Game Discussion: Trove

The Trove TrueAchievements Club Information and Events Thread

• LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,665,346
    Posted on 14 September 18 at 21:39, Edited on 14 September 18 at 21:40 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    If they're doing that for people I'm gonna be pretty pissed honestly. The PvP is absolute garbage and it took quite some time. RIP ratio cry
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • Posted on 18 September 18 at 03:32, Edited on 18 September 18 at 03:33 by General E Swift
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    If they're doing that for people I'm gonna be pretty pissed honestly. The PvP is absolute garbage and it took quite some time. RIP ratio cry
    I get where you're coming from TBH. I spent pretty much a day maybe more playing that crappy unbalanced PVP. I was only a few levels off from getting it when it became pretty much unobtainable. I just want to get it unlocked and be done with it this point.
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19772,103,371
    Posted on 18 September 18 at 08:57
    General E Swift said:
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    I get where you're coming from TBH. I spent pretty much a day maybe more playing that crappy unbalanced PVP. I was only a few levels off from getting it when it became pretty much unobtainable. I just want to get it unlocked and be done with it this point.
    I have managed to get into the game a couple of times, for a few games in a row, but most of the time I sat waiting for a game to start for ages!
    Legohead 1977
  • RevRico420RevRico420319,736
    Posted on 21 September 18 at 13:12
    So this may not be the right spot for this, but I'm going to do it anyway.

I just started playing this this week. I'd like to get the club achievement, and I'd at all possible some help through shadow tower.

Currently, I'm level 18 boomeranger with a PR around 500. I've been bouncing between "story"mode and geode so far,but started the shadow tower on normal last night and definitely not ready to solo it.

I am playing my way through some other games, but I'm generally available most weekends and evenings during the week after 8pm EST. I even have a microphone.

I wasn't sure who I should send friend requests to or what, so I decided to post here and "announce" myself.
    Posted on 21 September 18 at 14:08
    There is a TA club, we really must start getting together, I have a couple of fairly high level characters...the best being a level 30 Boomeranger and I would be well up for some sessions as I am not quite strong enough for some of the Ultra Shadow towers.

Yannickozzz is a great player and General E Swift is the club leader, maybe it's time we all tried a bit harder to get something going?
    Legohead 1977
  • Posted on 24 September 18 at 04:09, Edited on 24 September 18 at 04:10 by General E Swift
    RevRico420 said:
    So this may not be the right spot for this, but I'm going to do it anyway.

I just started playing this this week. I'd like to get the club achievement, and I'd at all possible some help through shadow tower.

Currently, I'm level 18 boomeranger with a PR around 500. I've been bouncing between "story"mode and geode so far,but started the shadow tower on normal last night and definitely not ready to solo it.

I am playing my way through some other games, but I'm generally available most weekends and evenings during the week after 8pm EST. I even have a microphone.

I wasn't sure who I should send friend requests to or what, so I decided to post here and "announce" myself.
    Sorry for the late response. I don't mind giving you a hand. I mostly do shadow towers on Mondays. The thread information is a little out dated. I usually get home from work around 6-7 PM EST. If that doesn't work for you I could help you out over the weekend (Saturdays are most preferable).

Legohead 1977 said:
    There is a TA club, we really must start getting together, I have a couple of fairly high level characters...the best being a level 30 Boomeranger and I would be well up for some sessions as I am not quite strong enough for some of the Ultra Shadow towers.

Yannickozzz is a great player and General E Swift is the club leader, maybe it's time we all tried a bit harder to get something going?
    I would love to get together with some of the other club member especially for Ultra shadow towers. I can pretty much solo hard by myself with my best character fae trickster, but can't get very far on ultra.
    Posted on 24 September 18 at 08:41
    General, you are 5 hours behind me. Add me on XBL and when you get on tonight shoot me a message. I won't be able to stay on too long due to the time, but we can get some easy towers done and then try for the achievements? Not sure, but this might be too late for Yannickozzz as he is an hour ahead of me.
    Legohead 1977
  • KiRRAYNEKiRRAYNE729,066
    Posted on 24 September 18 at 13:20
    I'd love to join you guys. I've been putting a lot more time into this recently. I can feel myself falling off a little, but actually playing with others will help keep me into it.
    Posted on 24 September 18 at 14:11, Edited on 24 September 18 at 14:13 by RevRico420
    Well cool, I added a hands full of you guys to my friends list. Like I think I said earlier, I'm available throughout the day but my availability is higher after 8pm EST during the week, and weekends I'm pretty much always online.

A brief update after this weekend. I've finished shadow tower on normal once with randoms, got my boomeranfer to level 22 and 1400pr. My gun slinger sub class is level 8 with 400pr. I'm out of quests in Geode, so I'm just grinding tier 3 mines with the npc quests trying to upgrade my equipment.

My shadow weapons are all ready to upgrade to shadow 3, I just don't have the souls. I've also started fishing for mastery, 3 rare down 14 to go.I

I do have some questions though for more experienced players.

Is there some way to lock in with a group in the worlds or just dumb luck?
    How much does sub class affect main PR and abilities?
    Is there an easier way to farm sunlight bulbs?
    Where/how do I get more embedded gems?
    Am I ever going to get more expertise quests so I have some direction other than PR to shoot for?
    Are there things I should be farming to sell?
    Mastery level in Geode...Am I stuck waiting on companion eggs to hatch to increase it?
    Should I be saving all my boxes/chests/caches to open on loot day?

Sorry for the wall of texts. Guides just say "do this then this then that" and Reddit assumes I'm already at level 30, this is the closest I've gotten to talking to real people about the game.
    Posted on 25 September 18 at 10:15
    Finally managed to 'meet' General last night, I'm presently just about to be knocked out of the GTASC so I should have more time after that...shadow towers and farming for gems on Uber 9 could be much easier as a group. Also geode would be much less tedious if we travel round together all benefiting from mining and creature rescues.

You can join friends in their world and also when you are running about with friends I think it sends you to the same place if you go through the same portal?
    Sunlight bulbs are a pain, but you need to log on on whatever day the farming bonus now is and just run around collecting. Again things like this as a group would be so much faster as we can all collect different parts but gain all the crops.
    Legohead 1977
  • YannickozzzYannickozzz411,405
    Posted on 25 September 18 at 20:19
    Just send me a message when you see me online. My playtime is way too random lately.
    But playing Trove together does make it much better and it will go quicker
    Just Play
    Posted on 28 September 18 at 03:33, Edited on 28 September 18 at 03:34 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    Is there some way to lock in with a group in the worlds or just dumb luck?

Not really, unless you have a guild or friends, most people don't actively seek out groups. If you're strong enough it's very easy to solo dungeons, even uber-9. Generally speaking the best thing you can do is try to get your PR as high as possible so you can get into higher level uber worlds. Tag along with some overpowered chucklefuck who dumpsters the dungeon bosses in .5 seconds and open the chests to get gem boxes. Gems are like 60-75% of your PR, and provide much more stats than equipment so getting your gems set up is the most important thing you need to be doing. You tagging along doesn't make the bosses harder so they generally won't care. I don't care, at least.

How much does sub class affect main PR and abilities?

Small boost but noticeable enough to do it. If you still need level 300 mastery (and I'm sure you're not even close this early on) you get a lot of mastery leveling up a class, so go ahead and level your subclass to level 30 too.

Is there an easier way to farm sunlight bulbs?

I'm just getting back into Trove but when I was playing regularly I would just buy them, they didn't cost much. No other way than harvesting it on the harvest days, though.

Where/how do I get more embedded gems?

Every method of getting them is time gated. There's an empowered gem box tome that can give you one EGB a week. You can get up to 11 or so from the weekly leaderboards. 3 for each of the 3 classes for this week and 1 from each of the rotating weekly ones (dungeons completed, boxes open, etc.). You can check which ones are this week by with the leaderboard option in the menu in-game. Beating the last shadow tower boss gives lunar souls that can be turned in for EGBs. Every 10 EG fragments can be crafted into a EGB that gives a guaranteed stellar gem. Finally, you can use titan souls from the shadow tower for shapers star keys, which you can use in the Shores of Everdark zone to get a class gem (which is also stellar).

Am I ever going to get more expertise quests so I have some direction other than PR to shoot for?

No. PR and mastery are the endgame, really. It doesn't get any less tedious :^)

Are there things I should be farming to sell?

Can't answer this one since I'm just coming back. I use the titan souls to get the titan treasures, which give flux. I open a bunch and use those when I need flux since I'm sitting on about 150 titan souls. As far as farming you can check the MP to see what is selling for a lot and farm it. Checking it is pretty tedious though...

Mastery level in Geode...Am I stuck waiting on companion eggs to hatch to increase it?
    Should I be saving all my boxes/chests/caches to open on loot day?

Increasing the mastery is done in many ways. Upgrading your tools is probably the biggest one.

I know that's a lot of info so if you need clarification or to ask another question, feel free.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
    Posted on 28 September 18 at 19:07, Edited on 28 September 18 at 19:50 by RevRico420
    Wow. Thank you for that, it confirmed a few of my suspicions.

I've stopped Geode for now, trying to farm metamatter just frustrated me. Still, I'm making progress with the base game. PR 3179, base mastery just turned 65. I can solo uber 6, most of the time, which is good because needing to do 67 dungeons per moon key is rough enough. I'm hoping by Monday to have enough keys that I can go through a full hard tower, but I don't know if my PR will be high enough to get through them all.
    Posted on 29 September 18 at 00:34
    I'd be surprised if you could do normal at 3179 PR but it's been so long since I've done it I could be wrong.

As for Geode I wouldn't bother with it right now because not only will take as much time as maxing the stats on a full set of gems (most likely), it doesn't give any kind of combat bonus or useful thing outside of Geode itself right now, so it's not going to help you get stronger, which is all you should care about right now. As for metamatter, it seems the consensus is the best way to get them is buying the 4000 crystal reliquary from Thundros (the guy by the reliquary opener) and using a lodestar on it. You should also drop a lodestar on any mastery reliquaries you get as well. The metamatter recipe is actually pretty inefficient compared to using the 4000 crystal reliquary and a lodestar, in my opinion.

Geode is more of an end-game thing when your PR is quite high and you don't have much to do aside from dailies and weeklies. I'd be concerned with your PR for now. Last year they did an event (in December I think) where it was double everything day every day. This would be a perfect time to grind out gem boxes for that achievement, especially if that means you can get lustrous gem boxes every single day. I'm hoping they do one this year so I can finally get this.

TrovePerfection!The Perfection! achievement in Trove worth 2415 pointsUsing the gem forge, upgrade all of the stats on nine Stellar Gems to max

So I'd suggest getting as strong as possible so you can take advantage of a double month if they do it.
    Posted on 01 October 18 at 20:49
    I started a new class this weekend. Revenant. Holy crap I should have done this from the beginning. PR is almost 5000, would be over if I socketed a gem I'm building up. I'm trying to save my cubits for a new vial, and gem changes are expensive. At 2000 PR it could solo up to the dreadnought, haven't tried a tower yet today but should be much more capable.

It has made clearing dungeons a breeze, that's for sure.
  • JayCubzJayCubz452,555
    Posted on 03 October 18 at 15:51, Edited on 03 October 18 at 15:54 by JayCubz
    As being the 2nd one on the site to complete geode I can tell you it's not going to be very fun. First off I probably played ~50 hours with groups getting a lot of resources in tier 5. I played solo geode atleast 100 hours. I probably spent close to 10 million flux on crystal pinatas and materials for accelerite for bronze eggs.I threw 1000 crystals pinatas which may have been a bit much. Make sure you use the 50% crystal potion when you throw pinatas, it counts towards it and it's definitely worth it. When you're using a ton of accelerite on eggs you can just loot collect them without spending extra resources upgrading them first and you'll still be making more crystals back then what you put in to make a ton of accelerite. You'll need atleast 6 rare companions to get to geode mastery 100 currently. Since rare companions aren't duplicate protected I had to get 13 rares in total(6 required+7 duplicates). I must have gotten over 1250+ bronze eggs. 0 silver or gold eggs from cave exploring. You have to do mostly everything to get to geode mastery 100. I did all except for the 2 last rares, last 2 module upgrades, and most the higher tiered notes. Btw the drillbit mounts don't give any geode mastery so don't make the same mistake I did if you only care for the achievement.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads