Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

V-Rally 4 Announced

• upsonmatthewupsonmatthew400,635
    Posted on 17 March 18 at 10:20, Edited on 17 March 18 at 10:24 by upsonmatthewPermalink
    XenomorphFiend said:
    Bah, more Maximum Games. IF there's good word on this AFTER it's released I'll be willing to try it, but for now... Zero excitement & sticking to the best of the best - Dirt Rally.
    The game is being paid for by BigBen Interactive in Europe who recently published Isle of Man TT which is meant to be pretty good. They don't operate outside Europe though so Maximum Games picked up the US publishing rights.

They are doing both a new V-Rally and a new Test Drive after picking up the rights from Infogrames France.
  • Evil KenivlEvil Kenivl655,916
    Posted on 17 March 18 at 10:29Permalink
    Back to the 90s rock
    Gaming since 1990!
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant532,248
    Posted on 17 March 18 at 11:35Permalink
    Never even heard of V-Rally but I like racers, call me a racist.
    This post may be sarcastic.
  • Posted on 17 March 18 at 12:46Permalink
    NMANOZ said:
    All their games are low quality copy and paste jobs. It is just going to be another WRC clone.
    Yes I was excited until I saw who is making it. Expect it to be 30fps as well.

Had V-Rally 2 on the Dreamcast and 3 on the Xbox, both were 60fps. But seems those days are gone.
  • BRAN IS HEREBRAN IS HERE320,079
    Posted on 17 March 18 at 15:38Permalink
    Very nostalgic for me looking forward to this
    D
  • JDawgg77JDawgg77178,220
    Posted on 17 March 18 at 22:14, Edited on 17 March 18 at 22:17 by JDawgg77Permalink
    Hopeful for this. I was a big V-Rally fan and played a lot of 3 even along with CMRs and Rallisports.

Just to point out: Kylotonn took over the WRC series with number 5 and they have had some, but not spectacular improvements each year. I just started 7 and really like it so far. I like their games better than the early WRC games by milestone which did improve, but minimally.

I'm surprised Kylotonn is doing this. When I first read the article I had the WRC production in reverse and was thinking this was a way for the company to fill it's rally game void by losing the WRC license and Seb Loeb's game not doing well. Figured it would be the sim complement to Gravel. Perhaps it will be an arcadey complement to WRC and a competitor to Gravel? The description doesn't scream arcadey though.
  • GoyetteQCGoyetteQC659,376
    Posted on 17 March 18 at 22:36Permalink
    Their games have been piss poor quality thus far. Don't expect too much from this.
    [Insert signature here.]
  • ShinnizleShinnizle876,091
    Posted on 17 March 18 at 22:49Permalink
    KBop a doo said:
    Edit: Well, I should say I'm** no car expert. We do have a staff member who is very knowledgeable in that department.
    Let me guess... Andrew? laugh
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • KBop a dooKBop a doo323,810
    Posted on 17 March 18 at 23:26Permalink
    Shinnizle said:
    KBop a doo said:
    Edit: Well, I should say I'm** no car expert. We do have a staff member who is very knowledgeable in that department.
    Let me guess... Andrew? laugh
    What gave it away? laughwink
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty552,066
    Posted on 18 March 18 at 13:39Permalink
    Goggs25 said:
    lets hope they don't ruin the game by adding crap like gymkhana stuff to it like almost every off road/rally game today
    Let's hope they do. Rally games are pretty fooking boring otherwise.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv516,715
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 20:18Permalink
    upsonmatthew said:
    XenomorphFiend said:
    Bah, more Maximum Games. IF there's good word on this AFTER it's released I'll be willing to try it, but for now... Zero excitement & sticking to the best of the best - Dirt Rally.
    The game is being paid for by BigBen Interactive in Europe who recently published Isle of Man TT which is meant to be pretty good. They don't operate outside Europe though so Maximum Games picked up the US publishing rights.

They are doing both a new V-Rally and a new Test Drive after picking up the rights from Infogrames France.
    Thanks for the additional information. I'll remain neutral about this until I hear otherwise, still. I don't believe I ever played any of the old V-Rally games (if I did they apparently weren't memorable) so there's no nostalgia factor either.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.