The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: March 6th, 2018

AuthorMessage
The Noto
The Noto
Posted on 06 March 18 at 16:19
This might be a dumb question. I have a MS Account balance of like $10.75. I went to buy Deus Ex, but because I didn't have "enough" it charged the whole thing to my card and I still have my account balance.

I don't have my One in front of me. I just ordered this on my work PC. I want to buy Rise of the Tomb Raider as well, if I buy it from my One console, will it grab my account balance and charge me the difference?
ParadoxReal8
ParadoxReal8
Posted on 06 March 18 at 16:55
@ The Noto Strange... Normally, for me, it give the option to start with the balance. Yes, you will be able to choose.
The Noto
The Noto
Posted on 06 March 18 at 17:04
ParadoxReal8 said:
@ The Noto Strange... Normally, for me, it give the option to start with the balance. Yes, you will be able to choose.
Yeah, I thought it strange too. But I don't know if it's a webstore issue or not.

I'll check it out tonight.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 06 March 18 at 17:13
IRISH PATRIOT x said:
I went to buy Q.U.B.E and it said I already own it. Went to ready to install and there it was. Seems my compulsive buying has won again.
That's happened to me quite a few times. laugh
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 06 March 18 at 17:28, Edited on 06 March 18 at 17:32 by HolyHalfDead
The Noto said:
This might be a dumb question. I have a MS Account balance of like $10.75. I went to buy Deus Ex, but because I didn't have "enough" it charged the whole thing to my card and I still have my account balance.

I don't have my One in front of me. I just ordered this on my work PC. I want to buy Rise of the Tomb Raider as well, if I buy it from my One console, will it grab my account balance and charge me the difference?
Yes, split store credit payments can only be done on the console.

Somewhat unrelated, I just found $28 store credit on my account from XB Rewards. I've been trying to redeem that for years and it finally came through in October. Looks like they have finally fixed the system, so I will start doing the survey each month again to get 25 cents (you can get $3 in a year).
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
illyTheKid TM
illyTheKid TM
Posted on 06 March 18 at 17:40
Does anyone know if original xbox games have been on sale? Like Ninja Gaiden?
Reina Watt
Reina Watt
Posted on 06 March 18 at 19:33
Tempted to get the Marvel Ultimate Alliance bundle, I played and completed both on the 360 years ago and I did enjoy them. Wonder if they're worth getting again.
Why get a life when as a gamer you live more lives than you can manage
The Noto
The Noto
Posted on 06 March 18 at 20:24
HolyHalfDead said:
Yes, split store credit payments can only be done on the console.
Thank you, sir!

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 06 March 18 at 21:38
Friendly reminder that all the Activision games on sale are junk.

The PROTOTYPE and Ultimate Alliance ports are half-assed and barely look better than the original releases, if at all. In fact, PROTOTYPE 2 manages to RUN WORSE than the original 360 release. Which is sad because all of those games are worth playing again many years later.... except PROTOTYPE 2, that game blew ass.

And of course Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 is just a notch below a lobotomy in terms of fun factor.

But hey it's your money.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 06 March 18 at 22:11, Edited on 06 March 18 at 22:12 by HolyHalfDead
illyTheKid TM said:
Does anyone know if original xbox games have been on sale? Like Ninja Gaiden?
Not thought about it before, but we don’t have an Xbox Sale Roundup news item on TA. However TA doesn’t really cover games that don’t have achievements.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 06 March 18 at 22:13
Oh oh. Hell is about to freeze over. Not one GTA item on sale this week clap
assassinDMG
assassinDMG
Posted on 06 March 18 at 22:35
Got Life is Strange, Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments and Q.U.B.E.

Thinking about Momonga Pinball Adventures too.
TheIrishBeast
TheIrishBeast
Posted on 06 March 18 at 23:43
Doominatorx6 said:
Friendly reminder that all the Activision games on sale are junk.
And of course Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 is just a notch below a lobotomy in terms of fun factor.
But hey it's your money.
Today I had a strong feeling that I really wanted THPS5, probably the nostalgia thats pulling me into making a purchase, despite knowing Acti and how terrible 99% of their games are.

Would the power of X improve its performance issues, glitches etc, or is that just wishful thinking?
XI AlphaMale IX
Posted on 07 March 18 at 00:45
Falcon12727 said:
Thinking about getting Thief (missed it when it was GWG), but not sure with all the negative reviews.
Thief is awesome, eff the haters.
TenFootBunny
TenFootBunny
Posted on 07 March 18 at 02:02
CODYWWE24 said:
I just bought Dying Light Enhanced bundle. I never played it, been wanting to. I loved Dead Island and I hear it is even better. Can't wait to play.
Have fun with that! I thought the Dead Island games were misery-inducing streams of bullshart, yet Dying Light is the polished turd of legend - a uniquely clever display of human ingenuity and creativity, and a thrill to kick around for a while. wink Seriously, it's one of the most enjoyable games of this generation, and The Following ranks among the best DLCs ever released. Shame that Bozak Horde is among the worst, but let's try to forget that happened, shall we?
Sjanna Banana
Sjanna Banana
Posted on 07 March 18 at 07:56
Oh, why can't I resist sales? I've picked up JC2, JC3xl, Deus Ex MD deluxe and Q.U.B.E.

Now how am I ever going to play my way through this massive pile of games i've been hoarding... ¯\_( '.' )_/¯
LuckyKant
LuckyKant
Posted on 07 March 18 at 08:56, Edited on 07 March 18 at 08:57 by LuckyKant
Sjanna Banana said:
Oh, why can't I resist sales? I've picked up JC2, JC3xl, Deus Ex MD deluxe and Q.U.B.E.

Now how am I ever going to play my way through this massive pile of games i've been hoarding... ¯\_( '.' )_/¯
I had a similar issue but curbed it by creating a list using set criteria. The criteria I use, with examples:
- First / next game in a series where I have a later version via GWG etc. e.g. Fable Anniversary is on my list as I obtained Fable II via GWG
- Quick 1000G and looks half decent enough to play, waiting for a sale e.g. Fearful Symmetry and the Cursed Prince
- I own the DLC already from an older tag or played the game from an old tag e.g. Need for Speed The Run
- Released in the year 2006, and interest me e.g. Gun. This method has allowed me to go through the games released per year and clear out the older games. 2005 has been completed.

I created a blog list of the games and added them to my wishlist so I get notified of games that are digital only on sale.

I have stuck to this and my backlog getting smaller. Games only get cheaper or as GWG. I have been rebuying sold finished games to build up a physical collection instead.
This post may be sarcastic.
Dean Helsley
Dean Helsley
Posted on 07 March 18 at 18:36
Brushwagg42 said:
Sherlock Holmes games worth getting at these prices?
I think so. I really enjoyed both titles. The only negative thing for me was the long load times between locations, and that wasn't too bad unless I had to revisit a location for one quick thing and then go somewhere else.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 07 March 18 at 19:34
Musikfreak007 said:
toast oh well. at least there's beer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVwR0rw5fk
Iggsy81
Iggsy81
Posted on 07 March 18 at 20:36
Surprised no one mentioned Divinity Original Sin; seems like a good price ?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.