is why digital games are awful and will be the end of gaming"
    Seriously?

"One day they will shut down Game Pass, and I will have paid for nothing."
    Not true.
  • Posted on 18 February 18 at 08:08
    I am ok with games leaving, I just wish they would give atleast a 30 day notice. 14 days is not enough

Like why couldn’t they announce this at the beginning of the month, like they did with new games coming to game pass?!? I’m sure they already knew by that time that these games are going to be removed.
  • Posted on 18 February 18 at 10:27
    Yeah this is what I said several pages back. Its expected they will remove stuff but people should be given at least 30 days notice. Not all of us can put a weekend or two aside to finish things.

Ideally it would be great if we are told when games are added how long they are scheduled to be part of the program (where possible).
  • Evil KenivlEvil Kenivl899,748
    Posted on 18 February 18 at 13:20
    Knoell said:
    Evil Kenivl said:
    I have a question... I dont want to start a "war" now... Just thinking about a Situation...

BUT... Just imagine...

In one year or two... Microsoft decide to shut down this gamepass Programm.
    They earn enough Money by all subscribers that pay monthly.

Everything is gone. All youve pay for is "gone" because you cant download it anymore.

Would that not made you angry!? I mean you are spending a lot Money during this time just to sit there with nothing in your Hands... On the other Hand you could have buy the games you want to Play for the Money thats gone to the monthly subscription.

This is what makes me to not want to subscribe...

Thanks for any answer and i am really interested in what others are thinking about this toast
    (yes i know my english is horribly, sorry for that)
    No, because I know that it is a monthly service to play a selection of games they are offering.

Similarly I have paid over $1000 over the last 10 years for Netflix. Content has been removed. Content has been added. If they shut down the service one day, I will not "lose out" on anything because I would no longer be paying the monthly subscription fee for the service.
    Its totally ok if this Service is attractive to you and others.

I still would prefer to buy me lots of DVDs for the 1000 bucks and have a nice Collection then...
    I mean nobody Forces you to buy games or movies day one... Wait a few weeks for a Price drop and save some Money. And you have less to worry about... Like delistings or removes or limited time for using it.

Everyone should do what he/she wants but i am still sceptical and just try to find out pros and contras.
    Thanks for your answer toast
    Gaming since 1990!
  • MortaigneMortaigne417,100
    Posted on 18 February 18 at 15:26
    I think my only complaint is that they only gave two weeks notice on the games leaving. That's not enough time. In this case there was only one shortish game I was interested in picking up and finish but had there been several it would have sucked.

MS should give a month notice at least.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 18 February 18 at 16:00
    Keep paying for achievements and weak game passes while the rest of us play for fun toast
  • Rich swv1Rich swv1899,069
    Posted on 18 February 18 at 17:04
    Got D4 when it was on GWG and the rest I'm not to fussed about.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo328,123
    Posted on 18 February 18 at 18:43
    The reason I don't buy the Games Pass. It would be great if I had a ton of free time and could complete one game after another, but definitely don't have that kind of time.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • Sean M NBSean M NB164,752
    Posted on 18 February 18 at 20:34
    Darkroder92 said:
    Whats the point of the game pass i thought they will be forever but it turned to be a couple of months then gets removed what a waste of money
    The point is to give you access to lots of games for a small price. It's just like Netflix. You pay your subscription and get access to tons of movies and TV shows. From time to time Netflix removes titles. Microsoft said from the start that this was the model they were going with. Yeah, it's kinda short notice but I can see them adjusting going forward if the backlash is big enough.
  • DeviSlatorDeviSlator529,503
    Posted on 20 February 18 at 16:44
    Came here for a news article about D4, shouldn't have got my hopes up for a sequal facepalm
  • bamozzybamozzy114,349
    Posted on 23 February 18 at 22:24
    WOW - So MANY people who never bothered to read what Game Pass was or how it will operate. The Games were NEVER meant to be permanently on offer and basically operate like GWG where the game is yours for the duration of your subscription - which could be years and years. It clearly stated that games would be rotated out and that whilst they are in 'game pass' but that they will leave and those that will leave will be available at 20% discount for 30days after if you wish to keep playing. What's the point in selling the games with a discount if you never actually need to buy because you are permanently renting?

I bet games like Sea of Thieves won't be on Game Pass for long. MS will want to get people hooked, get people playing the game and then remove it so that you have to buy it to keep your Pirate and playing with your Crew. Why else would they risk losing all those sales for a very small monthly cost. I say small because compared to the price of buying the new games - like Sea of Thieves, State of Decay, Crackdown 3, Forza Horizon 4 etc, its a small cost.

The reason they can add these on day 1 is because they know that they can get you hooked and then remove it and sell it to you. Its a 'rental' service where you will have to 'return' the game at some point and if you want to keep playing, you will have to buy.

The reason its taken a fair few months for games to start dropping out is because they no doubt wanted to build up a reasonable library. Now they are up to number they want, they can start swapping them out. If people don't want to have unfinished games or to buy them, then they will need to ensure they finish them before they do get swapped out.

If anyone isn't aware of what 'Game Pass' is, how it works etc, I suggest they read the terms and conditions, the FAQ's etc. If that doesn't appeal to you then go back to buying your games. Its your own fault if you subscribed to a service without reading what that service was offering, how it operates etc!
  • TVippyTVippy29,633
    Posted on 23 February 18 at 23:08
    D4 is published by MS... why would they remove their own title?
    I don't play games very often. :( If you have a close GamerScore, add me! We'll compete. :)
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,567,910
    Posted on 23 February 18 at 23:13, Edited on 23 February 18 at 23:14 by xPut Name Herex
    Microsoft may have published the title, but I don't think they own the rights to it. It's technically second-party which means it can be difficult to ascertain just how the contract is written. I would imagine the contract for D4 is similar to the one for Ryse, where Microsoft is just the publisher but does not own the rights to the franchise, which remains with Crytek.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads