Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

SEGA Mega Drive Classics Announced

AuthorMessage
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 16 March 18 at 09:00
Most of the games I would be interested in I already have on the Xbox.

Not a massive fan of the Megadrive but this is great for those that are, now if they did the same thing for the Amiga...
Legohead 1977
AzzyMahmood
AzzyMahmood
Posted on 16 March 18 at 11:51
Gleaming Cube said:
AzzyMahmood said:
The only Mega Drive game I'd ever want to play again is Sensible Soccer, and I'd pay the full £50 for the privilege.
You are aware of this right? -> Sensible World of Soccer
I wasn't - thanks for pointing it out, I shall go and buy it asap - but SWOS wasn't a patch on the original Sensi. Just like Football Manager made Championship Manager over-complicated, SWOS took most of the fun out of Sensi. I long for original Sensi.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 16 March 18 at 12:32
AzzyMahmood said:
Gleaming Cube said:
AzzyMahmood said:
The only Mega Drive game I'd ever want to play again is Sensible Soccer, and I'd pay the full £50 for the privilege.
You are aware of this right? -> Sensible World of Soccer
I wasn't - thanks for pointing it out, I shall go and buy it asap - but SWOS wasn't a patch on the original Sensi. Just like Football Manager made Championship Manager over-complicated, SWOS took most of the fun out of Sensi. I long for original Sensi.
Also an Amiga game, as were most of the classic Sensible Software titles.
Legohead 1977
xxxxGEORDIExxxx
Posted on 16 March 18 at 12:42
so exited a little wee came out clapheadspin
geordie
WebDevil 666
WebDevil 666
Posted on 16 March 18 at 13:36
Why don't they put some effort in and make a HD version some classics. A 2.5D version of sonic on 4k with HDR would be friggin awesome
Efil4remag
DominusTenebrae
Posted on 16 March 18 at 13:59
WebDevil 666 said:
I really want to see

Sword of Vermillion
Populous
Decap Attack
Toejam and Earl

In the mix. Looking forward to seeing the lineup compute
Ah Sword of Vermillion. Such an underrated game. I loved populous. I always loved flooding the land on the heathens. Good times! laugh
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 16 March 18 at 14:01
DominusTenebrae said:
vil+666" rel="nofollow">WebDlaughvil 666 said:
I really want to see

Sword of Vermillion
Populous
Decap Attack
Toejam and Earl

In the mix. Looking forward to seeing the lineup compute
Ah Sword of Vermillion. Such an underrated game. I loved populous. I always loved flooding the land on the heathens. Good times! laugh
I never realised quite how many Megadrive games started on the Amiga till this article! laugh
Legohead 1977
Sensei Neo
Sensei Neo
Posted on 16 March 18 at 14:05
Legohead 1977 said:
now if they did the same thing for the Amiga...
This would be very cool... and such a big library of games.
Joker7175
Joker7175
Posted on 16 March 18 at 14:45
Makes me miss the Sega Channel
UnwishedChief09
Posted on 16 March 18 at 14:53
I don't understand you lot. Why the bloody hell are you excited for this re re re re release?

Did none of you get Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection) on 360?

Also how many games on that disc were also released seperatel;y on Xbox Live? Didn't you get those?

I see some are wanting Phantasy Star. A game you can already get on Sonic's Ultimate.

So why are you wanting this? Save money and just get the 360 version.
Guile132
Guile132
Posted on 16 March 18 at 15:29
UnwishedChief09 said:
I don't understand you lot. Why the bloody hell are you excited for this re re re re release?

Did none of you get Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection) on 360?

Also how many games on that disc were also released seperatel;y on Xbox Live? Didn't you get those?

I see some are wanting Phantasy Star. A game you can already get on Sonic's Ultimate.

I totally agree with you. Stop getting all excited over games that's constantly being released. I'm glad I collect consoles and games instead of selling my stuff off.
Achievements are gotten everyday whether it's game related, or real life.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 16 March 18 at 15:34
We got a couple cool guys here that think they know what we want to spend our money on better than we do.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
FOKENWOLFEN
FOKENWOLFEN
Posted on 16 March 18 at 15:37
Anybody knows if the characters die at the end of the trailer? That looked like a very nasty hit, even with a explosion.
LilGurgi
LilGurgi
Posted on 16 March 18 at 15:41
Guile132 said:
UnwishedChief09 said:

I totally agree with you. Stop getting all excited over games that's constantly being released. I'm glad I collect consoles and games instead of selling my stuff off.
I would love to buy the 360 version except that my 360 doesn't recognize disks anymore. This would allow me the chance to play these games again that I used to play on my Sega. Considering the limited time I actually use my 360 (most games I play are digital or backwards compatible from that machine), I'm not going to go out and buy another 360 at this point.

So for me in my situation, it works for the re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-release. Not everything works the same for all as it works for one. If that were the case, loot boxes would be non-existent as I can't remember the last time I actually invested real money into one.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 16 March 18 at 16:20
I'm gonna get this rerererere-release because the 360 version doesn't offer online.

The ability to rewind is also going to be nice. So much nicer than having to constantly load a save state if you're struggling.

This pack also says it's going to have more games. I'm really hoping Alien Soldier is gonna he on it since I think it only exists on one of the PS2 Genesis collections.

Plus this will also have a new set of achievements to unlock. We here at TA love achievements!

I can't wait for this collection. Hell maybe I'll get it on PS4 as well as 360.

SEGA does what Nintendon't!
Darklord1899
Darklord1899
Posted on 16 March 18 at 16:31
How many times are they going to release the same games?

I would also like a Saturn collection
A Master system collection
and for the oldersters like me an sg 1000 collection
IRISH PATRIOT x
Posted on 16 March 18 at 16:36
I just want a Dreamcast collection.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 16 March 18 at 16:45
IRISH PATRIOT x said:
You can get the Dreamcast Collection on 360 but I'm assuming that games you want aren't on that disc.

I still hold out hoping the one will get a Dreamcast Collection 2 :P
planting42
planting42
Posted on 16 March 18 at 16:56
I'm waiting for the C64 collection.

It better have Skate or Die!
https://www.trueachievements.com/event/Winter-Olympics-2018
IRISH PATRIOT x
Posted on 16 March 18 at 17:06
New Paralyzer said:
IRISH PATRIOT x said:
You can get the Dreamcast Collection on 360 but I'm assuming that games you want aren't on that disc.

I still hold out hoping the one will get a Dreamcast Collection 2 :P
Yeah I didn't care for any of the games on the 360 collection. I want Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Power Stone 2, etc. A Dreamcast Collection 2 would be nice toast
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.