Game Discussion: Railway Empire Forum

Rating at the end of a game

AuthorMessage
MuffinMICHI
MuffinMICHI
Posted on 24 February 18 at 21:14, Edited on 24 February 18 at 21:16 by MuffinMICHI
So I'm trying to get the achievements for the president rating in the scenarios but somtimes I'm a bit stuck with the rating at the end of a game...

The rating is split in two parts. The first part is the number of completed tasks. It says if you complete a task in the half of the given time you get twice the points for this task. So if you have 10 tasks and complete 9 of them in the half of the time you should get 19/20 (9*2 + 1*1) points in this aspect. And these points are afterwards multiplied with the factors of the second part of the rating.
The four multipliers are start-capital, competitors, map and pause-mode. So pause-mode is clear, you can select this aspect at the start of every game.
But what about the other three aspects. What do you have to do to increase these multipliers. For example the rating for the map. Is it good to have as much train stations as possible or is it better to finish with less train stations, or miles of the train net...?

And then it would be interesting to know if it is possible to increase the overall rating after completing all tasks. Because if you finish a four-or-more-hour-game with a rating of 29.9 you really don't feel like replaying through all this...

Thanks in advance, I appreciate every help with this topic
Minardi 05
Minardi 05
Posted on 27 February 18 at 17:02, Edited on 06 March 18 at 20:58 by Minardi 05
The map multiplier only relates to which region of America you are playing in so as such it cannot be influenced.

I thought you could increase multiplier by having realistic railways and reduced ticket prices although lavindathar states that doesn't work so I'm unsure.

With regards to the optional tasks I finished one scenario with a 28.4 rating and no optional tasks done, as I continued playing the rating decreased due to longer play time even though I then did 2 optional tasks. So I loaded an autosave from earlier in this scenario and finished one optional task before the last main one which resulted in a 29.2 rating. Used the autosave reload again but completed 2 optionals this time and did it quicker and it got me a 30.4 rating. So there's not always a need to replay the whole scenario.
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 05 March 18 at 14:16
According to the menu and my testing, neither ticket price or realistic trains effect rating. Only pause mode.
Minardi 05
Minardi 05
Posted on 15 April 18 at 06:45, Edited on 15 April 18 at 06:45 by Minardi 05
Recently found out that if you increase the AI difficulty it will increase your rating multiplier 😁
eHead
eHead
Posted on 22 February 19 at 21:40
Also don't worry to much about the rail system, time bonus is most important of all! Just use normal tracks and build like a maniac!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.