Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Easiest Xbox Achievement Lists from February 2018

• stordoffstordoff1,074,384
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 14:41
    Otouto72 said:
    I tend not to pay over a tenner for an easy game but I have started buying the Neo-Geo games for the £6.39 price tag. I would buy a meal for that price and consume it within an hour and so I can buy a game at that price and beat it in an hour too.

Yeah, the philosophy might be insane....but what the heck?
    If you can afford it, who really cares (it's your money), but the meal comparision seems a little weird. You could knock out five quick games in an afternnon, whcih you probably won't do with meals.

Either way, the prices are probably set for people who are going to come back to the game (esp. the Neo-Geo stuff), not for those who are going to rinse through a game once for the achievements and never touch it again.

dropK1CK ninJA said:
    On the flip side, these games are also super cheap to acquire and have exposed me to many new flavors that I would never have done if not for the easier achievements.
    That's one of the main reasons I like achievements at all - it's led to me being exposed to a bunch of stuff I wouldn't have otherwise even looked at.
  • DerPeter83DerPeter83531,804
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 15:10
    TheGreatKoala said:
    When an easy completion only has 14 people who have completed it, that tells you just how little people care about the product(especially when only 151 people played it), NOT how difficult it is.

A more likely guess is that 151 people bought into what the internet said, 137 realised the game was utter crap now and the other 14 were achievement hunters
    Or maybe it tells you, that these 137 people give a crap about achievements and completion
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 March 18 at 15:13
    If I had the money. And some one didn't broke the body of my laptop that in long run broke my screen. I be raining in gamerscore by now.
    .XBOX 4 LIFE. https://www.change.org/petitions/to-tell-microsoft-to-make-self-published-live-able-games-on-windows-phone-and-windows-8-and-tell-deve
  • Posted on 01 March 18 at 15:15
    Sangriaz said:
    I completed Blazing Stars and it is definitely not an easy game unless you are already familiar with the game. You need to understand the scoring system properly to even have a chance at getting the Original mode achievements. I played to the end of the game only to miss out once and had to restart from the beginning after better understanding.
    Thanks! I’ve removed that one from the list.
  • TrademarkmanTrademarkman583,120
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 15:24
    I like this post.

I hope this is a new monthly regular article that gets posted
    Matthew Anderson ADHD Gaming Podcast Contributor, Kinda Funny Games Daily Contributor
  • Posted on 01 March 18 at 15:34
    Man. I REALLY want The Station. But 15$ for such a short game is some BS. That's a total rip for people who aren't achievement hunters. 15$ for an hour of content? PFF
  • Ivan83LiveIvan83Live1,295,329
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 15:42, Edited on 01 March 18 at 15:43 by Ivan83Live
    And the 10 ACA NEOGEO (Win 10) ?
  • Posted on 01 March 18 at 15:46
    I miss the 360 achievements, even though you can still play the 360 it doesn't feel the same.
    Quiksilver4141
  • Posted on 01 March 18 at 16:17, Edited on 01 March 18 at 16:17 by I8ITackyticsI8I
    When The Station can be completed in just 20 minutes, I don't see how it's a 'decent adventure game'

And no - I didn't like Gone Home either.
  • AlterPredAlterPred1,059,612
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 16:33
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    The Manic Moose said:
    It seems a shame to me that gamerscore has become more and more obtainable with games taking only a matter of minutes.

Yes I know I have AVATAR on my gamercard but I'm sure in the 360 days there weren't all that many games like these that are stupidly quick to complete.

I know everyone has different reasons for gaming of course!
    Main Menu > Games > Platform to 360 > Sort by completion time

250-300 games under 10 hours. Gamerscore never meant much.
    It was a lot different on 360 as well, most of those games are not for the full 1000g. The list looked mostly around the 200g-250g mark.
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV3,200,576
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 16:53
    vSully said:
    There aren’t many sub-30 minute 360 completions with 1000 gamerscore. Maybe a dozen? There are tons on the one. ID@Xbox literally shits out easy, fast completions week after week.

Most of the sub-30 minute 360 completions exist because the achievement system was new and not fully fleshed out in the early days (2k6 sports games, etc).

Gamerscore is so arbitrary that it doesn’t really matter, so ultimately whoever spends the most time and money on gamerscore will have the most.
    Totally agree. Someone on my friends list sent me a message saying he way catching my gs total the other day which it isn't hard when he had his x1 at launch (I've only had mine a year), he is online like 8-10 hours 7 days a week and seems to play pretty much any x1 games that is sub 5-6 to 1000gs no harder the price and all the neo geo shite, which is fine but ya know some of us have to work 10 hours a day and have mortgage and bills to pay.if I had £100k to spend I could hammer out a few hundred thousand gs pretty quick.
  • Posted on 01 March 18 at 17:31, Edited on 01 March 18 at 17:34 by angry often
    NO MORE listing ACA NEOGEOs as 'easy completions'.
    The developer has caught on and adjusted the scores so that it takes a considerable amount of effort to reach the scores. The target scores are almost always barely attainable, with not much leeway for extra points.

On PS4, the 9-trophy lists for ACA used to be EASY, trophies for looking at the option menus, etc, changing settings, etc.
    Then they changed the template to the '6-trophy lists', and are much harder, the same difficulty Xbox gets.
  • Posted on 01 March 18 at 17:45
    Fe has a couple missables. I need to play through most of it again just to get the 1 I missed.
  • Posted on 01 March 18 at 18:09
    I8ITackyticsI8I said:
    When The Station can be completed in just 20 minutes, I don't see how it's a 'decent adventure game'

And no - I didn't like Gone Home either.
    20 minutes with a guide, an hour without. I liked it, but as you may read in my review, the story is too similar to other sci-fi stories.
  • Posted on 01 March 18 at 19:37
    I'm glad to announce the start of a new game development studio: Moldy Games. New games will be released on a weekly cadence and be called "Buy this instead of a meal." The price will be $5 USD. The achievement list will be:

Hit cn_A 100G
    Hit cn_B 100G
    Hit cn_X 100G
    Hit cn_Y 100G
    Hit cn_RT 100G
    Hit cn_LT 100G
    Hit cn_LB 100G
    Hit cn_RB 100G
    You hit all da buttons! 200G

Taking pre-oders today.
  • Jasecw2Jasecw2421,332
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 19:50
    TheGreatKoala said:
    Jasecw2 said:
    not trying to be mean but do you play through any of the neo geo games? Yes some are easy like World Heroes, Last Blade and KOF 96. However some are hard and Blazing Star only has a 9% complete rate

151 tracked gamers have this game, 14 have completed it (9.27%)
    When an easy completion only has 14 people who have completed it, that tells you just how little people care about the product(especially when only 151 people played it), NOT how difficult it is.

A more likely guess is that 151 people bought into what the internet said, 137 realised the game was utter crap now and the other 14 were achievement hunters
    Or maybe it tells you that its not a easy completion and the writer didn't do their research and actually play ANY of these and just lumped them into the quick and easy game spotlight. I own 39 of the 50+ games released and there are some that are quick and easy and some that are brutal go play Karnov's Revenge and see how easy that is
  • Doc ShowtimeDoc Showtime687,716
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 19:55
    Moldy Tacos5000 said:
    I'm glad to announce the start of a new game development studio: Moldy Games. New games will be released on a weekly cadence and be called "Buy this instead of a meal." The price will be $5 USD. The achievement list will be:

Hit cn_A 100G
    Hit cn_B 100G
    Hit cn_X 100G
    Hit cn_Y 100G
    Hit cn_RT 100G
    Hit cn_LT 100G
    Hit cn_LB 100G
    Hit cn_RB 100G
    You hit all da buttons! 200G

Taking pre-oders today.
    Preordered!
  • GoyetteQCGoyetteQC1,326,594
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 19:57, Edited on 01 March 18 at 20:00 by GoyetteQC
    I'm sure some genius at some point in time will have the idea to sell achievements as DLC. Pay 10$ and you get all the achievements for a said game, no efforts required. A lot of people on here would jump on that train. When that happens, the gaming industry will be doomed.
    [Insert signature here.]
  • Marcus BWFCMarcus BWFC167,123
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 20:40
    magical drop 3 isnt easy at all lol. im stuck on 80g
  • planting42planting422,094,242
    Posted on 01 March 18 at 20:48
    GoyetteQC said:
    I'm sure some genius at some point in time will have the idea to sell achievements as DLC. Pay 10$ and you get all the achievements for a said game, no efforts required. A lot of people on here would jump on that train. When that happens, the gaming industry will be doomed.
    You mean like DCUO?
    https://www.trueachievements.com/event/Winter-Olympics-2018
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads