Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

New Xbox Releases: Week Beginning March 12th, 2018

AuthorMessage
Zalsha
Zalsha
Posted on 12 March 18 at 18:58
The Globalizer said:
Zalsha said:
Constable Anton Jakob Zellner seems like a true direct ripoff of Hercule Poirot. I never played the original game, but unless that's something they addressed as inspiration, that is...really blatant.
I'm not sure it needs to be "addressed". Poirot isn't exactly an unknown literary character, this is a bit like making a game with elves and dwarves and not calling out Tolkien.
Elves and Dwarves aren't copyright protected, unless I am missing something or Poirot has entered public domain. This is more like someone dressed a character like Sherlock Holmes and called him Merlock Molmes and made a whole game around their ripoff. So, I think in that vein, either the devs have said, "Yeah, he's supposed to be Poirot, that was our inspiration/intention". Or they just crossed their collective fingers to not get sued. That was where my interest is.
ArnaldoDK
ArnaldoDK
Posted on 13 March 18 at 01:53
Who Asking for The Raven? WTF!
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 13 March 18 at 13:48
alklein92201 said:
segagamer said:
The Raven, and Devil May Cry Collection *really* should have been just made BC. I won't be wasting money on any of these 1080p ports... Gonna have to boot up the 360 to finish this off I guess roll
Doesn't mean they won't
You forgot Sony don't have bc?
AgateComic20990
Posted on 13 March 18 at 18:45
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
I’m looking at the Raven and the Council for sure, maybe C.U.B.E 2 if it’s a quick cheap completion like its predecessor.
Same here. Comments regarding The Raven Remastered are giving me second thoughts though. Was the original 360 game really bad or something?
BreezyPath0
BreezyPath0
Posted on 13 March 18 at 21:08
I may need to get Burnout Paradise. I friggin loved that game.
The Globalizer
Posted on 14 March 18 at 13:28, Edited on 14 March 18 at 13:29 by The Globalizer
Zalsha said:
The Globalizer said:
Zalsha said:
Constable Anton Jakob Zellner seems like a true direct ripoff of Hercule Poirot. I never played the original game, but unless that's something they addressed as inspiration, that is...really blatant.
I'm not sure it needs to be "addressed". Poirot isn't exactly an unknown literary character, this is a bit like making a game with elves and dwarves and not calling out Tolkien.
Elves and Dwarves aren't copyright protected, unless I am missing something or Poirot has entered public domain. This is more like someone dressed a character like Sherlock Holmes and called him Merlock Molmes and made a whole game around their ripoff. So, I think in that vein, either the devs have said, "Yeah, he's supposed to be Poirot, that was our inspiration/intention". Or they just crossed their collective fingers to not get sued. That was where my interest is.
That's not how I understand copyright protection to work, but admittedly that's not my expertise. It's been a decade since I took IP law class. wink
TwistedTB
TwistedTB
Posted on 14 June 18 at 12:14
AgateComic20990 said:
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
I’m looking at the Raven and the Council for sure, maybe C.U.B.E 2 if it’s a quick cheap completion like its predecessor.
Same here. Comments regarding The Raven Remastered are giving me second thoughts though. Was the original 360 game really bad or something?
It was a pretty standard point and click mystery adventure, but it had many horrendous glitches and bugs, audio and graphical. Its been a while since I played it but the bugs were atrocious and really stood out, making it look like quite a rushed game. Hopefully they have cleaned them up for the remaster.
Warmest regards, TwistedTB.
The Globalizer
Posted on 14 June 18 at 12:31
TwistedTB said:
AgateComic20990 said:
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
It was a pretty standard point and click mystery adventure, but it had many horrendous glitches and bugs, audio and graphical. Its been a while since I played it but the bugs were atrocious and really stood out, making it look like quite a rushed game. Hopefully they have cleaned them up for the remaster.
When I played it, I don't remember much in the way of bugs, but it did have a pretty bad control scheme. I liked it enough to play it again, though.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.