Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

The Council Episode One Review

• NO1KEVNO1KEV3,200,588
    Posted on 13 March 18 at 22:56
    So 1st ep has 640gs and ep 2-5 are just 90gs? Why were they not just 200gs each?
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7556,686
    Posted on 13 March 18 at 23:04, Edited on 14 March 18 at 03:06 by Dresden N7
    Also of note is that each of those episodes seems to have just two "quests" (chapters) whereas this premiere had four, so they may be shorter or perhaps just have longer quests.
    I think the episode completion achievement doubles as the third quest achievement.

EDIT: My wording is confusing. I mean "third" as in the 3rd quest for each DLC. In other words, I think there are 3 quests for each DLC episode.
  • Posted on 14 March 18 at 00:56
    Dresden N7 said:
    Also of note is that each of those episodes seems to have just two "quests" (chapters) whereas this premiere had four, so they may be shorter or perhaps just have longer quests.
    I think the episode completion achievement doubles as the third quest achievement.
    If I recall correctly, this one had four quests then a brief final cutscene before the episode completion, so that leads me to believe otherwise, but I may be misremembering or maybe it'll happen that way next time.
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7556,686
    Posted on 14 March 18 at 03:03, Edited on 14 March 18 at 03:17 by Dresden N7
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    Dresden N7 said:
    If I recall correctly, this one had four quests then a brief final cutscene before the episode completion, so that leads me to believe otherwise, but I may be misremembering or maybe it'll happen that way next time.
    (Apologies. There might have been some confusion due to my wording. See my edit of the original comment.)

I could be wrong. My guess is based off the numbering of quests in each description. For example, Episode 2 has achievements for the fifth and sixth quests followed by the episode completion. Then Episode 3 starts off with an achievement for the eighth quest, skipping seven. This pattern is repeated for all the DLC.

Also, I believe there isn't an achievement for completing the fourth quest in Episode 1. If so, that would support my guess that the episode completion achievement more or less acts as the achievement for each episode's last quest.
  • Posted on 14 March 18 at 05:02
    Ah good catch! You’re right. smile
  • MalazanMalazan521,125
    Posted on 14 March 18 at 07:12
    I have never heard of this before but it really sounds like my cup of tea!
    x
  • StahpStahp1,031,262
    Posted on 14 March 18 at 07:50
    Published by Focus Home Interactive which doesn't care about fixing the broken achievements in Styx:Master of Shadows, and doesn't even reply to users/customers on their own forum.

No more game from them for me
    Stahp
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce2,129,984
    Posted on 14 March 18 at 10:23, Edited on 14 March 18 at 10:23 by ChewieOnIce
    I'd not heard of this until very recently and it immediately piqued my interest. This review consolidates my opinion as a must buy for me. Thanks NPB!
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19772,102,324
    Posted on 14 March 18 at 10:30, Edited on 14 March 18 at 10:30 by Legohead 1977
    ChewieOnIce said:
    I'd not heard of this until very recently and it immediately piqued my interest. This review consolidates is as a must buy for me. Thanks NPB!
    Funny how we were discussing this 'genre,' for want of a better word, just the other day. I'm not really a fan, and thought the additional features make the game sound a bit more interesting the downside for me is that if I don't like it I will still have to replay a number of times to finish it off.

Think for me this will require a sale that makes it impossible not to get!
    Legohead 1977
  • St3phosaurusSt3phosaurus313,312
    Posted on 14 March 18 at 11:28
    Great review, I’ll definitely be checking this out! I love these sorts of games but the Telltale games have started to get a little samey for me, so an innovation like this is definitely appreciated
  • Posted on 15 March 18 at 00:45
    Shame about the VA, bit odd considering the care they've clearly given to every other part of the game.
  • wozzekwozzek695,461
    Posted on 15 March 18 at 11:02
    Loved this game, i am going to buy the season pass! And i just want to go for a second playthrough.
  • Posted on 17 March 18 at 02:17
    I’ll wait for a sale. It’ll drop in price at some point. Probably before all episodes are even out.
  • JawaOnDaMoonJawaOnDaMoon315,787
    Posted on 22 March 18 at 22:21
    NPB- I appreciate the details of your negative points. Hopefully they fix the issues in coming episodes, but besides that, I'm eager to check this out.
  • neeker75neeker751,904,154
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 22:18
    Can anyone advise where to find the "Pandora's Box" in this game?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads