Game Discussion: Dungeons 3 Forum

missable achievements

AuthorMessage
Fanta Morgana
607,599
Fanta Morgana
Posted on 12 March 18 at 23:51
Why are all these achievements in the game marked as missable?
I just started the game, so I may be missing something but it has level select.
I think that missable achievements are the ones, if you miss the oportunity to get them in the campaign, you have to play the whole campaign over up to where the achievement opportunity occurs.
I just played Halo Wars 2 and if you miss to get a skull in a mission you have to play it again, its similar here, yet the skulls aren't marked as missable, these achievements however are.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 13 March 18 at 22:05
I think the flag was changed so that it applies even if you can use chapter select. It's technically correct, I suppose. I assume the logic is that it would suck to play through the whole game and then find out those achievements were missed and have to replay the campaign to unlock them.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
Fanta Morgana
607,599
Fanta Morgana
Posted on 15 March 18 at 01:57
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
I think the flag was changed so that it applies even if you can use chapter select. It's technically correct, I suppose.
Wouldn't that make almost every achievement not tied to story progression "missable"?
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
I assume the logic is that it would suck to play through the whole game and then find out those achievements were missed and have to replay the campaign to unlock them.
I think I don't understand that logic. Level select makes it so you don't have to play through the campaign, but just the specific level. I thought the flag was to warn players, that if they don't get the achievement when the opportunity occurs in the campaign, one would need to start a new campaign from scratch up to that point.
Lockie
288,362
Lockie
Posted on 14 April 19 at 14:33
I'm just playing through this awesome game now and I agree, the missable flag is very strange.

I don't think I've ever seen a game with level/chapter select have level/chapter-specific achievements labelled this way on TA before.
Posting from sunny Australia.
snake42069
581,833
snake42069
Posted on 21 September 19 at 14:21
so does it require a full restart even though there is level select or is the missable flag misapplied? Generally games that dont end when the campaign is complete or if there is level select, no achievement is missable.
Lockie
288,362
Lockie
Posted on 21 September 19 at 16:06
snake42069 said:
so does it require a full restart even though there is level select or is the missable flag misapplied? Generally games that dont end when the campaign is complete or if there is level select, no achievement is missable.
No, fortunately you don't have to restart the campaign for any achievements. The achievements can all be obtained via level select.

Some of the levels are quite long though, so if you mess up an achievement at the end of a long level then that could set you back an hour if you didn't save.
Posting from sunny Australia.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.