Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Injustice 2 - Legendary Edition Coming Next Month

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 28 February 18 at 17:54
All DLC characters, premiere skins and enhancements included

Please click here to read the story: Injustice 2 - Legendary Edition Coming Next Month
BruceWayne1008
Posted on 28 February 18 at 18:28
Seems like I wasted $100 for the ultimate edition laugh
Warboy925
Warboy925
Posted on 28 February 18 at 18:30
BruceWayne1008 said:
You too???
ClaytThaGreat
ClaytThaGreat
Posted on 28 February 18 at 19:03
Make abilities 'purchasable' with Source Crystals please so I can stop driving myself nuts with Cat Call in the Multiverse.
BruceWayne1008
Posted on 28 February 18 at 19:46
Warboy925 said:
BruceWayne1008 said:
You too???
Ohh yeah. My only regret is this POS achievement

Injustice 2Cat FightThe Cat Fight achievement in Injustice 2 worth 89 pointsCatwoman must defeat Cheetah with the final hit coming from Cat Call
XenomorphFiend
Posted on 28 February 18 at 20:09
I don't feel like I wasted $100 on the ultimate, there is so much damn gear in this game that I'll probably never complete most of the epic sets, even with a year of working towards them. I'm still grinding my way to even 1 legendary multiverse event, even. Not to mention I've had a ton of fun with this game, I rarely get tired of playing. I usually get tired of fighting games rather quickly.

That said, I WOULD be pissed if the enhancements were ONLY available to people who purchase the legendary edition, but that's a ridiculous notion & would be a HUGE bitch slap to those of us who have been loyal to this game from the start.
Streets Ahead
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 28 February 18 at 21:11
Definitely what i've been waiting for, i learned my lesson with part 1.

Now i'm waiting for Sniper Elite 4 "Ultimate Edition"
mkdfan1990
mkdfan1990
Posted on 28 February 18 at 21:41
It will probably be like MKX and MKXL. Everyone who already owns it should get some sort of update.
Kerman7
Kerman7
Posted on 28 February 18 at 23:18
Love it when a game that has an Ultimate edition, releases one or more further editions afterwards.
Gotta wonder how long an industry that teaches its customers not to trust a word they say is going to make its dystopia last. Could be a pretty long time of course...
GoyetteQC
GoyetteQC
Posted on 01 March 18 at 00:20
What's the real difference between this and the ultimate edition ? Both have the base game + DLC characters + a bunch of premier skins. The only difference seems to be with the "enhancements" like the level cap and learn hub, but that would be pretty stupid to leave that of for player who bought the game before. Or am I missing something?
[Insert signature here.]
mcnichoj
mcnichoj
Posted on 01 March 18 at 00:54
GoyetteQC said:
What's the real difference between this and the ultimate edition ? Both have the base game + DLC characters + a bunch of premier skins. The only difference seems to be with the "enhancements" like the level cap and learn hub, but that would be pretty stupid to leave that of for player who bought the game before. Or am I missing something?
I'm guessing all the content is on disc while older versions only have the vanilla version on disc with all the DLC being tied to an account.

Really not much of a loss unless you actively like bringing games to other places or loan them to friends but hey if you didn't think a "complete" edition was coming, is this your first NRS game? We've only seen this with both previous Mortal Kombats and the first Injustice.
I bought Injustice 2 on disc so I could enjoy the story mode and then pawn it off to someone else. Now just waiting for this version.
GoyetteQC
GoyetteQC
Posted on 01 March 18 at 00:58
Yeah it's my first NRS game, I'm not a big fan of fighting games. I have the base edition digital so I don't really care about this new edition, but I was just genuinely wondering what was the big deal about it.
[Insert signature here.]
TheGreatKoala
TheGreatKoala
Posted on 01 March 18 at 10:16
Kerman7 said:
Love it when a game that has an Ultimate edition, releases one or more further editions afterwards.
Gotta wonder how long an industry that teaches its customers not to trust a word they say is going to make its dystopia last. Could be a pretty long time of course...
And because it's a game that it's cool to like, people don't complain about it.

If it were Destiny, COD, Battlefront, people would be shitting all over this.

I love the game, but a bit of consistency people, JUST ONCE
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 01 March 18 at 11:02
BruceWayne1008 said:
Warboy925 said:
BruceWayne1008 said:
You too???
Ohh yeah. My only regret is this POS achievement

Injustice 2Cat FightThe Cat Fight achievement in Injustice 2 worth 89 pointsCatwoman must defeat Cheetah with the final hit coming from Cat Call
Best advice is to do the multiverse events that give out abilities and to work towards unlocking Catwoman's Legendary event as that gives two (or more) abilities as rewards.
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 01 March 18 at 18:43
I still don't understand what the difference is between the ultimate edition and the legendary edition.. they seem the same.
BiZZar0 J0E
BiZZar0 J0E
Posted on 02 March 18 at 17:37
I8ITackyticsI8I said:
I still don't understand what the difference is between the ultimate edition and the legendary edition.. they seem the same.
In cases like this where a game developer releases a version of their game with all the DLC included, a year after the release of their original game, the main difference is price. The price ends up costing about what the base vanilla game costed when it originally launched.

On top of the that, the original poster stated that pre-orders would include... 1). Collectible Coin, 2). Epic Comic Exclusive Download Steel Card, 3). Exclusive Steelcase, & 4). 11000 Source Crystals

As the say goes, "good things come to those that wait".

I imagine the 1). Learn Hub, 2). New Gear items, 3). Character Level 30 cap increase, & 4). Level 30 New Augment Slot will be available to everyone.

Doing a little research, you'll see popular games having a Game of the Year/Complete edition, (includes all DLC for no extra price), is a normal thing for games that sell amazingly well in their 1st year.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.