Game Discussion: W.O.R.L.D.S: Win Own Reinvent Live Discover Sim (Win 10) Forum

Use for scrolls

AuthorMessage
Senior Chupon
Senior Chupon
Posted on 02 March 18 at 21:57
Any use for these? I've received a few but I can't figure out what to do with them. I have the Library but all I can do is view them and/or sell for a small number of coins.
AndreiDutu
AndreiDutu
Posted on 02 March 18 at 22:16
You can use them at the academy where you can add a scroll to a worker
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 02 March 18 at 22:26
I complained to them about the Library - it's utterly useless.

As mentioned, you can use the scroll to REPLACE a profession, but the higher the rarity the more it costs. It's mainly if you want to permanently reassign a person to a particular resource.
Senior Chupon
Senior Chupon
Posted on 02 March 18 at 22:46
Ah, didn't check the Academy, thanks. So is it possible to add professions? We have several slots per person but only one is unlocked.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 02 March 18 at 23:54, Edited on 02 March 18 at 23:54 by Shadow Kisuragi
Not possible to add - they have to be unlocked with each level up of a Worker, and then modified.
QuickMythril
QuickMythril
Posted on 02 March 18 at 23:56
you have to level someone up enough to unlock a slot, which will be the profession of whatever they were doing when they leveled. oddly, you could spend 99% of the time making lumber then craft pottery once, level up and be proficient in pottery.

I think the point is that slot is now available for reassignment using the scrolls. i'd imagine after leveling up enough you would unlock the remaining slots so you could be a jack of all trades, or potentially a master of one. there are at least 3 different bonuses which can earn gold, reduce time, or increase experience earned for each item made. you should be able to stack those eventually.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 03 March 18 at 00:01
I think a Tier 2 rarity costs 500-some coins to assign. Haven't checked the Tier 3 rarities that I have currently.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 08 March 18 at 03:01
Just wanted to respond back to this...

You get your first profession slot and profession for free at Level 2, which is 100% experience towards that profession. After that however, ever time you max out a Level you need to upgrade your worker at the Academy. It requires, for now, resources that aren't available in the game, or Crystals to skip those resources, to unlock the next slot, which you then have to train the worker in via the scrolls.

Tier 5 scrolls cost 4000+ coins to train, for reference.
xXOdessaXx
xXOdessaXx
Posted on 13 March 18 at 22:16
Doesn't sound to me like I'd want to switch any profession. I came here to find out if I should keep or sell the scrolls in the library. If I'm understanding it correctly (50% chance) the scrolls are just for changing the profession. Is that correct?
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 13 March 18 at 23:16
The scrolls are for changing profession, and for gaining a bonus for that particular profession based on the rarity of the scroll, such as a 40% reduction in production time for that profession. I'm currently using the scrolls to get better bonuses, and to swap out professions for the later buildings where I don't want to use the resources to get the bonus, but need them for Expeditions.
xXOdessaXx
xXOdessaXx
Posted on 13 March 18 at 23:35
Oh jeez. I wish they had some sort of wiki at least. Thank you so much.
smrnov
smrnov
Posted on 10 April 18 at 16:02
I paid crystals to make one of my workers level 3. He has "Effectivity Master" which is 20% quicker production in any building, which makes him eligible to always go on the expeditions.

In his second slot I gave him "Famous Explorer" which is 20% quicker expedition time. However, the short expeditions are still 4 hours.

Has anyone gotten this scenario to work? At this point it was a waste of crystals...
shelbygt5252
shelbygt5252
Posted on 12 April 18 at 03:36
smrnov said:
I paid crystals to make one of my workers level 3. He has "Effectivity Master" which is 20% quicker production in any building, which makes him eligible to always go on the expeditions.

In his second slot I gave him "Famous Explorer" which is 20% quicker expedition time. However, the short expeditions are still 4 hours.

Has anyone gotten this scenario to work? At this point it was a waste of crystals...
I have a similar setup, but with 40% off expedition. It works for me, with about 2 hours 40 minutes for the short, and ~6hours for the medium.
smrnov
smrnov
Posted on 12 April 18 at 16:11
Ok-- thanks for the response. If I get a better % to give him in the second slot I can try to see if that helps, but the 20% is doing nothing unfortunately. Trying to save my crystals for warehouse upgrades.
xXOdessaXx
xXOdessaXx
Posted on 19 April 18 at 19:59
Do we know when they will add the items to upgrade our workers? Trying to save my gems for the upgrade and then open slots to produce items.
cccuaresma1
cccuaresma1
Posted on 23 April 18 at 07:46
Has anyone tried to stack the Famous, Experienced and Novice Explorers to reduce the expedition time? Each of them has 10% deduction to exploration time, so I was wondering if they are meant to be stacked since they have the roman numerals I, II, and III in their icons.
Save on WP games with #RedStripeDeals, now with Xbox mode for TrueAchievers: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=9701dbea-ae06-42f6-adf9-56a7cf029161
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.