Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Rock Band Rivals Online Quickplay Now Available

AuthorMessage
WillCBlogs
WillCBlogs
Posted on 22 February 18 at 18:53
Turn the volume to 11!

Please click here to read the story: Rock Band Rivals Online Quickplay Now Available
VictimOfDesire
Posted on 22 February 18 at 19:07
Will finally go back and finish this mess of a release.
Zacry072
Zacry072
Posted on 22 February 18 at 19:10
Can I finally complete this game!?!?
dlCHIEF58
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 22 February 18 at 19:28
Zacry072 said:
I am more interested if they (Harmonix) will ever complete the game as it is STILL lacking compared to RB3. IF they ever grow a brain and add in keyboards and pro instruments again, then I will be satisfied...but we all know they will "never" do that since they still can't even get online play right again.
nightw0lf
nightw0lf
Posted on 22 February 18 at 19:39
I'd just be happy with proper achievement tracking. I've used checklists to go through all songs on hard and feel certain I've hit 85%+ on all solos, but neither achievement has unlocked and there's no way to tell which songs it didn't count. It seems so basic to include the lists they had in RB3, but why make it easier on us?
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 22 February 18 at 20:49
What I want to know is if I can play 2 people local and have 2 people join me online.

I couldn't get that to work before. I miss xbox 360 days
dlCHIEF58
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 22 February 18 at 21:11
New Paralyzer said:
What I want to know is if I can play 2 people local and have 2 people join me online.

Nope, the still have the single player per console for online limitation present. Harmonix programmers are a joke nowadays, can't even replicate what they did in nearly every previous game.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 22 February 18 at 21:13
Ugh lame!!!
Flopsy86
Flopsy86
Posted on 22 February 18 at 21:13
I'm glad online quickplay is here at last, the Rivals mode got boring after a while and it was just an excuse to get people to buy the latest DLC since you couldn't score high on Rivals mode without it :(

At least with online mode and 1300 songs, I can just play with others who want to play in a band :)
Making Easters happy since 1986.
Yinga Garten
Yinga Garten
Posted on 22 February 18 at 21:14
Too little and way too late. Feel sorry for those that paid full price for Rivals, luckily I got it when it was down to £8 but I still feel ripped off.
BenginoMan
BenginoMan
Posted on 22 February 18 at 22:24
dlCHIEF58 said:
Zacry072 said:
I am more interested if they (Harmonix) will ever complete the game as it is STILL lacking compared to RB3. IF they ever grow a brain and add in keyboards and pro instruments again, then I will be satisfied...but we all know they will "never" do that since they still can't even get online play right again.
They have flat out said they wouldn't be bringing pro instruments because there was already a much better learning tool out there in Rocksmith.
BenginoMan
BenginoMan
Posted on 22 February 18 at 22:29
dlCHIEF58 said:
New Paralyzer said:

Nope, the still have the single player per console for online limitation present. Harmonix programmers are a joke nowadays, can't even replicate what they did in nearly every previous game.
With limited resources and staff it's difficult for them to replicate the previous iteration of the game. Honestly, this isn't as fun as the other games but at least they didn't pull an Activision and have the player buy the DLC over and over again.
Jaucoholic
280,065 280,065 GamerScore
Jaucoholic
Posted on 22 February 18 at 23:13, Edited on 22 February 18 at 23:15 by Jaucoholic
BenginoMan said:
dlCHIEF58 said:
New Paralyzer said:

With limited resources and staff it's difficult for them to replicate the previous iteration of the game. Honestly, this isn't as fun as the other games but at least they didn't pull an Activision and have the player buy the DLC over and over again.
What are you talking about? When did Activision ever do this? Are you referring to Guitar Hero Live? If so, GHL is a better business model imo as I've never spent a single cent on new songs, compared to the hundreds I've spent on Rock Band DLC.
Nekro Neko
Nekro Neko
Posted on 22 February 18 at 23:16
Rock Band would get much more attention from me if there was a straight up online verses mode.
www.cyberscore.me.uk
dlCHIEF58
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 22 February 18 at 23:19
BenginoMan said:
dlCHIEF58 said:
Zacry072 said:
They have flat out said they wouldn't be bringing pro instruments because there was already a much better learning tool out there in Rocksmith.
Yes, I am clearly aware they said those would “never” return which is why I refuse to support this half-hearted attempt at a game any further. While Rocksmith is better, it isn’t quite as much fun. Also Rocksmith does nothing as far as keyboards, which is the main gist of my ire with Harmonix due to their lies leading up to the announcement that they were “never” (their words) coming back...just like me and many others.
MarekVit
MarekVit
Posted on 22 February 18 at 23:25
dlCHIEF58 said:
Zacry072 said:
1) They will hopefully NEVER finish it. I prefer a product they keep working on than a 'finished' project that I play and then forget. They said RB4 would be an evolving platform. Which it is. They are doing a great job.

2) How does 'growing a brain' equal adding keyboards and pro instruments? I think 'brains' told them not to.

3) They didn't get online right? This seems like the best online MP the ever had.
sonicfreak1986
Posted on 23 February 18 at 02:55
Something that should've been part of the game at launch is finally here!
sonicfreak1986
Pandasaur cx
114,539 114,539 GamerScore
Pandasaur cx
Posted on 23 February 18 at 02:55
I like Rock Band and all but not the community. If you don't have much money to spend on songs, I've got roughly around 100+ give or take, people will refuse to play with you. That's what's kept me to purchasing the Rivals expansion.

Plus even if I wanted to, it wouldn't be possible right now. My box for the RB3 guitar broke lol.
Clever Jake
Clever Jake
Posted on 23 February 18 at 08:53
Let's hope Rock Band 5 will be a full game when it's released in x years...
MarekVit
MarekVit
Posted on 23 February 18 at 09:12
Clever Jake said:
Let's hope Rock Band 5 will be a full game when it's released in x years...
Is there any reason at all to make RB5 instead of continuing the support of RB4? RB4 is a platform, hopefully it will never be complete.

Maybe one reason - a new set of achievements.

What does a FULL GAME mean anyway? I know a lot of full games that come and go and are quickly forgotten. I don't need RB to be like that. Let them keep working on RB4 and I'll be happy.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.