Game Discussion: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (Win 10) Forum

Achievements not unlocking?

AuthorMessage
Jan Dercon
Jan Dercon
Posted on 20 February 18 at 11:28, Edited on 17 April 18 at 08:11 by Jan Dercon
I tried to gain some achievements last night (was able to launch at 2seconds after the game was available clap smile)

but been playing a few games, after some sleep played a few more, but still not a single achievement unlocked (tried converting with egyptian priests, winning a random map, even did a wonder victory with only villagers trained, so no archery & cavalry achievements should unlock)

anyone know what i might be doing wrong?

EDIT

DeepFreeZz95 said:
I actually found a solution, at least for me, on a Gears of War forum.

"(...)
So what I did was hit Windows Key + R > Type: services.msc > find Connected User Experiences and Telemetry > changed startup type: Automatic > restarted the computer and launched Gears and achievements unlocked! Tried the Prison Break and active reload achievements and they unlocked. That was the problem! (...)"

Worked for me! Hopefully it helps you too!

Side note: I had to finish the last mission of the Egyptian campagin again to unlock the corresponding achievement.
Used this solution, but after a time achievements stopped tracking again.. So if you have trouble, stop that service, restart the service and launch the game, afterwards achievements should be working again.
Osseblok
Osseblok
Posted on 22 February 18 at 01:04
Have you made sure that you are logged into the game? This should be visible by seeing a green button with your gamertag as top button in the 'main menu'... Try clicking on that to view your profile from within AOE, it should open a "popup" of your Xbox Live profile.
xXCr4nK1o4oXx
xXCr4nK1o4oXx
Posted on 22 February 18 at 07:42
I got my retrospective from the story today. Sorry for my English (Bing translator)
Jan Dercon
Jan Dercon
Posted on 22 February 18 at 10:58
Was signed in, tried clicking it, saw my profile pop-up, tried some other buttons, tried launching it trough the Win10 xbox app (which i'm signed in to, otherwise I couldn't use the streaming)
GsA Dragonheart
Posted on 23 February 18 at 18:09
Jan Dercon said:
Was signed in, tried clicking it, saw my profile pop-up, tried some other buttons, tried launching it trough the Win10 xbox app (which i'm signed in to, otherwise I couldn't use the streaming)
Go to the xbox app then go to settings and test your network. If it has no issues then you will need to go to app settings find age of empires and delete your save game. after that is done start the game back up
Dewald
Dewald
Posted on 24 February 18 at 02:40
Same for me here, profile is definitely signed in, but nothing is popping.
Jan Dercon
Jan Dercon
Posted on 24 February 18 at 11:43
time for another try…

Opened trough the Xbox App (And I'm definately online cause I can stream my X1 to pc, needing me to be signed in on pc and X1 with same profile)

Waited long enough for the multiplayer button to light up, opened the achievements list and profile...

played a random single battle (old style graphics) and still no achievements :( will try reinstalling the game (statistics not showing any playtime)
Dewald
Dewald
Posted on 25 February 18 at 03:55
I've just spent forever redownloading it again, still no dice with achievements. Running through the Xbox App, profile is signed in, no stats recorded, and no achievements popping. Super disappointing.
HellCreeper666
Posted on 25 February 18 at 07:29
Looks like Feet on the ground is glitched for me.
"Captain HellCreeper!!! No... just HellCreeper."
DeepFreeZz95
DeepFreeZz95
Posted on 25 February 18 at 12:52, Edited on 25 February 18 at 12:57 by DeepFreeZz95

"(...) Turns out the source and cause of the problem at least for me and I am also assuming poopfiesta420 (read his post above what he did) was a disabled service within Windows. More specifically, it was a service called "Connected User Experiences and Telemetry" formerly also known as "DiagTrack".

So what I did was hit Windows Key + R > Type: services.msc > find Connected User Experiences and Telemetry > changed startup type: Automatic > restarted the computer and launched Gears and achievements unlocked! Tried the Prison Break and active reload achievements and they unlocked. That was the problem! (...)"

Side note: I had to finish the last mission of the Egyptian campagin again to unlock the corresponding achievement.
Agnt Washintub
Posted on 25 February 18 at 17:14
DeepFreeZz95 said:

"(...) Turns out the source and cause of the problem at least for me and I am also assuming poopfiesta420 (read his post above what he did) was a disabled service within Windows. More specifically, it was a service called "Connected User Experiences and Telemetry" formerly also known as "DiagTrack".

Side note: I had to finish the last mission of the Egyptian campagin again to unlock the corresponding achieentvem.
Can confirm this works.

Side note: When I went into the services menu, my Connected User Experiences and Telemetry was already on Automatic, I clicked it and pressed Restart on it, then shut the programme. Also had to play the last mission again to get it to pop.

Thanks!!
Jan Dercon
Jan Dercon
Posted on 25 February 18 at 23:14
Will try a full pc restart then as well (before only the 'shut-down' / 'power on' keep forgetting they changed that compared to full restart since win8)

but the strange thing is that for 'god of light' windows version achievements DO unlock on pc cry
Jan Dercon
Jan Dercon
Posted on 25 February 18 at 23:52
Reinstalled the game
Stopped this service
Restarted this service
Did a PC RESTART

loaded a savegame and finished it..

Any, some or all of the above did the trick.

Thanks for all the help !!!!!!
Dewald
Dewald
Posted on 26 February 18 at 01:11, Edited on 26 February 18 at 07:59 by Dewald
Interesting! Thanks for the info, i'll try the same later tonight.
By the way, which service are you talking about when you say stopped "this service"?
Edit: Didn't see the other posts above :)

Edit again:
BOom! Did it! So similarly, the service was already on Automatic for myself when i checked. Stopping and starting, restarting, changing modes - nothing worked.
So i did a stop, start, change mode to manual and back to automatic, computer restart, and then when i opened the Xbox App i got 7 AoE achievements unlocked. As well as 2 achievements from a different game i didn't realise i've actually met the requirements for :P

Thanks for the help!
Lord Midas
Lord Midas
Posted on 27 February 18 at 17:04, Edited on 27 February 18 at 17:05 by Lord Midas
On a similar but different note, I played a bunch of Gears 4 on PC, and didn't notice chvs popping due to being too busy slaughtering fiends from the underworld (this was back in November probably).
Then in January (possibly) I fired up Gears 4 on Xbox and about 8 chvs popped one after another.

I'm currently installing AOE:DE so will keep an eye open for chvs popping. If I notice an issue then I'll try the above tips. And I'll report back.
MikeProcurator
Posted on 04 March 18 at 16:15
how do you delete saved games?
Jan Dercon
Jan Dercon
Posted on 04 March 18 at 20:58
Launch the game

=> Single Player
=> Saved Games
=> Select a game you want to delete
=> Use the delte button on the bottom of the screen

Repeat as needed.
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 07 March 18 at 00:54
It happened to me as well but the achievement retrospectively unlocked about an hour later.

I always have issues with Win10 achievements unlocking late on my laptop. What I do now is to turn on my Xbox One whenever I play games on the laptop. Whenever an achievement is unlocked on Win10, it pops on Xbox One immediately, even though it doesn't unlock on the laptop. At least this way, I know I'm not screwed.
Ethake
Ethake
Posted on 30 March 18 at 22:38
I have done every single solution mentioned here and I'm still not unlocking any more Achievements. Oh well, guess I'll just hope for a patch or whatever.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.