Game Discussion: Gears of War 4 Forum

Can't find any competitive matches...

AuthorMessage
KontoGR
KontoGR
Posted on 16 March 18 at 07:33
few days ago i was i queue for 1h 40m, i left the game on purpose to see if i can find a match. this is ridiculous
BUSHEE BROW
BUSHEE BROW
Posted on 16 March 18 at 22:44
You people need to join a boosting session. There are 2 listed for tonight.

Every day there are 2 or 3 going on. That is how we did it.
Destro WOD
Destro WOD
Posted on 19 March 18 at 05:42
I am in Quebec Canada, i can find matches either in afternoon or evenings. It usually take 2-3 mins to load the first match but after that it seem to roll faster.

I would recommand to play in the evening in your region, you will have better chances. But ill admit those modes may very well not be popular in Germany and Australia. I am "lucky" cause where i live i am matched with the US east population... so its a pretty big pool of players.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 19 March 18 at 06:11
The Dev's themselves released a list detailing what lobbies you should search in what region. Australasia? Social only. Every other region had playlists they considered usable.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Destro WOD
Destro WOD
Posted on 19 March 18 at 22:38
Sucks for the peoples who legitly enjoy competitive or want there achievement.
Aura Battler
Aura Battler
Posted on 27 June 19 at 06:41
I rarely could find a match. Mostly I tried to find a match, it's over 1 hour but still no luck, that's ridiculous. Problem started when they cancelled the region selection and let the game search by itself.
Rainbowtime
Posted on 20 August 19 at 21:08
I live in New Zealand - i've ranked up to 100 on social only and have never played a single competitive match on Gears 4. I actually just thought it didnt work or something until i read this thread. Turns out I'm just the loneliest gears vet in the world or something.
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 26 August 19 at 08:58
Although I suck at competitive modes, I do like to at least try every now and then.

https://streamable.com/v3wwp

But when you can be waiting for up to 40 minutes, only for the timer to reset because someone backs out, it is absolute bullshit and asking for any type of assistance from the developers during a livestream will get you nothing because they are all hard at work on making Gears 5 the best experience. Pretty sure they said the same thing about Gears of War 4.
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 28 August 19 at 20:52
FUCK YEAH!!!

The current Ranked Season will continue through to January 2020. In January 2020, with the vast majority of the game’s population moving to Gears 5, we will be removing all aspects of Ranked play from Gears 4.

In its place will be a new series of playlists across Core and Competitive. These playlists will have relaxed latency and skill rating rules for matchmaking to make finding matches easier in a significantly reduced population. With Ranking removed, all quit penalties will be disabled.
https://www.gears5.com/whatsup-aug28-2019

But why didn’t they do this earlier?
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 29 August 19 at 08:02
So we might be able to find a game with only 14 hours of searching now! Can't wait!

Honestly though this better help.
Ron Jeremy R6
Ron Jeremy R6
Posted on 29 August 19 at 12:23
Yummy Baklava said:
FUCK YEAH!!!

But why didn’t they do this earlier?
E-sports dude, it's all about the E-sports..
StormyJam2990
StormyJam2990
Posted on 14 September 19 at 07:59
Can anyone help me find a dodgeball game, only need one more for the rank
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 15 September 19 at 02:46
Elyoh said:
So we might be able to find a game with only 14 hours of searching now! Can't wait!

But I doubt they will lift my ban for boosting to get a match started in New Zealand, even though the changes sound like the penalties will also be removed for new players.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 15 September 19 at 05:26
HolyHalfDead said:
Elyoh said:

But I doubt they will lift my ban for boosting to get a match started in New Zealand, even though the changes sound like the penalties will also be removed for new players.
I hope they do mate. Especially as you were a giant red flag for the rest of us, would be nice if we could get it reverted for you.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.