Investigations Questions Forum

Question for the Investigations Team? Please remember to keep posts civil, abusive posts can result in loss of posting privileges. Posts in this forum can be read by anyone on the site. Please do not attempt to hijack a thread by posting information not relevant to the original post, start a new thread instead.

Final attempt for gamerscore only leaderboard tracker

AuthorMessage
Broken Scholar
Posted on 13 March 18 at 04:44, Edited on 13 March 18 at 04:49 by Broken Scholar
I've contacted the team in the past before about this issue on my gamertag - Technically - I did cheat and there isn't getting around that problem, however it was done because of...

My previous XBL account was banned in late 2011 with 27181 gamerscore, I was a dumb teenager essentially. Having the desire to continue achievement hunting but discouraged for starting over, I referenced every game I played and modded back every achievement from my previous account for the closest reference I could get, not knowing this would be a burden later on while I'm 150000 gamerscore deep - site states the following "While moving these accounts to GS only would work, the scanner resources are better saved for people who are not cheating"

My argument being, I haven't cheated for gamerscore since that one day in 2011 when I went and got those achievements back, by cheating. Save for a handful of times where my Internet connection got out, nearly every achievement I've unlocked since is timestamped, I have nearly 60000 gamerscore on Xbox One games alone which aren't applicable since they're not hackable yet. I love what the site does, I enjoy boosting with people and still do - but because of my stature I cannot start my own sessions. I can't easily see how I'm progressing. The best features of the site are locked from me over one incident. A fairly major one at that, yes, but, as stated I didn't modify any achievements I didn't unlock at some point - and it was over 6 years ago.

If the team says no, I'll give up and accept that rules are rules, but know I would be ecstatic if I could just start my own sessions.

This part is essentially irrelevant due to my case being grounded on I haven't cheated since 2011 though for posterity, if no one believes my story you can compare my current gamertag and old one and find any achievement I have, it has. I can go further proving this by signing into any Games For Windows Live title and updating my old gamercard and doing the same with my current account.

old account - fudgenuts1
current account - Broken Scholar

Hope this was clear, and you can have a bit of, well, pitty for this achievement hunter with a bad name.
openreich
openreich
Posted on 13 March 18 at 12:30
I started a new account in 2014 due to cheating as a young teenager, it never actually got picked up on trueachievements.

I made a new account because I grew up, love earning achievements and I decided I should just start new. I now have over 100k gamerscore.

You need to start a new account, you cheated, maybe only once, but like me, I went over and earned the same achievements pretty much from my old account but that’s my problem, we made it hard on ourselves by being young teenagers lol.
Posted on 13 March 18 at 15:08
The amount of cheated games on your tag far exceeds the threshold for what we could allow for GS tracking. The investigator noted at the time of your report that it accounted for about 25% of your total gamerscore.

The thing to remember is that we take action on accounts, not people. The achievements in question on your account are illegitimately obtained, there is so disputing this fact. When we make a report it's based on suspicious activity backed up by hard evidence of foul play. Personally I believe your story, but the reality is we are lied to all day long so we can't factor that into the final decision. If we took everyone's word for it nobody would have their tracking limited.

You could try asking the MS enforcement team about resetting your non-XB1 gamerscore. You'll lose all of it, including legit achievements, but your XB1 gamerscore will remain intact and you can continue using this account. If a reset occurs, simply PM the Investigations Manager for full tracking back.
Taz B IRL
157,608 157,608 GamerScore
Taz B IRL
Posted on 10 June 18 at 22:01
is there any way of getting leaderboard tracking back????
Posted on 11 June 18 at 02:54
I'm sorry, that profile is on the best tracking we can offer.
Taz B IRL
157,608 157,608 GamerScore
Taz B IRL
Posted on 11 June 18 at 20:43
crycrycry oh well
Broken Scholar
Posted on 13 May 19 at 16:40, Edited on 13 May 19 at 16:44 by Broken Scholar
I had this post back in my head the other day, the part about the skew of cheating/not cheating mostly.

I'm not sure if I would be at the point to get tracking, or if I even can no matter how much I do now but if there is a possibility for score tracking still, I'd like to know say, is it good enough now? Would it take more to get it lower? If it's completely out of the realm of possibility, close this thread and I promise I'll shut up about tracking for good.

My current estimate, given the amount "cheated" was bulk about 25000, just running a calculator landed 25000 being 8% of 200k, so getting close to getting the gap to only 5 now.
Posted on 13 May 19 at 17:31
Sadly, we can't offer to track that gamertag at any level Broken Scholar and time won't change that determination. Please register a different Xbox profile if you wish to use all site features.
RattleSnakePit3
Posted on 13 May 19 at 20:34
If MS add a tool or something make people can delete inappropriate achievements everyone will live in peace
GsO Light
141,170 141,170 GamerScore
GsO Light
Posted on 17 May 19 at 05:27
RattleSnakePit3 said:
If MS add a tool or something make people can delete inappropriate achievements everyone will live in peace
People have been asking for this for over 10 years.. sadly the amount of gamers that actually care about achievements is very little, so it'll never be implemented. It's our account and we should be able to remove achievements at free will.
RattleSnakePit3
Posted on 18 May 19 at 06:22
GsO Light said:
RattleSnakePit3 said:
People have been asking for this for over 10 years.. sadly the amount of gamers that actually care about achievements is very little, so it'll never be implemented. It's our account and we should be able to remove achievements at free will.
Why "never"? Microsoft care about those amount and can add that tool in Next Gen with two-factor authentication like when you want to change your password to make sure no one will mess with your account, at the very least they add this tool to remove only the achievements that obtained offline or in wrong order ..
Posted on 19 May 19 at 00:42, Edited on 19 May 19 at 00:45 by the Investigations Manager
Its highly unlikely Microsoft will create a product that would mainly be used by folks with tainted profiles. They instead reset every achievement that wasn't unlocked on the current achievement platform so they can never be unlocked again when they take action on an account. Especially with the suggestion it only work with cheated achievements, I can't see it being implemented. Were they to ever create such a system, it would not likely be restricted to cheated achievements only. To do as suggested would be a poor business decision.
Living Legends
Posted on 19 May 19 at 05:18
GsO Light said:
RattleSnakePit3 said:
The amount of gamers that care about achievement is small, but the amount of gamers that use editors to boost their score is even smaller
Broken Scholar
Posted on 14 August 19 at 00:56
Living Legends said:
GsO Light said:
RattleSnakePit3 said:
The amount of gamers that care about achievement is small, but the amount of gamers that use editors to boost their score is even smaller
And the amount of gamers that use editors a single time AND then go on to not cheat for over 7 years is... even smaller!

While I respect the staff decision, I'd fucking kill for gamerscore tracking at this point. Or at least, not be labeled as "better saved for those not cheating" while I'm boosting multiple times a week. The amount of guides and solutions I couldn't upvote over time... I'm the only red dot I'm ever seen in gaming sessions, it just "feels" bad at this point.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.