The TrueAchievements Podcast

Forum for discussing the TrueAchievements Podcast - show feedback and new ideas

TA Podcast: Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Station, Claybook and Win a Game Code

  • DaveKineticDaveKinetic627,582
  • MexicanFlyerMexicanFlyer1,021,624
    Posted on 02 March 18 at 17:58
    What were the questions for the giveaway? Did I miss them?
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,593,930
    Posted on 02 March 18 at 18:48
    To be fair, I'm not sure what constitues "one of this week's questions" most of the time either. I usually listen to the podcast (haven't listened to this one yet), then see people comment about things that were said in the podcast, but nowhere did I hear that we were supposed to comment on that in particular. Maybe they just mean any topic that was brought up and discussed during the podcast? It's unclear to me.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • SwearySeanSwearySean1,023,622
    Posted on 02 March 18 at 19:03, Edited on 02 March 18 at 19:04 by SwearySean
    I reckon game pass will be a success but a price increase is only a matter of time surely.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • SwearySeanSwearySean1,023,622
    Posted on 02 March 18 at 19:06
    DancemaniaMania said:
    What were the questions for the giveaway? Did I miss them?
    Shinnizle said:
    To be fair, I'm not sure what constitues "one of this week's questions" most of the time either. I usually listen to the podcast (haven't listened to this one yet), then see people comment about things that were said in the podcast, but nowhere did I hear that we were supposed to comment on that in particular. Maybe they just mean any topic that was brought up and discussed during the podcast? It's unclear to me.
    I think it's the questions people send in.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • derektwopointohderektwopointoh1,162,958
    Posted on 02 March 18 at 19:50
    People will definitely be flocking to game pass now that it has Xbox exclusives. Hopefully they won’t raise the price though. I’d like to see a discounted bundle for both gold and game pass. They’ve probably shot themselves in the foot with all the one month codes floating around though.
  • Posted on 02 March 18 at 21:07
    HingedMonster said:
    DancemaniaMania said:
    What were the questions for the giveaway? Did I miss them?
    Shinnizle said:
    To be fair, I'm not sure what constitues "one of this week's questions" most of the time either. I usually listen to the podcast (haven't listened to this one yet), then see people comment about things that were said in the podcast, but nowhere did I hear that we were supposed to comment on that in particular. Maybe they just mean any topic that was brought up and discussed during the podcast? It's unclear to me.
    I think it's the questions people send in.
    Questions are submitted to TA podcast through Twitter. They ask for questions on Thursdays.
  • Posted on 02 March 18 at 22:18
    Bye Jack! wave
    Twitter: @TA_Treezy | Twitch: DatBoiTreezy | YouTube: Ash Treezy | "Wu-Tang is for the children" - ODB
  • Posted on 03 March 18 at 01:49, Edited on 03 March 18 at 03:06 by HawkeyeBarry20
    Thanks about the PSA on North. I’m going to try Brave and Blood Dragon and I imagine I’ll be more of a Brave kind of guy toolaugh

    I really like the idea of paying for a game in the preview program and getting a discount when the game gets a full release. You guys hit it right on the head, the player is the beta tester, the game might not be as polished as it will and you’re doing the game a solid by paying for it early so this seems like a win win for everyone.
  • MotivaSeanMotivaSean540,391
    Posted on 03 March 18 at 13:05
    Where were the achievement rules when WORLDS was made!? Devs who make uneven GS are not funny. Please stop.
  • BUSHEE BROWBUSHEE BROW948,917
    Posted on 03 March 18 at 13:46, Edited on 03 March 18 at 13:47 by BUSHEE BROW
    We are in a Gears of War forum. What does this post have to do with Gears 4?

    Dave, are you a shill for Microsoft? Do you get paid to post off topic treads in various forums?

    We post off topic and we get our butt in a sling for it.
  • Northern LassNorthern Lass1,442,606
    Posted on 03 March 18 at 16:07
    Re game pass being viable, I think with them adding all new Microsoft games, I think the strategy will be to release smaller games and then add in more dlc for there games.
    Northern Lass
  • Posted on 03 March 18 at 20:15
    BUSHEE BROW said:
    We are in a Gears of War forum. What does this post have to do with Gears 4?

    Dave, are you a shill for Microsoft? Do you get paid to post off topic treads in various forums?

    We post off topic and we get our butt in a sling for it.
    They spoke about the new achievements in Gears 4 - Gears of War 4's March Update Achievements Revealed
    Twitter: @TA_Treezy | Twitch: DatBoiTreezy | YouTube: Ash Treezy | "Wu-Tang is for the children" - ODB
  • Posted on 04 March 18 at 16:36, Edited on 04 March 18 at 16:36 by JuicyUrchin498
    Game Pass is a great deal and a lot of people will buy it thanks to the exclusives but if they raise the price then fewer people will buy it and they will lose a lot of customers.
  • RyenovskyRyenovsky16,139
    Posted on 04 March 18 at 18:43
    HingedMonster said:
    I reckon game pass will be a success but a price increase is only a matter of time surely.
    I wouldn't mind. For the content you get, I'd be willing to pay more, especially since all of the new Microsoft games are gonna launch with it. Just wish it was like the PS Now library. That has over 600 games or something ridiculous.
  • taximiketaximike428,914
    Posted on 05 March 18 at 07:53
    Id get game pass if i didnt already have most of the games. Maybe when sea of thieves comes out would be a good way to play early.
  • KingyOwlKingyOwl548,587
    Posted on 05 March 18 at 15:00
    I agree with Rich about Rise of the Tomb Raider not feeling as amazing as the first, I still need to go back and complete the endurance DLC and am hoping the upcoming movie will motivate me to do so!

    On the subject of game pass, I'm still cautious, I like to feel like I own something, even if it's just a licence and don't even rent music via these services. I also believe a price rise is inevitable and having already subscribed to gold, he monthly fee adds up!
  • Posted on 05 March 18 at 18:18
    W.O.R.L.D.S: Win Own Reinvent Live Discover Sim has 100 achievements!? This is a free game, so it must be a lot of grinding. I don't even want to download it because of the fear that I might accidentally unlock an achievement! I wish I could delete achievements from my Xbox account. I have one achievement unlocked from both Gears of War (Xbox 360) and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Xbox One). Those are 200 hour games!
  • KingyOwlKingyOwl548,587
    Posted on 06 March 18 at 10:23
    RepentantHades7 said:
    W.O.R.L.D.S: Win Own Reinvent Live Discover Sim has 100 achievements!? This is a free game, so it must be a lot of grinding. I don't even want to download it because of the fear that I might accidentally unlock an achievement! I wish I could delete achievements from my Xbox account. I have one achievement unlocked from both Gears of War (Xbox 360) and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Xbox One). Those are 200 hour games!
    I genuinely would play that game if it was 1,000GS. Not touching it with a random 48GS extra!
  • MakeMeACoffeeMakeMeACoffee1,209,820
    Posted on 06 March 18 at 10:37
    I think the new game pass is a way to get money out of people for mediocre games.

    Sea of thieves looks like it would perform terribly at retail (I don't see the appeal at all and it seems destined to be a cult hit enjoyed by a small vocal minority).

    Crackdown 3 feels doomed already with nothing concrete to see so close to release.

    I see people saying that the new game pass model will allow them to play these games day one for a "low price", I personally think they are being conned out of money in the first place. The games probably aren't worth buying full whack in the first place. In particular, I'm basing my opinion on the gears of war 4 season pass from MS. I bought it on a sale early on - but then realized it is (effectively) completely worthless.

    I've been fooled once, I won't be fooled again.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.