Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

SEGA Mega Drive Classics Announced

AuthorMessage
UnwishedChief09
Posted on 15 March 18 at 19:06
Oh lookie here SEGA are yet again releasing their Mega Drive Collection on yet another console generation like they have been doing since The Saturn era.

I had this on the Playstation 2, Game Cube (via Sonic Mega Collection, Sonic Gems) and on Xbox 360 (although I haven't played it in years).

SEGA have got to do this as they are now so completely crap that the only way they feel they can get anyone to play their garbage is to re-release the classics.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 15 March 18 at 19:14
PowergridMIKE said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Matodion 1st said:
gamer=OldSchoolBlood]Awesome! Would love to see some Konami classics included.
Contra: Hard Corps
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Sunset Riders
Rocket Knight Adventures
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!!! enough with Sega only games, I want the 90s like Earthworm Jim 2, Contra Hard Corp, Sunset Riders, Eternal Champions. Heck I want even Disney games on genesis like Lion King and Aladdin.
Lion King was extremely hard!
Why did you quote that like that? That's not what I said.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
O V LORD ALDUIN
Posted on 15 March 18 at 20:12
can't wait
OV
FailedSeppuku
FailedSeppuku
Posted on 15 March 18 at 20:18
Gain Ground or i ain't buying!!!!
LilGurgi
LilGurgi
Posted on 15 March 18 at 20:23
Bring on the Sega RPG games. Some of my favorites of all time including the Lunar series, Phantasy Star series, Shining in the Darkness, Shining Force series, etc. The more RPG games the better. I still have a few of them that I never got to finish so I'd be able to check a few of them off my bucket list finally.
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 15 March 18 at 21:14, Edited on 15 March 18 at 21:16 by BigNev44
DominusTenebrae said:
No Phantasy Star? Come on. roll

If it’s not an unlockable like on SUGC then they really dropped the ball. It’s one of the most revolutionary games when it was released. I spent the whole summer playing it between 5th & 6th grade in 1989. shock I’m old.
YOU TOO?

That was the same time that i played it and i loved it!

I still play it on my PSP and PC via emulation, coincidently that is the only game i played on the 360 version, once i unlocked it, i have not played any of the other games in the Collection since, i need to go back and complete both versions soon.
Dingadilly
Dingadilly
Posted on 15 March 18 at 21:19
Holy shit! Those are the same curtains my cousin had back in the 90s!!
foreverzerov2
foreverzerov2
Posted on 15 March 18 at 21:22
hope its like rare replay with a crap ton of cheevos
Devilmanic
Devilmanic
Posted on 15 March 18 at 21:54
I know they can't because of licensing, but it would be a day one buy for me if they had Michael Jackson's Moonwalker. That game takes on a whole new meaning now with Michael trying to find the hiding children & avoiding the men in suits...
mastertengu
mastertengu
Posted on 15 March 18 at 22:05
I demand Golden Axe 2: Revenge of death Adder if we are to get surprise arcade games in this as we did with the X360 collection.
PlanesWalker 97
Posted on 15 March 18 at 22:42
Ozzpot said:
I really hope it has Columns.

Sonic 1 & 2, Streets of Rage 1 & 2, Golden Axe and Columns are the Megadrive titles that hold the most nostalgia for me. Addams Family is my all time favourite, but we'll never see that rereleased in any form.
love columns
THEpaynexkiller
Posted on 15 March 18 at 22:54
ALready had this game on Steam. Though over there you have to buy each game individually.
Orodeth Prime
Orodeth Prime
Posted on 15 March 18 at 23:10
While talking about these news i found out some would like to see that D&D rpg "Warriors of the Eternal Sun" again, though it is very basic.

For RPG's the Shining and Phantasy Star series are really great but playing that unique Shadowrun again would be my choice.

The "Super Shmup" Musha Aleste easily could earn a place.

Someone in the background is shouting "Road Rash" but that's EA i believe...
Robster80
Robster80
Posted on 16 March 18 at 01:03
In the immortal words of David Tennant... "OH YES!"
-Robster80
Izzy of Albion
Posted on 16 March 18 at 02:41
AzzyMahmood said:
The only Mega Drive game I'd ever want to play again is Sensible Soccer, and I'd pay the full £50 for the privilege.
Back in 1992/1993 (when I was 13/14), my sister had a megadrive and a few games - Sonic 1 and 2, Moonwalker and that 6 in 1 thing with columns on it.

I had an Atari ST but hardly any money to spend on it - I could get maybe one game a year. But I used to subscribe to ST Format, a superb magazine that I kept in special (free gift for subscription) ST Format ring binders.

In 1992, the cover disk had a demo of Sensible Soccer. You only got to play one game - actually only the FIRST HALF! - Napoli vs Feyernoord. It was all over in about a minute, but I played it over and over and over. I got so good I could score 7 or 8 goals in the incredibly short time available. Wrestling my "Zipstick", I could score from anywhere, any angle, full bend, top corner. I loved it, and I probably destroyed 3 or 4 Zipsticks playing it over a five year period. In fact I only moved on from it when I got ISS64 on N64.

Amazingly, I never owned the full game! When Sensible World of Soccer was released for 360 in 2007 I bought it straight away, but the magic had gone. Disappointingly, I find only fleeting pleasure in nostalgia these days. I can't be sure why that is, but I think the fact that modern games really are orders of magnitude better in every way has a lot to do with it.
Manb3arSquirrel
Posted on 16 March 18 at 02:48
It has probably already been said, but I really wish NeoGeos had been done this way. If the games weren't ready at one time, they could have even released the additional games as DLC labeled as 'title updates'.

Maybe then we would have avoided what in the end may result in over 200,000GS worth of inflation. What a shame.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 16 March 18 at 04:04
Manb3arSquirrel said:
It has probably already been said, but I really wish NeoGeos had been done this way. If the games weren't ready at one time, they could have even released the additional games as DLC labeled as 'title updates'.

Maybe then we would have avoided what in the end may result in over 200,000GS worth of inflation. What a shame.
Maybe if SNK would have done them. HAMSTER makes games with the licenses they are allowed to use. Like they made a deal with Nintendo to bring their old Arcade games to the Switch.

Xbox One only has NeoGeo

PS4 and Switch has Arcade Archives which is a collection of Konami, Data East, Nintendo (Switch Only) and NeoGeo games.

These have been Arcade Perfect too.

SNK collections on like PS2 has had some wonky ports like Magician Lord sucks on the SNK collections.

I actually would have liked if SEGA would have kept going with the vintage collection games (The 360 arcade games) on the Xbox One instead of this.

I am happy with this collections announcement though.
xTCx
xTCx
Posted on 16 March 18 at 07:29
Dwaggienite said:
Lets hope they have two versions like they did for 360.

I'll get both.
Was about to say this, I'd soo be down smile
sanityends
sanityends
Posted on 16 March 18 at 08:31
Tukaitaua said:
Hopefully Blades Of Vengeance and Desert Strike are on it.
Desert Strike I would just die. I miss this series so much had it on the SEGA Channel on a 28.8 modem
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 16 March 18 at 08:38
New Paralyzer said:
Manb3arSquirrel said:

Maybe if SNK would have done them. HAMSTER makes games with the licenses they are allowed to use. Like they made a deal with Nintendo to bring their old Arcade games to the Switch.

Xbox One only has NeoGeo

PS4 and Switch has Arcade Archives which is a collection of Konami, Data East, Nintendo (Switch Only) and NeoGeo games.

These have been Arcade Perfect too.

SNK collections on like PS2 has had some wonky ports like Magician Lord sucks on the SNK collections.

I actually would have liked if SEGA would have kept going with the vintage collection games (The 360 arcade games) on the Xbox One instead of this.

I am happy with this collections announcement though.
They can still do the vintage collections, and do this.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.