Game Discussion: Gears of War 4 Forum

Flaming Skins

AuthorMessage
The Jobbymaster
Posted on 24 March 18 at 07:51
waiting on this to get my 100% back. Lesson learned, login do the event for skins. Who only knows what crazyness they will add again!
AceMcCloud
AceMcCloud
Posted on 25 March 18 at 11:12
So glad I logged in on that day just for the Flaming Lancer, means once they do finally get these two Valentines Day Flaming Skins out I'll have the achievement.

Still, to be on the safe side will keep listening out for further events, just in case in June or later they add a "Complete the Flaming Weapon skin set" or "Complete the Midnight Omen weapon skin set". Wouldn't put anything past them. After not bothering with the Flaming Skins (except the login Lancer) until they added the achievement, don't want to get caught out like that again.
AceMcCloud
MC6117
MC6117
Posted on 26 March 18 at 19:40
just got the flaming enforcer and the torque bow today
sapper mac.
NeM2K
Posted on 26 March 18 at 22:06
MC6117 said:
Got mine too, glad to get that cheevo out of the way finally
XBox Assassin83
Posted on 27 March 18 at 05:56
NeM2K said:
MC6117 said:
yeah, i got mine and the achievement finally 😐
AceMcCloud
AceMcCloud
Posted on 27 March 18 at 10:44
XBox Assassin83 said:
NeM2K said:
MC6117 said:
yeah, i got mine and the achievement finally 😐
Me three, also glad to finally have this one.

I wonder what achievements they'll inflict on us in June.
Still better be safe than sorry and do the events, wonder if they'll redo all the Flaming Weapon skins from before December.
AceMcCloud
Ron Jeremy R6
Ron Jeremy R6
Posted on 27 March 18 at 20:40
AceMcCloud said:
So glad I logged in on that day just for the Flaming Lancer, means once they do finally get these two Valentines Day Flaming Skins out I'll have the achievement.

Still, to be on the safe side will keep listening out for further events, just in case in June or later they add a "Complete the Flaming Weapon skin set" or "Complete the Midnight Omen weapon skin set". Wouldn't put anything past them. After not bothering with the Flaming Skins (except the login Lancer) until they added the achievement, don't want to get caught out like that again.
what's this login lancer you are talking about?
XBox Assassin83
Posted on 28 March 18 at 06:52
Ron Jeremy R6 said:
AceMcCloud said:

Gears 11th Anniversary was back in early October and if you were fortunate enough to play that day you were awarded the Flaming Lancer.
FTV Leviathan
FTV Leviathan
Posted on 28 March 18 at 07:08
Does anyone else have an issue with this just not unlocking? I've collected the Flaming Lancer, Boomshot, Dropshot, Torque Bow, and Enforcer.. But no achievement.. shock
n4k3dLEE
n4k3dLEE
Posted on 28 March 18 at 14:18
FTV Leviathan said:
Does anyone else have an issue with this just not unlocking? I've collected the Flaming Lancer, Boomshot, Dropshot, Torque Bow, and Enforcer.. But no achievement.. shock
Try equipping them on every character (Cog, Swarm, Horde etc) then if your tracker still hasn't moved, reboot the game.

That usually works for me with the skin achievements but doesn't work for everyone unfortunately.
XBox Assassin83
Posted on 29 March 18 at 03:57
n4k3dLEE said:
FTV Leviathan said:
Try equipping them on every character (Cog, Swarm, Horde etc) then if your tracker still hasn't moved, reboot the game.

That usually works for me with the skin achievements but doesn't work for everyone unfortunately.
Unfortunately he scrapped lancer, boom, and. drop before these last 2 were released....... not sure if that is the reason he's not getting progress passed 60%.
n4k3dLEE
n4k3dLEE
Posted on 29 March 18 at 07:28
^ Ah sounds like it will be. I have a friend in the same situation. He's at 40% and should be at 80% but scrapped skins.

I said this to him as well but I'm not sure why anyone would scrap skins, especially the ones with achievements tied to them.
FTV Leviathan
FTV Leviathan
Posted on 30 March 18 at 01:49, Edited on 30 March 18 at 02:00 by FTV Leviathan
n4k3dLEE said:
^ Ah sounds like it will be. I have a friend in the same situation. He's at 40% and should be at 80% but scrapped skins.

I said this to him as well but I'm not sure why anyone would scrap skins, especially the ones with achievements tied to them.
I still have the lancer, and as for the scrapping I believed I was safe because I scrapped Midnight Omen skins and still unlocked the achievement normally.
I'm okay with waiting though there is another event right around the corner.
Lesson learned laugh
Ron Jeremy R6
Ron Jeremy R6
Posted on 31 March 18 at 15:10
XBox Assassin83 said:
Ron Jeremy R6 said:
AceMcCloud said:

Gears 11th Anniversary was back in early October and if you were fortunate enough to play that day you were awarded the Flaming Lancer.
a ok, must have totally missed it then..
BaronVoNewman
BaronVoNewman
Posted on 02 April 18 at 00:48
Flaming skins are coming back late april and will return every 1.5-2 months for events
Bvn
XBox Assassin83
Posted on 01 May 18 at 14:26
Just a friendly reminder that the 2vs2 Challenges to earn the remaining 3 Flaming Skins and a 2nd opportunity to earn the Flaming aka Login Lancer starts later today. smile
xLAx JesteR
xLAx JesteR
Posted on 01 May 18 at 16:11
XBox Assassin83 said:
Just a friendly reminder that the 2vs2 Challenges to earn the remaining 3 Flaming Skins and a 2nd opportunity to earn the Flaming aka Login Lancer starts later today. smile
Is this correct. Any idea what time this goes live
n4k3dLEE
n4k3dLEE
Posted on 01 May 18 at 17:42
There was an update for the game this evening but no event & nothing in the message of the day to say there will be.

Taken from gearsofwar.com:- https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/community/whatsup-apr26-2018

'We're excited to confirm that our first 2v2 event with arrive next week with two brand new challenges for the remaining 3 Flaming Weapon Skins and a bonus opportunity to pick up the Flaming Lancer. The challenges for this event will use the same system we used for Griffin - as soon as you complete your challenge, you'll be able to add your Reward skins directly to your inventory through GearsofWar.com. We'll have all the info on our first 2v2 event in next week's What's Up.'

Sounds to me like we'll get more info on Thursday with this weeks 'What's up Gears' with the challenges starting on Friday.
XBox Assassin83
Posted on 01 May 18 at 17:46
I just downloaded the update but theres nothing new....what gives?
blargy118
blargy118
Posted on 01 May 18 at 22:45
Anyone up for joining on some gears this week. Message me up or add us up. And to do some 2v2 when its live
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.