Game Discussion: TT Isle of Man

Game to hard?

• haugse23haugse2388,121
    Posted on 07 February 20 at 04:46Permalink
    Tendoman77 said:
    RallyForLife#742 said:
    the game its a really good… and hard,yes.need practice for win TT 3 times,but you pay better.Farm 3000km,1,000,000$ xD,good luck alls,
    Its hard to even do any race that takes too long, especially the 3 lappers around any of the 3+ min tracks.

Are you suppose to win every race or will consistant Top 3 finishes be good enough? If its the latter I may feel better about continuing this game at long last.
    I'm not worried about winning the TT 3 times, I'm much more worried about winning one within 3 years because I don't have a clue where I need to be so I was trying to win every race but I think that's gonna be impossible
  • Posted on 07 February 20 at 20:24Permalink
    haugse23 said:
    Tendoman77 said:
    RallyForLife#742 said:
    the game its a really good… and hard,yes.need practice for win TT 3 times,but you pay better.Farm 3000km,1,000,000$ xD,good luck alls,
    Its hard to even do any race that takes too long, especially the 3 lappers around any of the 3+ min tracks.

Are you suppose to win every race or will consistant Top 3 finishes be good enough? If its the latter I may feel better about continuing this game at long last.
    I'm not worried about winning the TT 3 times, I'm much more worried about winning one within 3 years because I don't have a clue where I need to be so I was trying to win every race but I think that's gonna be impossible
    As far as I can tell, you just need 8000+ fans before the first week of April to get invited to the TT. For me, I got that invite in my 2nd season so you'll be fine. As for the results you need, I got 1st in all but 3 events that I just quit out of for sanity reasons, so consistent top 3 might be fine? I don't know how well the fans earned scales.
    Let's Go!
  • x4ZA86x4ZA86277,517
    Posted on 08 February 20 at 10:49Permalink
    Am i the only person who thinks this game is perfect bar the ai? Forza ai is no more aware of you, they will dart into your driving line with aggression off, project cars 2 should be the simulation comparison and even forza dosnt come close so you might aswell not bother beyond that
    Your doing 170mph on 140kgs on a british b road in a "simulation" game and this is why its perfect... it would be so boring if using throttle mid bend wasnt scary,
    my advise to new comers is dont load career... the first race has a bump which if u do anything but coast over you will crash and die, this makes the game feel impossible.
    Go to single player and use the triumph iron maiden bike it has the most control in my opinion, get the win a race on all tracks out the way and youll learn how to avoid the ai, and certain bumps which need 0 controller input over, if your a driving game fan this is standard practice on 90% of games ai wise, the tt is easier than you think once you know where to let off, make use of stages and run one stage over and over till you have your own markers, brake to get rid of the brake line before it rasies off the floor and blocks your view, turning it off it awfuly hard and it is awfuly distracting, 6 laps of the tt in a race and if your consistent with minimal crashes driving at what is a sort of slow pace gets you the win still

**biggest note**
    Combined brakes arnt combined... kind of
    With combined on and full abs usin the left trigger obviously stops the bike, but hold a at the same time and youll notice its stops an awful lot quicker, it will also want to lock up and throw you off, ive found 75% left trigger and a slight hold of a then let go and tap a few times can curb off alot more speed with less chance of lock up than just the left trigger by itself, split isnt advised unless you map front and rear to the triggers and throttle to a stick, or you wil only have no rear or 100% rear... manual gears can help with toruqe load underbraking if you have the attention span for it

I have also noticed that ai times are randomly generated so any race you loose you can hit restart on the next screen and the next time you could be 5 seconds slower but win by 10seconds, ai seems to be faster in career so not worth starting untill your somewhat know most the the tt by visual cues, certain places like the first petrol station let you know where you can out ride the brake line, there are 4 corners that come up harsh red but can be taken flat out if you can see through the driving line

My final stance on this as a simulation game achievement wise? Its hallarious... and a simulation in itself
    Project cars 2 you can turn off all flags and start timers ai to 1 and be in first place before the light goes green, this way you can complete the whole career in a day...
    We all know how good of a rider guy martin is and the tt win has eluded him for many years, not just anyone can enter and win the tt and not just anyone will get these achievements...

Some genuine rarity... anyone who alredy owned this game before hand was so happy to hear it was going gold... was worth 19k ta yesterday...

This was always going to be a long slow grind, id also reccomend watching the replay of the world record, youll understand then its not hard its about knowledge of track smooth inputs ect, after about 20odd hours i have just got into the 19minute bracket, rank 1 has about 5minutes on that

This game is a true gem
    And for those who cannot hack the speed turning off motion blur in the effects actually gives the on bike view more control, but when you know the track well enough do the right thing and turn it back on, it gives such a good effect of speed
  • DrummerDrummer1,179,565
    Posted on 08 February 20 at 13:34Permalink
    x4ZA86 said:
    Am i the only person who thinks this game is perfect bar the ai? Forza ai is no more aware of you, they will dart into your driving line with aggression off, project cars 2 should be the simulation comparison and even forza dosnt come close so you might aswell not bother beyond that
    Your doing 170mph on 140kgs on a british b road in a "simulation" game and this is why its perfect... it would be so boring if using throttle mid bend wasnt scary,
    my advise to new comers is dont load career... the first race has a bump which if u do anything but coast over you will crash and die, this makes the game feel impossible.
    Go to single player and use the triumph iron maiden bike it has the most control in my opinion, get the win a race on all tracks out the way and youll learn how to avoid the ai, and certain bumps which need 0 controller input over, if your a driving game fan this is standard practice on 90% of games ai wise, the tt is easier than you think once you know where to let off, make use of stages and run one stage over and over till you have your own markers, brake to get rid of the brake line before it rasies off the floor and blocks your view, turning it off it awfuly hard and it is awfuly distracting, 6 laps of the tt in a race and if your consistent with minimal crashes driving at what is a sort of slow pace gets you the win still

**biggest note**
    Combined brakes arnt combined... kind of
    With combined on and full abs usin the left trigger obviously stops the bike, but hold a at the same time and youll notice its stops an awful lot quicker, it will also want to lock up and throw you off, ive found 75% left trigger and a slight hold of a then let go and tap a few times can curb off alot more speed with less chance of lock up than just the left trigger by itself, split isnt advised unless you map front and rear to the triggers and throttle to a stick, or you wil only have no rear or 100% rear... manual gears can help with toruqe load underbraking if you have the attention span for it

I have also noticed that ai times are randomly generated so any race you loose you can hit restart on the next screen and the next time you could be 5 seconds slower but win by 10seconds, ai seems to be faster in career so not worth starting untill your somewhat know most the the tt by visual cues, certain places like the first petrol station let you know where you can out ride the brake line, there are 4 corners that come up harsh red but can be taken flat out if you can see through the driving line

My final stance on this as a simulation game achievement wise? Its hallarious... and a simulation in itself
    Project cars 2 you can turn off all flags and start timers ai to 1 and be in first place before the light goes green, this way you can complete the whole career in a day...
    We all know how good of a rider guy martin is and the tt win has eluded him for many years, not just anyone can enter and win the tt and not just anyone will get these achievements...

Some genuine rarity... anyone who alredy owned this game before hand was so happy to hear it was going gold... was worth 19k ta yesterday...

This was always going to be a long slow grind, id also reccomend watching the replay of the world record, youll understand then its not hard its about knowledge of track smooth inputs ect, after about 20odd hours i have just got into the 19minute bracket, rank 1 has about 5minutes on that

This game is a true gem
    And for those who cannot hack the speed turning off motion blur in the effects actually gives the on bike view more control, but when you know the track well enough do the right thing and turn it back on, it gives such a good effect of speed
    the part about it feeling impossible after crashing over and over again on the first race really resonated with me lol thanks for the advice ill give this game another try because i initially liked it alot
  • Posted on 08 February 20 at 20:18, Edited on 12 February 20 at 03:07 by Christoph 5782Permalink
    I agree with that to a certain degree. The physics of the game aren't what kills the game for me. It's the fact that the AI simulation times are so far off of what the AI can actually do, and that the AI only actually driving when they are rendered in. Hence the fact that 8-9 other bikes will be in a pack together behind you at the edge of your render distance during the TT. And then when you sim to the end of the event, the AI in your heat remaining just get a completely auto generated time with no account taken to where they are on track, or even if they have already taken longer than their auto generated time. Once you take that into account, the bits of nonsensically snap oversteer or the front tyre locking despite having full TC and ABS multiplies that frustration. Even more so once you learn that they used the exact same engine WRC6 uses to make a bike game....
    Let's Go!
  • x4ZA86x4ZA86277,517
    Posted on 08 February 20 at 22:32Permalink
    I got 3rd in the world on wrc6 chasing 100% ran the same stage 400times no co driver knew it so well, i hope i get there with the tt, again times wont matter when your consistent and have 3 pit stops to factor, i was literally drippin sweat on the 6th lap 120mins in ai times was lucky, but the restart event does get you diff ai times each go, and only worth factoring for the win the tt in 3 years once thats out the way xp is xp take any fjnish onto the next, hope so of the above "tips" help people, using both lt and a to brake wil make the biggest difference, that first track bump dont turn dont steer dont acel or brake before during or slightly after then let rip
  • Posted on 14 February 20 at 16:57, Edited on 14 February 20 at 17:03 by Dutch x MonsterPermalink
    Imagine the producers of the Bangers, Truck Racer, Fia Truck Racer and the marvelous IHF Handball 14, make a simulation racing game of a rather obscure racing event outside Europe.

Published by the banger of a publisher blessed with the letter B. Bigben other famous game publisher with a B are: Bethesda and Blizzard.

Good companies with the letter B: Boeing.

With main titles like Bee Simulator, Snipers, The Unicorn Princess, Hunter 2, Rugby games, Handball games and even going as far as publish a Jeu de Boulle in game format. Also still thinking Cocoto can be the french Mario and still getting a billion releases every new Nintendo system. The only good thing ive seen from bigben in recent years is the Rally games they are decent.

I mean what can go wrong right ?

RIGHT ?

This game is deffo 20k TA but so many of BigBen Games should get 10x to their ratio since some are so unplayable
    All bad games are GoTY's imo how can you as a company allow shit to come on your name its such bravery if you ask me
  • MikaszMikasz443,189
    Posted on 15 February 20 at 22:48Permalink
    1) Isle of Man is in Europe. Well, geographically, at least.

2) Obscure racing event? It's probably not as popular as, let's say, Pikes Peak but it's a well known event for all interested in racing as a general.

3) Boeing and good company? You must have missed all quality issues connected to their flagship which caused two major crashes and caused companies to resign from Maxes.

I agree that learning curve is quite steep for a beginner, controls are unforgiving and the game decides from time to time to wreck your run but it's not that bad.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.