Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine DLC Delayed

AuthorMessage
Matrarch
Matrarch
Posted on 26 October 11 at 07:47
Hopefully the pain will be eased by this video

Please click here to read the story: Warhammer 40K: Space Marine DLC Delayed
VIOLENTAEGLAECA
Posted on 26 October 11 at 08:13
I was sat waiting for this all night. Not amused.
Hirsute Dave
Hirsute Dave
Posted on 26 October 11 at 08:36
Ditto - was looking forward to some co-op Ork stomping.
AngeluzsX
AngeluzsX
Posted on 26 October 11 at 08:46
To be honest, I'm much disappointed by THQ and Relic...
anomalystic777
Posted on 26 October 11 at 08:46
Knew this was going to happen
deuceSVT
deuceSVT
Posted on 26 October 11 at 09:02
yeah, i actually took time away from bf3 and kept checking. i r sad

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 26 October 11 at 10:32
THQ are dogshit cowboys, they been banging on about this for ages and fuck it up?

Really it should have been in the game to start with, why wouldnt it have co op play included already? i bet they just rushed the main game out unfinished so that it would be out 2 weeks before Gears of war 3 to try and shift a decent amount of copies as no one would buy it when gears 3 was available.
They probably didnt want another flop game that they seem to be good at making.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 26 October 11 at 10:34
And im sick of looking for the DLC on the dash when its full of crappy films MS want me to download for 4-5 times the price i can go to a shop and buy a DVD for

im getting ANGRY
The Spuge
The Spuge
Posted on 26 October 11 at 11:11
This was posted on offical Space Marine forums by THQSledgehammer:

"We have zero control on when and where PSN & Xbox Live release the update. It looks like PSN started to push the update to their servers yesterday at 7:00pm PST. I am honestly surprised the Xbox version hasn't been pushed yet as they normally release between 2:00am-6:00am PST. They should be pushing it live any moment now. The PC version is slated for 10:01pm PST as that is when Steam releases new content."

It seems that Microsoft already has the dlc, but they haven't released it for somereason.
Real life is just a crappy game.
AngeluzsX
AngeluzsX
Posted on 26 October 11 at 11:18
@The Spuge

Thanks for the info, mate! At least now we know its not THQ & Relic to blame about delay but good ol' MS =D
CillieBillie
CillieBillie
Posted on 26 October 11 at 12:47
Anyone else notice the Legion of the Damned armour pack at 11 seconds. This a new unlockable?
The Spuge
The Spuge
Posted on 26 October 11 at 13:46
THQSledgehammer:

"Prior to the release of the Xbox 360 version of the Exterminatus DLC it came to our attention that there was a connectivity issue that needed to be fixed. We have taken the difficult decision to delay the title update and DLC release to repair this issue and ensure that the mode is functioning as intended when we release it. We will share a projected live date for this content on the Space Marine community site as soon as possible."

Source: http://www.spacemarine.com/forums/topic/8268

It seems that there is now bigger problems than Microsoft being lazy.
Real life is just a crappy game.
hawk syn
hawk syn
Posted on 26 October 11 at 14:00
In the words of Ron simmons.............DAMN!
THE G0D EMPER0R
Posted on 26 October 11 at 14:11
this was relics/ thq mistake not xbox. going to think twice about buying thier games as this game though great to play ahas been not patched and had little or misleading info about it. weapon achievement was supposed to be unlocked via coop but thats not true either. they need sort themselves out if they r to come into the console market.
ELECTRICLOTT
Posted on 26 October 11 at 14:54
I'll wait till all the glitches are worked out before I pick this up...hopefully soon.
Ephajim
Posted on 26 October 11 at 14:56
This saddens me.
UndoingDuck
UndoingDuck
Posted on 26 October 11 at 15:09
I would rather they delay a DLC to fix a know issue to them, rather than push it out. Relic hasn't let me down yet, and they didn't with Space Marine! I'll get this as soon as its available!
Cadhoo
Posted on 26 October 11 at 16:15
Sad Face!
Christopher A
anomalystic777
Posted on 26 October 11 at 16:29
I have never had a glitch with this game, neither has anyone else I know. Also I would prefer a delayed working dlc than an on time glitchy one.
Predalien90
Predalien90
Posted on 26 October 11 at 16:47
I would be disappointed but after reading that weapon challenges can NOT be completed in this mode, my interest dropped off dramatically.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.