Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Easiest Xbox Achievement Lists from February 2018

• New ParalyzerNew Paralyzer1,175,390
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 08:08
    I must be playing Blazing Star wrong. That game is tough even with laser
  • GoyetteQCGoyetteQC835,964
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 08:47
    It would be cool to see articles for the best games of a month (even though that's totally subjective), or the hardest, or something else along those lines. I really don't give much about 5 minutes walking sims, ACA NEOGEO overpriced 90's games and shitty Artifex point-and-clicks.
    [Insert signature here.]
  • Jasecw2Jasecw2381,438
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 08:49
    not trying to be mean but do you play through any of the neo geo games? Yes some are easy like World Heroes, Last Blade and KOF 96. However some are hard and Blazing Star only has a 9% complete rate

151 tracked gamers have this game, 14 have completed it (9.27%)
  • Jan DerconJan Dercon148,274
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 09:24
    And there you had me playing Age of Empires: DE without the cheat codes (cause the AoE II HD on steam would refuse to unlock achievements if u used any) and then saw the 'guides' promoting them xD
  • SangriazSangriaz3,815,469
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 09:35
    I completed Blazing Stars and it is definitely not an easy game unless you are already familiar with the game. You need to understand the scoring system properly to even have a chance at getting the Original mode achievements. I played to the end of the game only to miss out once and had to restart from the beginning after better understanding.
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,553,161
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 09:40
    These all seem like a lot of money for relatively short enjoyment...if they are even that enjoyable. (The fighting games are often too hard for me to finish in the times quoted).
    Legohead 1977
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 March 18 at 10:11
    Jasecw2 said:
    not trying to be mean but do you play through any of the neo geo games? Yes some are easy like World Heroes, Last Blade and KOF 96. However some are hard and Blazing Star only has a 9% complete rate

151 tracked gamers have this game, 14 have completed it (9.27%)
    When an easy completion only has 14 people who have completed it, that tells you just how little people care about the product(especially when only 151 people played it), NOT how difficult it is.

A more likely guess is that 151 people bought into what the internet said, 137 realised the game was utter crap now and the other 14 were achievement hunters
  • Posted on 01 March 18 at 10:19
    It seems a shame to me that gamerscore has become more and more obtainable with games taking only a matter of minutes.

Yes I know I have AVATAR on my gamercard but I'm sure in the 360 days there weren't all that many games like these that are stupidly quick to complete.

I know everyone has different reasons for gaming of course!
    Christian Gamers - Join the bandwagon.
  • THEpaynexkillerTHEpaynexkiller1,023,110
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 10:51
    Personally? I'd never pay more then £6.30 for a 'easy 1,000' game. So these $19.99 examples just don't cut it for me. I definitely think you should check out my 'completed games' list for some stupidly easy ones. I've definitely found a few. Here's my Xbox One list; THEpaynexkiller's Game Collection
  • Otouto72Otouto721,381,853
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 11:30
    I tend not to pay over a tenner for an easy game but I have started buying the Neo-Geo games for the £6.39 price tag. I would buy a meal for that price and consume it within an hour and so I can buy a game at that price and beat it in an hour too.

Yeah, the philosophy might be insane....but what the heck?
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,553,161
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 11:34
    Otouto72 said:
    I tend not to pay over a tenner for an easy game but I have started buying the Neo-Geo games for the £6.39 price tag. I would buy a meal for that price and consume it within an hour and so I can buy a game at that price and beat it in an hour too.

Yeah, the philosophy might be insane....but what the heck?
    There is no insane philosophy dude, we all earn our money, so we can all choose how to spend it and what we deem as value for money. I often think my approach is stranger, it is one of my main hobbies, yet I will very rarely break £5 for a game, and that's on gameshare. (People still think I waste my money...but then I won't go out on the town and spend £100 in a night, though I know people that do).

It's all relative, and there's no wrong answers....
    Legohead 1977
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,192,704
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 11:40
    The Manic Moose said:
    It seems a shame to me that gamerscore has become more and more obtainable with games taking only a matter of minutes.

Yes I know I have AVATAR on my gamercard but I'm sure in the 360 days there weren't all that many games like these that are stupidly quick to complete.

Main Menu > Games > Platform to 360 > Sort by completion time

250-300 games under 10 hours. Gamerscore never meant much.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • Posted on 01 March 18 at 11:51
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    The Manic Moose said:

Main Menu > Games > Platform to 360 > Sort by completion time

250-300 games under 10 hours. Gamerscore never meant much.
    Duly noted!
    Christian Gamers - Join the bandwagon.
  • vSullyvSully1,133,944
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 12:46, Edited on 01 March 18 at 12:48 by vSully
    There aren’t many sub-30 minute 360 completions with 1000 gamerscore. Maybe a dozen? There are tons on the one. ID@Xbox literally shits out easy, fast completions week after week.

Most of the sub-30 minute 360 completions exist because the achievement system was new and not fully fleshed out in the early days (2k6 sports games, etc).

Gamerscore is so arbitrary that it doesn’t really matter, so ultimately whoever spends the most time and money on gamerscore will have the most.
  • Springbok NLSpringbok NL723,276
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 12:53
    Maybe we can keep it going for March.
    NORTH? Seems to be a 15-minute completion.
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,005,264
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 13:50, Edited on 01 March 18 at 13:52 by iTz Canada Ehh
    vSully said:
    There aren’t many sub-30 minute 360 completions with 1000 gamerscore. Maybe a dozen? There are tons on the one. ID@Xbox literally shits out easy, fast completions week after week.

Most of the sub-30 minute 360 completions exist because the achievement system was new and not fully fleshed out in the early days (2k6 sports games, etc).

Gamerscore is so arbitrary that it doesn’t really matter, so ultimately whoever spends the most time and money on gamerscore will have the most.
    Thanks to the ID@Xbox program this is 100% accurate now. They also just released 10 (more?) ACA Neogeo games for Windows 10. So with 76 games now on site at 10.99, if you had about $950 CAD just lying around your house, you'd be able to get 75,000 gamerscore in about 80 hours. That's mind boggling.

On topic though, I might give Fe a try at some point. Seems like it might be pretty cool.
  • MathGuy42MathGuy42642,623
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 14:23
    I guess Claybook doesn't count since it's in Game Preview. It appears to be a 2-3 hour completion.
  • Posted on 01 March 18 at 14:27
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    vSully said:

Thanks to the ID@Xbox program this is 100% accurate now. They also just released 10 (more?) ACA Neogeo games for Windows 10. So with 76 games now on site at 10.99, if you had about $950 CAD just lying around your house, you'd be able to get 75,000 gamerscore in about 80 hours. That's mind boggling.

On topic though, I might give Fe a try at some point. Seems like it might be pretty cool.
    On the flip side, these games are also super cheap to acquire and have exposed me to many new flavors that I would never have done if not for the easier achievements. I have no complaint. I'm not sure why everyone else is moaning about it. You have the same opportunity as everyone else to acquire the points. If it inflates other scores, it can inflate yours as well. But in the end, that is why the TA Ratio is key ;)
    Ask me about my rock collection.
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,005,264
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 14:36
    dropK1CK ninJA said:
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    vSully said:

On the flip side, these games are also super cheap to acquire and have exposed me to many new flavors that I would never have done if not for the easier achievements. I have no complaint. I'm not sure why everyone else is moaning about it. You have the same opportunity as everyone else to acquire the points. If it inflates other scores, it can inflate yours as well. But in the end, that is why the TA Ratio is key ;)
    Oh trust me I have my fair share of easy completions on here that I've also surprisingly enjoyed. The Inner World, Demetrios, Thomas was Alone, TurnOn, and Hue are some examples. But what Sully is saying is definitely true. And as I was discussing in another thread last week, there are a lot of easy achievements that have very high TA ratios in some games compared to what they should be, so that's always a plus laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.