Game Discussion: Ryse: Son of Rome Forum

Installation Stopped Issue

AuthorMessage
NicoleRenee00
NicoleRenee00
Posted on 06 March 18 at 00:50
So I bought a physical copy for cheap not too long ago and tried to install it. It was working fine, no connection issues or anything, until it suddenly stopped installing. I continued it, only to have the issue pop up again every minute or two. Basically, the game only installs at 0.1% at a time and I have to keep pressing resume every minute.

I've tried looking at some fixes, like downloading offline or restarting my Xbox, but nothing has worked so far. Can anyone help with this?
John m GTR
John m GTR
Posted on 06 March 18 at 17:48
Is the disc in poor condition? I have had disks install up to a certain point before then not work and it was always because of a scratch or damage to a disc.

Only other problem I can think of is that you do not have enough memory on your hard drive for the content and the updates.
NicoleRenee00
NicoleRenee00
Posted on 06 March 18 at 22:10
Definitely not a memory problem, I cleared a few games just to be sure. The disk isn't in perfect condition, but I did clean it. It hasn't stopped the game from pausing on itself though. I haven't reached a point where it stopped going up though either.
Living Legends
Posted on 06 March 18 at 22:57
Find the game in the store. You can download it through there if the cd is inside the disc trsy. Game wont play without the disc
NicoleRenee00
NicoleRenee00
Posted on 07 March 18 at 00:00
I did and it said not sold separately. Won't let me download that way
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 07 March 18 at 00:15
I had the same issue with Forza Horizon 3. I tried in a different Xbox and had the same problem, so it's something wrong with the disc.

If the game is recognised from the disc you should just be able to download it...otherwise I can't play FH3.
Here be dragons.
Living Legends
Posted on 07 March 18 at 00:21
Yup. Had to do it with gta v recently and the xbox recognized the disc and let me instsll it from the store.
Proscaline
Proscaline
Posted on 07 March 18 at 00:33
In case you haven't tried:

http://m.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/How_to_do_a_Hard_Restart_on_...
NicoleRenee00
NicoleRenee00
Posted on 07 March 18 at 00:37
Thanks. Tried a hard reset and it didn't work. Best bet is probably cleaning the disk again and hoping for the best. It got to 57 percent and paused for good now.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.