Game Discussion: TT Isle of Man

Game to hard?

• DrSchmockDrSchmock426,181
    Posted on 08 March 18 at 08:49Permalink
    Hi there.

Did you also struggling with the game, because the computer drives like insane on the easiest difficulty mode?I think i drive not bad and i also can win a lot of races in the career mode on the middle difficulty mode.But when i drive the complete TT course i never get a better time than 20 minutes and some seconds.So i never had a chance to win the TT. I drive in the helmet camera, because i think it makes the game easier.When i was drive in third person, i have problems to find the right spot to put down in the curve input.

If you have some good tips for me please write me here in the forum. Thank you
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 March 18 at 12:33Permalink
    DrSchmock

It is an simulation motorcycle game
    Do not expect much
    Do you remember the younger old days on the ps2
  • Barters81Barters815,256
    Posted on 17 April 18 at 03:31Permalink
    After a few days I'm starting to get into a groove and getting faster.

I think it is probably a little too difficult at this point. I say that as there seems to be no difference between Easy and Medium in the difficulty. I've no problems with a bike game being difficult....if you're set at Hard, on simulation physics. But if you set it at Easy, with a lot of assists, it shouldn't be very difficult to at least be competitive.

That said, the difficulty has pushed me to be a better rider. I've realized now after playing in 3rd person for a little bit how the rider moves around the bike. You can't see it in first person very well. It is important to know where the body weight of the rider is when turning as it will affect the bike differently.

Finally, it's all about knowing the track.
  • DrummerDrummer1,176,321
    Posted on 31 January 20 at 16:30Permalink
    This Game is pretty hard and i doubt alot of casual Players who got it with Gold this month can enjoy it. I couldnt even Finish my First Race becaus i get Crashed by the ai and then im in Last place
  • Posted on 02 February 20 at 08:41Permalink
    I don't know if I would call the game hard per-say, completely frustrating absolutely, but *if* you can get a clean run in you will get 1st on easy for the most part. Though this game has no need to be a simulation game. Like playing this game does not make me want to watch the Isle of Man or whatever this is suppose to be and the game is frustrating in that I want to drive the bike as if it were a car. Which means I want to use the curbs, slam on the brakes before a turn, actually be able to counter steer out of a loss of traction, you know basic car things. You can't do that on a bike, not these anyway. As far as I'm aware, the second your bike tyre has started to slide, you might as well hit the start button and restart as you don't have enough in the way of controls to get out of it.

Also, why they don't give you the time you are trying to beat in staggered start races is really annoying, especially as you can't restart after finishing.

Oh and the AI take the weirdest lines. Like they will go fast in and slow out of a corner and they seemingly have no clue you exist, which means they will run into the back of you at every opportunity they get....
    Let's Go!
  • Posted on 02 February 20 at 08:44Permalink
    A casual player looking for a fun racing game will not enjoy this. Hell, Trackmania Turbo is a far better game for the casual player than this and that is one of the hardest games I've ever 100%ed. But at least with that game, it feels a lot more fair and like you actually control what's happening
    Let's Go!
  • Sol76Sol76709,108
    Posted on 03 February 20 at 05:02Permalink
    I think it is hard but not too hard , frustrating? Yes. Getting some good laps in and being hit by an A.I. driver and losing a good position is common and getting a high side for no apparent reason happened more than once. Also the lack of progress is demotivating. With a couple of wins and some good and bad results ( because of the mentioned fellow kamikaze drivers on track ) I only gathered a couple of thousand “fans” . After a couple of hours I have no feeling of getting anywhere.
    Too bad , because the game itself is not so bad , but with a couple of changes it could be more casual and make it more “fun” to race.
  • Darklord1899Darklord1899361,809
    Posted on 04 February 20 at 22:33Permalink
    Graphically jaw dropping. Amazing feeling of speed.

Interesting.

A bit too hard.

Online DEAD.
  • Posted on 05 February 20 at 02:18Permalink
    This is a really really bad game no joke i would stay away from this unless you know how to properly play this bad choice for gold imo
  • Tendoman77Tendoman771,964,424
  • haugse23haugse2385,551
    Posted on 05 February 20 at 06:08Permalink
    WavedArtist95 said:
    This is a really really bad game no joke i would stay away from this unless you know how to properly play this bad choice for gold imo
    Just because you suck at it doesn't mean its a bad game.
  • haugse23haugse2385,551
    Posted on 05 February 20 at 06:10Permalink
    Christoph 5782 said:
    I don't know if I would call the game hard per-say, completely frustrating absolutely, but *if* you can get a clean run in you will get 1st on easy for the most part. Though this game has no need to be a simulation game. Like playing this game does not make me want to watch the Isle of Man or whatever this is suppose to be and the game is frustrating in that I want to drive the bike as if it were a car. Which means I want to use the curbs, slam on the brakes before a turn, actually be able to counter steer out of a loss of traction, you know basic car things. You can't do that on a bike, not these anyway. As far as I'm aware, the second your bike tyre has started to slide, you might as well hit the start button and restart as you don't have enough in the way of controls to get out of it.

Also, why they don't give you the time you are trying to beat in staggered start races is really annoying, especially as you can't restart after finishing.

Oh and the AI take the weirdest lines. Like they will go fast in and slow out of a corner and they seemingly have no clue you exist, which means they will run into the back of you at every opportunity they get....
    They don't give you a time to beat because you are racing at the same time as the other racers.
  • Posted on 05 February 20 at 09:36Permalink
    haugse23 said:
    They don't give you a time to beat because you are racing at the same time as the other racers.
    Once you get past the first like 3 races that's just not true. You will have like 5-6 racers in your group going at the same time, but your time will be compared to 10-24 of them.

Though in playing the game, I found out why they don't give you the times to beat. That's because those rider times depend directly on both your time and what the other riders in your heat got. Meaning that you could crush the AI in your heat by over a minute, but somehow only win the round by 2-5 seconds. I'd say that's incredibly stupid, but it's probably because they don't actually understand how to simulate a time. For instance, Ima leave a game clip of the simulated AI in finishing up the last part of a mass start race to see how bad they blantantly cheat: Christoph 5782 playing TT Isle of Man

Honestly, this game might be one of the worst put together racing games I've ever played that's on a list compared to Micro Machines World Series and Rock N Racing Off Road DX....
    Let's Go!
  • ShinnizleShinnizle810,335
  • Posted on 06 February 20 at 12:25, Edited on 06 February 20 at 12:25 by RallyForLifePermalink
    the game its a really good… and hard,yes.need practice for win TT 3 times,but you pay better.Farm 3000km,1,000,000$ xD,good luck alls,
    Posted on 06 February 20 at 14:04Permalink
    RallyForLife#742 said:
    the game its a really good… and hard,yes.need practice for win TT 3 times,but you pay better.Farm 3000km,1,000,000$ xD,good luck alls,
    Its hard to even do any race that takes too long, especially the 3 lappers around any of the 3+ min tracks.

Are you suppose to win every race or will consistant Top 3 finishes be good enough? If its the latter I may feel better about continuing this game at long last.
  • Posted on 06 February 20 at 14:58Permalink
    Tendoman77 said:
    RallyForLife#742 said:
    Its hard to even do any race that takes too long, especially the 3 lappers around any of the 3+ min tracks.

Are you suppose to win every race or will consistant Top 3 finishes be good enough? If its the latter I may feel better about continuing this game at long last.
    the game is kind of frustrating but it's like all the style of these games, you must go at maximum speed and never crash, everything is practical... I don't know if you played the DiRT games but these are like this, in the final events they're hell to win first place
    Posted on 06 February 20 at 15:06, Edited on 06 February 20 at 15:07 by Tendoman77Permalink
    Oh I played them all cept for Dirt Rally 2, trust me, and obviously cept for the Rally sub-series they all been quite easy to handle in general.

Plus don't forget the flashback/rewind feature, that was in the main Dirt games but is completely absent from TT.
  • Posted on 06 February 20 at 16:37Permalink
    Tendoman77 said:
    Oh I played them all cept for Dirt Rally 2, trust me, and obviously cept for the Rally sub-series they all been quite easy to handle in general.

Plus don't forget the flashback/rewind feature, that was in the main Dirt games but is completely absent from TT.
    Dirt 4 doesn't have that thing,that pity,I'm already going for 3 try in the rally series... this game at least has few achievements and you can do many in the TT,which is practical and have eagle eye, but this will take a long time...
  • Posted on 06 February 20 at 22:37Permalink
    RallyForLife#742 said:
    Tendoman77 said:
    RallyForLife#742 said:

the game is kind of frustrating but it's like all the style of these games, you must go at maximum speed and never crash, everything is practical... I don't know if you played the DiRT games but these are like this, in the final events they're hell to win first place
    No, this is nothing like DiRT Rally, Seb Loeb Rally, or even Trackmainia Turbo. Those were video games and fun ones at that. This is a poorly built and designed game to the point where the carrer mode is an absolute joke, the AI are completely inconsistent to where they can be gods on an A lvl Mass Start race, and then absolutely horrible on another A lvl Mass Start race on the same bloody track, skipping to the final results after finishing can make the AI finish with unrealistic or sometimes impossible times to where skipping to the end of a mass start race after finishing first will often magically make you not finish first... I can go on....

You should never completely sacrifice fun for realism. At the end of the day, a game should be fun to play and it's not. You spend 10 minutes driving by yourself hoping the chain of 4+ drivers all bunched up together aren't close enough to you where they are actually ahead of you in the time trial, whilst trying to make sure your bike doesn't lose traction despite having full traction control on, making sure your front tyre doesn't lock dispite having full ABS on, as that's not fun. Also the game loves to crash, but I'm still on the launch model of this console so I'll give that a pass for this argument.

If you're going to make a game on an event that's around about as popular as curling, the goal should be to get people to play and enjoy your game enough to want to watch the actual sport. Codemasters did that with Rally and Rallycross, and hell F1 when considering an American audience, why can't the guys who were originally trying to sell a $72 game?
    Let's Go!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.