TA Playlist Forum

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Fable II Discussion - Spoilers

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 28 February 18 at 23:59
Welcome back to another TA Playlist month. Use this thread to speak freely about Fable II and assume anything goes in here.
SpiralGamerpro
SpiralGamerpro
Posted on 01 March 18 at 00:36
Probably the most difficult final boss I've ever faced
The people's champion! Well done for an amazing run, and for croaking with dignity. #TeamSporl4lyf - MalibuStacey85
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 01 March 18 at 00:42
This was one of the games that taught me to not get over hyped since it ruined the experience for me.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 01 March 18 at 00:53
It was a bit of a letdown for me at the time, but I still have some fond memories of it. These games aren't meant to be taken too seriously, and if you just take them for what they are, there's some enjoyment to be found. I especially like the DLCs for this one, and some of the more out-there demon doors. The terracotta army one comes to mind, I love that creepy foreboding atmosphere it has.

Thinking about it now I can also appreciate what they were trying to do with the ending and the final boss. It fell a bit flat since honestly the story just wasn't very engaging, but it was still a pretty bold move for what is otherwise a very run of the mill action rpg series. I'm sure it would have had more of an impact if I actually gave a shit about the antagonist, or actually had enough investment in the world to feel bad for choosing my dog's life over some nameless NPCs. dance
What can change the nature of a man?
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 01 March 18 at 05:32
I haven’t seen the DLC on sale and I’m not paying $17 for both but I wish they would bc I would really like to play them. I’ve finished the game twice but does the guy ever stop talking at the end, I get bored and shoot him just for him to shut up.

I enjoyed the game but not as much as the first one. For a game that’s is supposed to evolve around your choices nothing really happens. The biggest one I can think of is you don’t complete the temple of light quest before going to the spire when you come back it’s destroyed.

The Fable and Star Wars series always make me feel the same. As the series progresses there are less and less heroes/Jedi and I want to be taken back to a time when they run everywhere. I had read Lionshead felt they wrote themselves into a corner with time moving forward too fast between games but I didn’t feel the same. Fable isn’t the progression of Albion, it’s about heroes so they could have easily moved back in time or just take us to somewhere besides Albion.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 01 March 18 at 06:23
Don’t miss the competition!

TA Playlist for March 2018 is Live with Fable II - Plus Win a $50 Xbox Gift Card
Slayer Reigning
Posted on 01 March 18 at 07:52
Thought it was a great game that I was able to enjoy with a friend. Really hope Fable 4 comes to light.
GhostMaker mk3
Posted on 01 March 18 at 08:50
The final boss was a letdown but otherwise a excellent game. Fable 3 on the other hand...
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 01 March 18 at 09:43, Edited on 01 March 18 at 09:46 by Dresden N7
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
The Fable and Star Wars series always make me feel the same. As the series progresses there are less and less heroes/Jedi and I want to be taken back to a time when they run everywhere. I had read Lionshead felt they wrote themselves into a corner with time moving forward too fast between games but I didn’t feel the same. Fable isn’t the progression of Albion, it’s about heroes so they could have easily moved back in time or just take us to somewhere besides Albion.
Fable II was the first game in the series that I played, so I felt the same way. I wondered how the Heroes' Guild operated at the height of its power and what it must have been like working with other Heroes. Then I played Fable Anniversary where my wish of a fully operational Heroes' Guild came true. Imagine my surprise when The Guild turned out to be pedestrian in importance, and interacting with other Heroes--with certain expectations--was dull as dishwater. (Personal opinion, of course. It's fine if others disagree.)

All of that said, maybe the next Fable should be about rebuilding the Heroes' Guild in a modern Albion (meaning, post Fable III) with a population that is indifferent or even hostile to the idea? Just a thought.
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 01 March 18 at 09:54
Maybe it's just nostalgia goggles talking, but Fable II was the best one out of the three for me. I first played Fable on the Xbox original as a kid and absolutely fell in love with the game, spending months of free time on it when I could. So naturally, when I had an Xbox 360 as a teen and I heard there was another Fable coming out, I eagerly waited and hyped myself up. The game didn't disappoint, it had new features that worked well with old mechanics and still generally felt like a Fable game (something the 3rd one didn't do for me as much). It was one of the first games I actually went for a full completion on and probably one of the first games I extensively used TA for back in the day. I even met one of my good friends DrSaw through a session helping him get the dyes. (Mainly the one from the Colosseum.)

So, I have a lot of fond memories and attachments to the game and I hope that someone who is trying it for the first time this month can enjoy it just as much.
See You Space Cowboy...
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 01 March 18 at 09:59
I just remember having to wade through a lot of conversation and I didn't really become that invested in the story itself. I enjoyed the co-operative parts and 'spotting' the voice actors, and in general I enjoyed the game. I must be alone in this, but I probably liked the third installment as much as I did this one.
Legohead 1977
GuardianAngelGG
Posted on 01 March 18 at 11:40
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
I haven’t seen the DLC on sale and I’m not paying $17 for both but I wish they would bc I would really like to play them. I’ve finished the game twice but does the guy ever stop talking at the end, I get bored and shoot him just for him to shut up.
If you find a used (or still sealed) copy of the Fable II Game of the Year Edition (the box cover has a statement in the upper right corner "More Quests! More Locations! More Choices!"), then Knothole Island and See the Future DLCs are INCLUDED with the disc. You can often find that disc for about the same price as the base game through game stores that sell used games, online auction sites, etc. wink

The guy talking at the end does get kind of long, but "for me" it is kind of fun to let him finish talking, but NOT shoot him, because the ending where you don't shoot him is really funny to me! laugh
a44Special
a44Special
Posted on 01 March 18 at 12:26
First fable game I ever played. I always liked how the money continued to grow even when you slept
All gave some, some gave all.
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 01 March 18 at 12:36
You enter the crucible a boy, you exit a man.
Stealth David
Stealth David
Posted on 01 March 18 at 17:03
I liked fable one the best but still a great game
Follow me on Twitter for giveaways @StealthDavid
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 01 March 18 at 17:29
I thought it was a great game. I was a little put off that Lionhead took down the http://www.fable2.com website so you could no longer get the Hero Doll. However, some good soul helped me out with the Dollcatcher achievement so it wasn't a big deal.
MrCoolness3
MrCoolness3
Posted on 01 March 18 at 17:41
First Fable to play here too smile
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing."
HenkeXD
HenkeXD
Posted on 01 March 18 at 21:10
Same here. Had a friend who got me to buy it for coop play.
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 01 March 18 at 21:34
HenkeXD said:
Same here. Had a friend who got me to buy it for coop play.
Co-op was one of the negatives about this game. I loved the idea of playing Fable with a friend, but the fixed camera was absolutely terrible.
See You Space Cowboy...
Xealon
Xealon
Posted on 01 March 18 at 21:46
Was the first fable game I played as well. Dont understand all the hype. It was good but far from one of the best rpgs around
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.