Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

NORTH Achievement List Revealed

AuthorMessage
TrueAchievement
Posted on 19 February 18 at 16:34
10 achievements for 1,000 Gamerscore

Please click here to read the story: NORTH Achievement List Revealed
Vaporeon97
Vaporeon97
Posted on 19 February 18 at 18:08
These achievements sounds like a short completion headspin
Conor x420a
Conor x420a
Posted on 19 February 18 at 18:40
I’m gonna take a wild guess and say walking simulator?
CJN x420a
Octobot Super
Octobot Super
Posted on 19 February 18 at 20:38
One of these days it going to actually be a mountaineering sim. I still have hope.
Anand32
Anand32
Posted on 19 February 18 at 22:37
Octobot Super said:
One of these days it going to actually be a mountaineering sim. I still have hope.
I would totally and wholeheartedly support a mountaineering simulator.
BStringbean
BStringbean
Posted on 20 February 18 at 02:39
Anand32 said:
I would totally and wholeheartedly support a mountaineering simulator.
There is an Oculus VR exclusive called The Climb that is a mountaineering sim. Probably won't make it to Xbox, though :(
NoHeroes94
NoHeroes94
Posted on 20 February 18 at 03:16
Asked about the game on PSNprofiles forum, and the answer from someone else was this

"
http://store.steampowered.com/app/461890/NORTH/
http://www.outlands-games.com/

This game is a 20-40 minute adventure game / walking simulator. Looking at the screenshots I almost expected it to be another game from the developers of Kairo, but that turns out to not be the case. The developers, Outlands, have made a handful of games previously, but as far as I can tell North is the first of theirs to be put up for sale outside of itch.io. In fact, just like their other games, this one is available for free through their website. The game's publisher, Sometimes You, is the one that's already published games like Spiral Splatter, It's Spring Again, and Energy Cycle on PS4 and Vita, so considering that I'm surprised North doesn't have a Platinum."
NoHeroes94
NoHeroes94
Posted on 20 February 18 at 03:19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNFkcPkuyH8 gameplay
adamrulz
adamrulz
Posted on 20 February 18 at 05:31
Same people that did “Energy Cycle”? Should be fast and easy, though any puzzle game is “easy” once a guide drops... energy cycle would not have been an easy completion, had no one made a guide. Same with Cubot: Complexity of Simplicity. (So think that’s right). If it is just a 30-40 minute completion, walking sim... you don’t even have time for character development or anything else. Guess we will wait to see the price and how long it actually takes. I’m thinking I’ll grab it on sale, depending on where it lands.
Anand32
Anand32
Posted on 20 February 18 at 14:04
adamrulz said:
Same people that did “Energy Cycle”? Should be fast and easy, though any puzzle game is “easy” once a guide drops... energy cycle would not have been an easy completion, had no one made a guide. Same with Cubot: Complexity of Simplicity. (So think that’s right). If it is just a 30-40 minute completion, walking sim... you don’t even have time for character development or anything else. Guess we will wait to see the price and how long it actually takes. I’m thinking I’ll grab it on sale, depending on where it lands.
The price is showing up as 4.99
NoHeroes94
NoHeroes94
Posted on 20 February 18 at 15:20
adamrulz said:
I think it was published by them, made by someone else.
Sangriaz
Sangriaz
Posted on 28 February 18 at 07:12
Yeah "Sometimes You" is a publisher. Developer is another company. Although, so far, all of the games published by "Sometimes You" are easy.
- Energy Cycle: 15 minutes
- Save the Ninja Clan: 3-4 hours
- North: 20 minutes
- One Eyed Kutkh: 30 minutes

Whether this is intentional to get some easy money from those who like getting gamerscore, or coincidence, I'm not sure, but I'm not complaining.
Falensarano
Falensarano
Posted on 12 March 18 at 08:11
Sangriaz said:
Whether this is intentional to get some easy money from those who like getting gamerscore, or coincidence, I'm not sure, but I'm not complaining.
I doubt this is the case. According to something I read earlier, achievement/trophy hunters make up around 4% of the community. So unless these games are really cheap to make, the easy gamerscore factor is not a selling point to a large audience which doesn't indicate they are looking at an easy money option.

Still, like you say, I'm not complaining about easy score and the price is okay for a short game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.