Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: January 10th, 2012

• Posted on 10 January 12 at 19:20
    Orcs must die is so good I would recommend it to anyone. I already have tower defence so it's just south park for me then. I wish the DLC was on sale for these titles too Tower defence has quite a lot for an arcade title
  • Tandar1Tandar12,002,366
    Posted on 10 January 12 at 19:20
    Awesome, back to really good DOTW's!!! I'm excited to get home and buy Orcs and Dungeon Defenders!
  • NeoStrayCatNeoStrayCat291,248
    Posted on 10 January 12 at 19:21
    Hedfix said:
    Why does this info take so long to be featured in an article? These deals are normally on the dashboard by 14:00 GMT.
    Not everyone wakes up at the same time to make an aritcle...
    I've Come to Deliver some Bad Luck!
  • PixelJanoszPixelJanosz172,457
    Posted on 10 January 12 at 19:21
    Uh, Orcs. Totally getting that, I like killing Orcs. And Tower Defense.
    Nice pencil. Blue pencil. I like blue pencil. It's so blue.
  • DaKensterDaKenster107,719
    Posted on 10 January 12 at 19:25
    I still say Defense Grid is by far the best tower defense game on Xbox Live.

Will have to check out Orcs and replay Dungeon Defenders to see if I like it enough for that price.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 January 12 at 19:29, Edited on 10 January 12 at 19:30 by
    NeoStrayCat said:
    Hedfix said:
    Why does this info take so long to be featured in an article? These deals are normally on the dashboard by 14:00 GMT.
    Indeed, so rather than lagging behind other sites why not give the responsibility for such articles to someone who is up when the information first arises?
  • Posted on 10 January 12 at 19:34
    My friends are obsessed with Dungeon Defenders. Might have to nab it.
    Used to play Halo 3 like a Pro. Grew up, now I'm playing other games! #latetotheparty
  • fdhrecordsfdhrecords128,242
    Posted on 10 January 12 at 19:35
    Damn I just bought Defense Grid this weekend.
  • Amun Ra 7000Amun Ra 7000127,401
    Posted on 10 January 12 at 19:44
    I would have got Dungeon Defenders, if I had the time :(
    Amun
  • A KING 84A KING 84388,360
    Posted on 10 January 12 at 19:47
    Hedfix said:
    NeoStrayCat said:
    Hedfix said:
    Indeed, so rather than lagging behind other sites why not give the responsibility for such articles to someone who is up when the information first arises?
    You should sign up.the deal lasts for a week, impatient much? And this week is a good week. Keep it up ms
    King
  • Posted on 10 January 12 at 19:51
    Be advised that Defense grid is good but still extremely buggy
  • Posted on 10 January 12 at 19:52
    Hedfix said:
    NeoStrayCat said:
    Hedfix said:
    Or you could just search for yourself and let this thread be...since xbldb.com catches most of them early and you already have the info then...does it really matter when this article goes online here?
  • Weiderman316Weiderman316163,743
    Posted on 10 January 12 at 19:59
    YESSSSSSS!!!! Been waiting for Orcs to go on sale! May try Dungeon Defenders as well
  • Posted on 10 January 12 at 20:00
    Gam3r xUSAx said:
    The base game worked fine for me, but the "You Monster" DLC seems to be really glitchy.
  • Posted on 10 January 12 at 20:01
    Picking up Dungeon Defenders as soon as I get home! That price is a steal.
    Does this smell like chloroform to you?
  • Posted on 10 January 12 at 20:12
    Yes!! I have finally waited for a better DotW! Already have Defense Grid, so I'm up with Orcs Must Die, Dungeon Defenders (!), and of course, South Park. :D
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 January 12 at 20:15
    AntaraelDulacre said:
    Hedfix said:
    NeoStrayCat said:
    Hedfix said:
    Or you could just search for yourself and let this thread be...since xbldb.com catches most of them early and you already have the info then...does it really matter when this article goes online here?
    Because I can just check the dash. I'm sill making the point that this information should go up earlier than it does, the site depends on ad revenue to some degree so making sure you get your site hits as high as you can (ie getting time sensitive information out ASAP) helps.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 January 12 at 20:18, Edited on 10 January 12 at 20:18 by
    A King 84 said:
    Hedfix said:
    NeoStrayCat said:
    Hedfix said:
    You should sign up.the deal lasts for a week, impatient much? And this week is a good week. Keep it up ms
    I applied previously and when they asked if there was anyhing I'd improve the one thing I did indeed mention was the need to get the deals information out fast to get site traffic.
  • DuwenDuwen103,406
    Posted on 10 January 12 at 20:19, Edited on 10 January 12 at 20:23 by Duwen
    DaKenster said:
    I still say Defense Grid is by far the best tower defense game on Xbox Live.
    ^ this... plus the latest DLC is a must - GLaDos is a bitch! wink

I might get Orcs Must Die after I've had a go on the trial. Wasn't too struck by Dungeon Defenders, and I already have South Park (and still need to finish it).

Dog of Thunder said:
    Gam3r xUSAx said:
    The base game worked fine for me, but the "You Monster" DLC seems to be really glitchy.
    I found it became more stable after re-downloading all the Resurgence maps - that said, it still crashed on me last night... but at least it loads fairly reliably now - prior to re-downloading the dlc my xbox would crash 4 out of 5 times I tried to load the game!
  • JonC1971JonC1971115,500
    Posted on 10 January 12 at 20:42
    Cool. I just bought Orcs Must Die. I think Defense Grid is an amazingly addictive game. For 400 MSP, it's a steal.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.