Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Nine Games Leave Xbox Game Pass on March 31st

• Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,813,570
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 17:04
    This is the only part of game pass that concerns me.
    Legohead 1977
  • ZukapeZukape465,525
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 17:09
    Both Xb1 games are broken. Also there isnt many good ones on Xbox 360 side. Imho no loss. :)
  • xQuesooxQuesoo515,980
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 17:15
    Kbeau73 said:
    MakeMeACoffee said:
    I'm fine with games leaving, but I don't think we are getting enough advance notice at the moment.
    I'm with you. Luckily I finally got motivated to finish up Comix Zone over the weekend but most of these I either already owned or don't have much interest in. I will however attempt to knock off Stacking.

2 Weeks is way too short of a notice. I'm hoping people complain and in future months they'll tell us at the beginning of the month which games will be leaving. I'd say when they announce the additions they should also announce what games will be leaving at the end of the month.
    This is mainly why I wouldn't get the pass myself right now. I'm sure I read somewhere that they said they were gonna give a month's notice. 2 weeks seems a bit short. Why not announce new games at the start of the month as well as what'll be leaving next month?
  • AKfoy0faceAKfoy0face628,797
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 17:33
    xQuesoo said:
    Kbeau73 said:
    MakeMeACoffee said:
    I'm fine with games leaving, but I don't think we are getting enough advance notice at the moment.
    I'm with you. Luckily I finally got motivated to finish up Comix Zone over the weekend but most of these I either already owned or don't have much interest in. I will however attempt to knock off Stacking.

2 Weeks is way too short of a notice. I'm hoping people complain and in future months they'll tell us at the beginning of the month which games will be leaving. I'd say when they announce the additions they should also announce what games will be leaving at the end of the month.
    This is mainly why I wouldn't get the pass myself right now. I'm sure I read somewhere that they said they were gonna give a month's notice. 2 weeks seems a bit short. Why not announce new games at the start of the month as well as what'll be leaving next month?
    lol, wow........
  • OlivierL57OlivierL57870,892
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 17:43, Edited on 19 March 18 at 17:44 by OlivierL57
    Good thing I just bought Kyub (on Windows 10), 12 days to complete it would probably be "a bit" short smile
  • Terrene FireTerrene Fire315,252
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 17:54
    billbillbill said:
    I believe if you have any of the games set to leave downloaded when the date comes, you get to hold onto them for another month even after they're gone.

So if you download 'Roundabout' and it's then announced to be leaving come the end of March, but don't actually get around to starting the thing afterwards, you'll have until the end of April to finish up, or there abouts.
    This is nonsense, once its not on game pass you immediatly lose access
  • MortaigneMortaigne364,751
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 18:01
    Yeah, the two weeks notice is too short. It should be 30 days, I honestly thought that was what they had said from the beginning.
    Not that I care much (yet), since they replace not-so-awesome-games with much better ones so far. But once they start giving two weeks to complete perhaps several longer, good games it'll be a different story unfortunately.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo288,863
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 18:40
    Nighthawk205 said:
    MakeMeACoffee said:
    100% agree... this is less than 2 weeks notice to wrap up anything that's still not done.
    Definitely my biggest issue and one of 2 reasons why I don’t use this service. Minimum of 1 month is better.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • R3f1CuLR3f1CuL1,055,576
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 18:42
    at this rate they arent going to be able to tout that "over 100 games" stick anymore O.o dozens of games removed with only a handful to replace them is a pretty big loss of variety for your money O.o
    that guy
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,137,138
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 18:50
    R3f1CuL said:
    at this rate they arent going to be able to tout that "over 100 games" stick anymore O.o dozens of games removed with only a handful to replace them is a pretty big loss of variety for your money O.o
    To be fair, I'd rather have a few AAA games replace some 7-8 year old XBLA games. But definitely agree that a majority of subscribers would rather have more games in there.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,324,319
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 19:06
    R3f1CuL said:
    Starting with March when games really started to get removed in larger numbers, there's will be 21 total removals (including the 9 mentioned in the article). There will also be 16 additions (including April's additions). Starting from 172 games in the Game Pass at the beginning of February, that's only -2.5 games per month, so with 167 games at the start of April that means we would be on pace to be under 100 games in June 2020. That's hardly a breakneck pace.
  • MortaigneMortaigne364,751
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 19:23
    Yeah they are adding almost as much as they remove and it's a lot more quality going in than out.
    I'm not worried, plus I get Sea of Thieves today without a penny extra spent ;)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 March 18 at 20:20
    laugh
  • R3f1CuLR3f1CuL1,055,576
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 21:54
    This post contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
    that guy
  • SavenalSavenal1,348,344
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 22:48
    Hexic 2?? Why ?
    Really disappointed
  • Posted on 19 March 18 at 22:58
    xPut Name Herex said:
    The dropping of Hexic 2 and Jetpac Refuelled is concerning. Both are Microsoft owned IPs, and yet Microsoft is removing them from their subscription service. This more than anything lends creedence to some people's fears that the "permanent" part of "permanent first-party exclusive additions to Game Pass" might actually refer to the program itself, not the games being permanently included. Will be interesting to see how this further develops in upcoming months.

(I'm not including the Twisted Pixel games in this because while Microsoft published, the ones being removed were released while Twisted Pixel was still an independent contractor and not a subsidiary of Microsoft, and since they are again an independent company the rights may have reverted as part of the split).
    I’m not sayin this isn’t something I worry about but I’m not putting too much stock in Jetpack and Hexic 2. Those games are both old, Hexic 2 was released in 2007. If the remove Sea of Thieves 11 years from now I’ll be ok with it.

Overall I’m very much ok with the games removed. Nothing great and in fact I know at least one has unobtainable achievements, should be easy for whatever games get added to have better quality than what was removed.
  • TropanTropan1,032,358
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 23:03
    Games being removed, ohhhh noes! Saying you won't join because you'll miss out on 1 or 2 completions, possibly. Silly reasoning, you miss out on dozens of titles you may have not even tried before, but might due to cheap access. I'm jumping on Comix for sure, because its cheap and never would have without the pass. Cheers MS, and thanks for the notice!
  • GRAND NOBLEGRAND NOBLE437,933
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 23:34, Edited on 19 March 18 at 23:45 by GRAND NOBLE
    billbillbill said:
    I believe if you have any of the games set to leave downloaded when the date comes, you get to hold onto them for another month even after they're gone.

So if you download 'Roundabout' and it's then announced to be leaving come the end of March, but don't actually get around to starting the thing afterwards, you'll have until the end of April to finish up, or there abouts.
    This is not true you should go back and edit your post to not give people misinformation
    Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
  • GRAND NOBLEGRAND NOBLE437,933
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 23:39
    R3f1CuL said:
    Maybe you should go and count how many games are on Game Pass... That's my suggestion before you make statements like that that can literally be proven incorrect just go count
    Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
  • Posted on 20 March 18 at 00:33
    Bleh, Roundabout. I bought that game and I'm glad I didn't start it because there's an odd numbered achievement that requires you to play it for 8 hours straight. Anti-achievements are the worst.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.