Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Rock Band Rivals Update Is Coming Soon

AuthorMessage
SkydivingFalcon
Posted on 19 February 18 at 01:26
I’m a friend of a friend, but you don’t know me

Please click here to read the story: Rock Band Rivals Update Is Coming Soon
CanadianWhizKid
Posted on 19 February 18 at 01:33
I bought RB4 when it came out, definitely lacking a lot compared to RB3. Then they expect us to dish out more money for features that should have been there day one as part of the base game?

And only now they are bringing online co-op? I’m surprised this game still has any support left! F you HMX.
MH The Rockstar
Posted on 19 February 18 at 01:38
I guess this is good news. At this point I don't think it matters to people anymore - RB4 is so far from ever reaching the quality of RB3. The inability to play online at release, the lack of character customization and the fact that I am still waiting for certain songs to get imported are just a few of the reasons why this game is a disappointment to me.
Ha ha, charade you are!
Lord MuffinHead
Posted on 19 February 18 at 01:56
does this mean that any band achievements can be done online? that's the only thing stopping me from playing it at the moment.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 19 February 18 at 02:18
CanadianWhizKid said:
I bought RB4 when it came out, definitely lacking a lot compared to RB3. Then they expect us to dish out more money for features that should have been there day one as part of the base game?

And only now they are bringing online co-op? I’m surprised this game still has any support left! F you HMX.
The game had a shoestring budget, sure, but there was no excuse for the game being released in the state it was. It was clearly rushed to launch because Guitar Hero Live was announced for release within the same year and they couldn't bear to have the competition go unopposed.

Full disclosure, it has been almost TWO AND A HALF YEARS since release and just now have they held up their end of the bargain of having all previous purchased, now delisted DLC available (barring the exception of the songs in the "30 song mega pack" for some reason). Support for GH Live may have withered and died, but at least it was a complete product.

People shit on EA all the time but they certainly kept Harmonix in line.
finallife6
finallife6
Posted on 19 February 18 at 02:49
2 and a half years for online multiplayer, that is still locked behind a 30$ expansion and its still not available to everyone good job Harmonix applaud yourselves, I own hundreds of DLC songs and have only bought one song in the last three years I bought Rivals and that was complete garbage, this company is so bad its hilarious but the hardcore RB fans will still defend them.

Difference is that I stopped, I was very nice to them then I bought the game and stopped defending their shady business practices, especially with the whole PC version on fig controversy.
finallife6
finallife6
Posted on 19 February 18 at 02:55
CanadianWhizKid said:

Rivals is awful in every way as well, its main mode Rivals is just playing songs in quickplay and getting points on a leaderboard that a very small number of people care about because I was in the top of the leaderboards on the weeks I was grinding through the achievements, and the Rockudrama is just a cringefest it is so bad and not funny but just keeps going on and on for maybe 3 hours, and you get some songs and online multiplayer that we included in our last three games for free and at launch.

30$ please!
SwordofWhedon
SwordofWhedon
Posted on 19 February 18 at 03:12
EA didn’t “keep Harmonix in line” Harmonix had MTV’s checkbook. They no longer do
CanadianWhizKid
Posted on 19 February 18 at 04:21
Lord MuffinHead said:
does this mean that any band achievements can be done online? that's the only thing stopping me from playing it at the moment.
I’ve played some pretty bad games on my tag, but I play RB4 on an alt tag because there is no way I’m putting it on my main one. Definitely says something to how awful it truly is.
Ganon255
Ganon255
Posted on 19 February 18 at 05:53
I thought Rock Band 2 was the best. I bought 4 because I love the series and to import my very large library. I'm probably due for a fresh set of instruments and another run.
Praise the Sun!
XbAndy360
XbAndy360
Posted on 19 February 18 at 07:04
Finally! Better late than never ;)
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 19 February 18 at 08:54
This is the update!!!!!!

I think we can finally say Beta Band 4 is now Rock Band 4!!!

Now, right now is the time to buy the full Rock Band Rivals (not Rock Band 4 standalone as you'll still be buying Beta Band 4)

This game (though Rock Band 3 probably still has more content I'd have to sit and compare) was trash when it launched and I could tell just by the news articles alone

2 of my friends paid full price at launch and I just felt sorry for them. My friend still won't upgrade to rivals because he feels so burned. He just waits for me to come over with the full version.

Now if you bought Rock Band Rivals already as the full band set that's okay because you already had an almost finished version of the game.

I'm really really really sorry to those that bought game at launch. It's not right how Harmonix treated you so poorly with a game not even close to being better than Rock Band 3.... Couldn't even touch Rock Band 2 for that matter..... And yes, Rock band 1 though primitive in today's standards still held up better.

Beta Band 4 should have never happened.

Mad Catz suffered pretty bad for those earlier instruments too. Look it up. I believe the Rival instruments are PDP.

With Rivals you'll get a lame campaign called Rockudrama, a bunch of extra songs you probably won't like, also there has been some new DLC recently that's free for Rivals owners that....you'll probably not like....

But if you still have all your old DLC you'll at least be able to enjoy this game properly at this point in time.

Rock Band 4 had pretty much reached completion here in 2018.

I can honestly say I now... Recommend the game.
Ravenous IE
Ravenous IE
Posted on 19 February 18 at 11:57
I enjoyed Rock Band 4. Picked up the Rivals DLC for €8 on a previous sale. I honestly never knew there was no online co-op as i only play with my friend wih a few beers. :D
Cower Before me
Posted on 19 February 18 at 14:25
Finally, at this point it's probably already to late. Hopefully they decide to add achievements or I likely won't bother coming back to play.
Groudon199
Groudon199
Posted on 19 February 18 at 14:36
CanadianWhizKid said:

Ravenous IE said:
I enjoyed Rock Band 4. Picked up the Rivals DLC for €8 on a previous sale. I honestly never knew there was no online co-op as i only play with my friend wih a few beers. :D
Online co-op has been included with Rivals since last January. It just lacked any sort of matchmaking system, which this update is adding.
dlCHIEF58
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 19 February 18 at 15:34
Groudon199 said:
CanadianWhizKid said:

Ravenous IE said:
Online co-op has been included with Rivals since last January. It just lacked any sort of matchmaking system, which this update is adding.
LOL, that was barely online co-op. It was limited to friends only, had to be a full band and additional local players were not allowed online - only one person per console. It lacked a whole lot more then just matchmaking and was an insult to anyone who paid for Rivals expecting real (much less improved) multiplayer in the game.
Sam Pardon
Sam Pardon
Posted on 19 February 18 at 15:54
People were hating on Activision for milking the Guitar Hero franchise and praising Harmonix for their Rock Band series. While Guitar Hero tried something new, Rock Band couldn't even succeed in making a Rock Band 3 copy for the One, how ridiculous.

I have played every single Guitar Hero & Rock Band game that ever came out on Xbox and on every game I hear bla bla bla, Guitar Hero is a cash grab and Rock Band is where the passioned developers are. Even though I largely quit playing Xbox, I still bought RB4 on day one only to find out WTF Harmonix made to transition to the new Xbox One platform.

I made it my personal mission to never buy anything Harmonix related at full price anymore. Behind their fanbase that I was a part off only lies a business model that is far worse that what ever happened during the life of Guitar Hero and all it's spin offs.
Groudon199
Groudon199
Posted on 19 February 18 at 16:08
dlCHIEF58 said:
Groudon199 said:
CanadianWhizKid said:

Ravenous IE said:
LOL, that was barely online co-op. It was limited to friends only, had to be a full band and additional local players were not allowed online - only one person per console. It lacked a whole lot more then just matchmaking and was an insult to anyone who paid for Rivals expecting real (much less improved) multiplayer in the game.
You could use the Xbox One's Looking for Group feature to play with random people, assuming anyone happened to be looking there. It was a pain, but an okay workaround. Also, it did not have to be a full band. Most of my online sessions had only 3 players.
dlCHIEF58
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 19 February 18 at 16:23
Groudon199 said:
dlCHIEF58 said:
Groudon199 said:
CanadianWhizKid said:

Ravenous IE said:
You could use the Xbox One's Looking for Group feature to play with random people, assuming anyone happened to be looking there. It was a pain, but an okay workaround. Also, it did not have to be a full band. Most of my online sessions had only 3 players.
Well thanks for the clarification on how many band members could play, I could have sworn they said it had to be a full band. Looking For Group is hardly a good solution, as you still have to add them as friends before you could play with them - a pain and workaround that should not have existed as this was far from their first time doing multiplayer in a game (making it all the more inexcusable that it was left out of launch, much less locked behind a further paywall from early supporters and bare bones as hell when it finally was introduced).
FLAWLESS CHA0S
Posted on 19 February 18 at 17:02
Some Important news for anyone who still plays RB3 that may want more songs for the game before it's too late....they are closing the Rock Band music store for legacy versions of the series sometime this month which was announced Feb 2/2018. I just bought a ton of songs myself yesterday (Feb 18/2018) so act ASAP if you want to expand your library or have songs in mind still. This Does NOT affect RB4 in anyway. Songs you buy that is compatible with RB4 will transfer over but there are a massive amount of songs that are "Rock Band Network" (about 50%) songs that have been confirmed will Never be added in RB4. I magine there will be non-Rock Band Network songs that will be excluded from RB4 also but who knows how much will be brought over. Don't miss out if are someone who wants to expand your RB3 library.
Source: http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/234236/rock-band-...
FLAWLESS CHA0S
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.