Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Easiest Xbox Achievement Lists from February 2018

• Posted on 03 March 18 at 01:26
    ORIGENxGarboMan said:
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    ll Nazule ll said:
    Please continue to do this every month.

This is just another reason why I (and others) gladly sub a pro account. Quality updates and reviews from the staff help create a fantastic community.

Thank you.
    They’re definitely monthly from now on, and the plan is to get them out on the first of every month. Thanks for reading!
    I'm going to voice my opinion too. I find no use in these types of articles and they're really just encouraging people to pay for a gamerscore addiction.

I'd much rather see "Here are the top 10 games from February with less than 1000 starts, but a rating over 4.0" or something like that. It would highlight games that people are genuinely enjoying, but not many people are trying. It would also support the devs who actually make quality products by encouraging more sales of good games.

That's not to say that short games can't be great. I love some of them. However, this article is really just encouraging people to throw money at the screen to increase a meaningless score.

You are of course welcome to do what you want, although I feel it's useful to know that some people enjoy these articles and some think they're some of the worst articles on the site.
    We never could or would cater every article to every reader. We have a series that highlights great underplayed games already too, it's called In Case You Missed It and we most recently posted one last weekend. We do those monthly as well. How much meaning someone's Gamerscore has is actually up to him or herself. My PMs are always open if you have other suggestions you'd like me to cover on site. I don't turn any good ideas down and I take into consideration what people on site want to read. That's how this one was created!

Jasecw2 said:
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    neeker75 said:
    TA needs to stop assuming that the ACA Neogeo games are easy. Many of them are not. I bought Magical Drop III after reading this article, and I'm seriously thinking of holding them responsible for the wasted cash. laugh
    Without playing every game on this list, I can only go by the stats on each game’s page. Whenever I mess that up, just let me know and I’ll correct them. I’ll also add games if I miss them. smile
    I find the stats in particular the True Achievement point value system to be misleading. Most of these ACA Neo Geo games are ranked around 1,040- 1,250 by their True Achievement value but a game like Walking Dead tell tale series is ranked 1,324 and there are no missable achievements in the game. There is no way that is a harder game then Spin Master, Sengoku, Magician Lord, or Karnov's Revenge
    The stats I refer to are completion percentage and estimated time for completion.
  • Jasecw2Jasecw2421,330
    Posted on 03 March 18 at 03:08, Edited on 03 March 18 at 03:09 by Jasecw2
    This post contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
  • Posted on 03 March 18 at 03:29, Edited on 03 March 18 at 03:31 by N0T PENNYS B0AT
    Jasecw2 said:
    Jasecw2 said:
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    neeker75 said:
    TA needs to stop assuming that the ACA Neogeo games are easy. Many of them are not. I bought Magical Drop III after reading this article, and I'm seriously thinking of holding them responsible for the wasted cash. laugh
    Without playing every game on this list, I can only go by the stats on each game’s page. Whenever I mess that up, just let me know and I’ll correct them. I’ll also add games if I miss them. smile
    I find the stats in particular the True Achievement point value system to be misleading. Most of these ACA Neo Geo games are ranked around 1,040- 1,250 by their True Achievement value but a game like Walking Dead tell tale series is ranked 1,324 and there are no missable achievements in the game. There is no way that is a harder game then Spin Master, Sengoku, Magician Lord, or Karnov's Revenge
    The stats I refer to are completion percentage and estimated time for completion.
    Thank You for the reply if those are the only stats you use how could you have chose Blazing Star in the first place? only 14 people completed it (9%) and its completion estimate only had 2 ratings 1 for 2-3 hours and 1 for 4-5 hours. I'm not trying to give you a hard time about it but that seems like a very small sample size to form a opinion that a game is quick and easy gamerscore

Most ACA games are at least quick if not always easy, so I cross reference them as best I can, and remove them if I’ve made a mistake as some pointed out this time. These articles are easily added to or subtracted from when need be, I just rely on people telling me when the early stats don’t show the full story.
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,327,968
    Posted on 03 March 18 at 05:09
    ORIGENxGarboMan said:
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    ll Nazule ll said:

This is just another reason why I (and others) gladly sub a pro account. Quality updates and reviews from the staff help create a fantastic community.

Thank you.
    They’re definitely monthly from now on, and the plan is to get them out on the first of every month. Thanks for reading!
    I'm going to voice my opinion too. I find no use in these types of articles and they're really just encouraging people to pay for a gamerscore addiction.

I'd much rather see "Here are the top 10 games from February with less than 1000 starts, but a rating over 4.0" or something like that. It would highlight games that people are genuinely enjoying, but not many people are trying. It would also support the devs who actually make quality products by encouraging more sales of good games.

That's not to say that short games can't be great. I love some of them. However, this article is really just encouraging people to throw money at the screen to increase a meaningless score.

You are of course welcome to do what you want, although I feel it's useful to know that some people enjoy these articles and some think they're some of the worst articles on the site.
    If you aren't interested in the article there's this cool thing browsers have nowadays called a scroll bar, that actually allow you to scroll down to see more of the page and let you bypass information you're not interested in. Figured I'd assist you in skipping useless articles in the future so you don't have to shitpost in the forums.
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,611,449
    Posted on 03 March 18 at 06:29
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    ORIGENxGarboMan said:
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    ll Nazule ll said:

Thank you.

If you aren't interested in the article there's this cool thing browsers have nowadays called a scroll bar, that actually allow you to scroll down to see more of the page and let you bypass information you're not interested in. Figured I'd assist you in skipping useless articles in the future so you don't have to shitpost in the forums.
    Wow you're so cool and helpful! Thanks! I'm getting a doctorate in engineering, but I have no fucking clue how an internet browser works!

Seriously, I'm not telling Mark that he's a terrible person and shouldn't be a newshound. I'm not saying these articles are useless to all. I'm just saying that yes, some people find these articles enjoyable. I do not and I would prefer to see different articles posted. That's not a shitpost. It's voicing my opinion. There are plenty of low quality posts in the TA forums. This is just voicing an opinion.

We never could or would cater every article to every reader.
    Of course. Not asking you to. Just voicing my opinion that I would prefer to see other articles. If 90% of the site likes this then that's fine.

We have a series that highlights great underplayed games already too, it's called In Case You Missed It and we most recently posted one last weekend. We do those monthly as well.
    Yes, I'm 100% familiar with ICYMI or the older easter eggs. I used to pick up lots of games from Easter Eggs. Still, if you only listed 1 quick completion per month people would say "Hey you could do more." Highlighting niche games is a little harder because you have to sell people on it as opposed to just listing "this is fast gamerscore," which you can do here. So it's a little bit harder to highlight more than one a month and I understand that. I still feel there are many high quality niche games that deserve to be highlighted, but they aren't being highlighted. Again, this is partly because you have to write a whole news article on it, you simply don't have time to play every game on the marketplace between work and volunteering here, and a niche game is probably going to slip through the cracks when you're playing the bigger titles. I mean, of the games I list before you probably haven't played many. Most of the ICYMI articles are about games that I would say are reasonably well known. You do one about Enslaved, which I believe ended up in me picking it up, which is fairly popular in relation to many of the indies that just slip through the cracks. Yes, Enslaved didn't sell as well as Fallout and it's sitting under that threshold that influences you to write an article, but it's not The Way with 138 starts.

Sure, some of these games already get reviews, but lets look at some games.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Achievements This has sold decently, but still at only 2500 people and a 4.6/5 from the community, do you think maybe some more people might like to hear about this? There was a first impressions, but no review.

TowerFall Ascension Achievements So this has a site review and has a 4.4/5 from the community, but this has only been started by a few hundred people. I hear from PC friends this game is fun as shit in local coop. This is a great example. I don't see you writing an ICYMI on this simply because so few people have played it, and I would guess that you are not one of them since I have looked at your card before and you're not one of the small group of people on this site diving everything they can.

Hyper Light Drifter Achievements Again, no site review, but only 2600 starts and the people who start it seem to love it.

Furi Achievements 1200 starts. The people who start it seem to love it. Probably not going to show up in ICYMI when you're super excited for Sea of Thieves and A Way Out.

The Way Achievements 4.4/5 and 138 starts

Full Mojo Rampage Achievements 4.4/5 and 315 starts

Aaero Achievements 4.3/5 and 1742 starts

Headlander Achievements 4.2/5 and 485 starts

Armello Achievements 4.2/5 and 712 starts

Mages of Mystralia Achievements 4.2/5 and 226 starts

Darkest Dungeon Achievements

Night In The Woods: Weird Autumn Edition Achievements

Crypt of the NecroDancer Achievements

Anyways, I'm not going to list every game ever. I think you get my point. It's totally valid to say "Well these games are niche for a reason and if you told everyone to try it a lot of people wouldn't like it." However, I feel like when a game is pretty generally loved, but only started by a few people there are very likely more people out there that would say "OMG THANK YOU FOR POINTING THIS OUT!" You can't write a full article about all of these because you don't have the time, but maybe the community would like to know more about some of the cool games they're missing?

Yes, this is a site about achievements, but many of the people here play the game for fun primarily and don't whore for score and they would rather play a game for fun and get 50% completion rather than get 1000 score for $8 and have no fun at all.

Just saying I feel like some of these games deserve to be highlighted, at least as much as the easy games deserve to be highlighted. It would be easy to write a news article about some of the indie games that didn't sell super well, but people are generally enjoying.

OMG SO MUCH SHITPOST I VOICED AN OPINION AND GAVE REAL FEEDBACK ABOUT SOMETHING THAT I THINK COULD BE AN IMPROVEMENT!

Again, you do what you want. You're the newshound with limited time. Not me. But I think some people could find some cool games they hadn't tried. I generally try everything and it makes me sad sometimes when really good games aren't started by anyone just because they didn't get a ton of marketing or got released alongside a big RPG and everyone ignored the indies that week or any one of many reasons. The article could be similar to this one where you say "Hey we haven't played all of these, so in the case of Magical Drop we can't guarantee it's easy, but here's something that may be easy." It could say "Hey here are some games that are loved by the people who have started them. We haven't played them all and can't guarantee you will like them, but they are appealing to some people and if you enjoy the genre then you might like the game!"
    I AM PEKE?
  • GoyetteQCGoyetteQC1,326,572
    Posted on 03 March 18 at 07:54
    ^ I'm with you man, that's EXACTLY the sort of content I'd like to see. It breaks my heart to see so few have played Hyper Light Drifter, Lumo (well, this one got a boost since they added it to game pass), or the Shantae games.
    [Insert signature here.]
  • Posted on 03 March 18 at 16:53
    Lumo's Achievements are such a drag, but Shantae is definitely a recommendation from me.

I too personally feel that posting NeoGeo games as "easy completions as a whole" is false advertising as there are a few very tough ones thrown into the mix. Blazing Star being one of them and having it as the picture for the first "game" on the list is hilariously ironic. Now due to this article, and possibly others assuming people keep churning out things like this, others will buy games under the assumption that they are easy and will be misinformed. People seriously need to stop grouping them together.
    If you're reading this, you aren't hunting Achievements.
  • Posted on 03 March 18 at 17:23
    Krows Graveyard said:
    Blazing Star being one of them and having it as the picture for the first "game" on the list is hilariously ironic. Now due to this article, and possibly others assuming people keep churning out things like this, others will buy games under the assumption that they are easy and will be misinformed. People seriously need to stop grouping them together.
    Oops didn't realize that. I'd already removed the game from this list after initial feedback. Thanks for the heads up!
  • chrisarcadechrisarcade758,633
    Posted on 03 March 18 at 17:57
    GoyetteQC said:
    I'm sure some genius at some point in time will have the idea to sell achievements as DLC. Pay 10$ and you get all the achievements for a said game, no efforts required. A lot of people on here would jump on that train. When that happens, the gaming industry will be doomed.
    If they did that it would be stupid and I'd be done LOL. I don't think it will ever get to that though. (Fingers Crossed)
    Get yo gamerscore up! I get paid to vacation. Look at this--www.vacationsooner.com. Sponsor ID#62086344
  • chrisarcadechrisarcade758,633
    Posted on 03 March 18 at 18:07
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    Jasecw2 said:
    Jasecw2 said:
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    neeker75 said:
    Thank You for the reply if those are the only stats you use how could you have chose Blazing Star in the first place? only 14 people completed it (9%) and its completion estimate only had 2 ratings 1 for 2-3 hours and 1 for 4-5 hours. I'm not trying to give you a hard time about it but that seems like a very small sample size to form a opinion that a game is quick and easy gamerscore

Most ACA games are at least quick if not always easy, so I cross reference them as best I can, and remove them if I’ve made a mistake as some pointed out this time. These articles are easily added to or subtracted from when need be, I just rely on people telling me when the early stats don’t show the full story.
    I wanted to chime in on this. I think the only time you should post a game as "easy achievements" is if you've actually played it and KNOW for a fact that it's easy. I've also been caught buying a game based on this points system...thank goodness I actually like the game though. For future games though...play them and then let us know if it's easy or not..
    Get yo gamerscore up! I get paid to vacation. Look at this--www.vacationsooner.com. Sponsor ID#62086344
  • Posted on 04 March 18 at 18:52
    Might have to grab AofE now that I have a semi decent PC
  • neeker75neeker751,904,154
    Posted on 06 March 18 at 08:22, Edited on 30 May 18 at 01:52 by neeker75
    DiehardCrowd922 said:
    Might have to grab AofE now that I have a semi decent PC
    I use a laptop from two years ago, and it could run this game.
  • lfcjohnlfcjohn1,751,081
    Posted on 28 May 18 at 01:13
    neeker75 said:
    Wish i read it before my purchase. ><

Another game bought which may not start again.
    You'll never play alone.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads