Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Nine Games Leave Xbox Game Pass on March 31st

• StalfosedStalfosed214,027
    Posted on 20 March 18 at 02:48
    MakeMeACoffee said:
    I'm fine with games leaving, but I don't think we are getting enough advance notice at the moment.
    100% agree with you. When the program was announced they made it sound like it'd much further in advance than 2 weeks.
  • AnxsighetyAnxsighety1,871,187
    Posted on 20 March 18 at 03:36
    I'm glad they are finally starting to move the titles in and out. I know it caused in uproar last time around, but this is exactly what I wanted from this service. A constant swapping of content. 10 games a month added/removed would be a HUGE win from everybody. I absolutely love that this is evolving. I may play Roundabout to get a few achievements and the recommendations here means I may play Stacking.

This gives me urgency to play games I've ignored, and excited about what's to come. Sea of Thieves and Cities Skylines in the next week or two here? plus more? I honestly have ZERO complaints about this service. I do not get how anybody could complain.

If I had to think of one, my only problem is I would like to see what's leaving the first of every month. That way I have more than two weeks instead of stressing about it.
  • Dubs187Dubs187839,258
    Posted on 20 March 18 at 05:22
    this question has probably been asked many times, can u game share the 14 day free trial with multiple accounts onthe same xbox using the same gold subscription? i have an extra account i let my nephews play on and i have an account that my brother gave me after his xbox died and he got a ps4. been waiting for skylines to go on sale recently but no luck, i dont wanna use my 14 days for 1 game.
  • GuidalityGuidality789,031
    Posted on 20 March 18 at 06:00
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    Main reason why I don't think I'll ever get game pass. I like the ability to leave and pick up games as I please. There are games I haven't played for over three years and haven't completed, but will pick them up again if I run out of games to play or for community challenges.
    Right there with you. Especially after basically bean diving to complete the 10th B'day challenge, I'm glad I can go back to those games at my convenience whether it's 2 days or 2 years from now.
    Posted on 20 March 18 at 07:11
    Guidality said:
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    Main reason why I don't think I'll ever get game pass. I like the ability to leave and pick up games as I please. There are games I haven't played for over three years and haven't completed, but will pick them up again if I run out of games to play or for community challenges.
    Right there with you. Especially after basically bean diving to complete the 10th B'day challenge, I'm glad I can go back to those games at my convenience whether it's 2 days or 2 years from now.
    So the prospect of paying $10 a month and playing over 100+ games (most of which are good) just doesn’t appeal to you? That’s fine if so, but people saying the cycling of games devalues it is absolutely insane.
  • JBS 80JBS 80762,660
    Posted on 20 March 18 at 08:57
    Sorry to go (slightly) off-topic for a moment, but I thought I read a few months ago that Game Pass 6-month codes were going to be available exclusively in Gamestop on March 20th. I was hoping to pick one up in a few hours (to be used as a gift). But I did some googling and I cant seem to find any information on this recently. Did I dream the whole thing, or are they going to be available today?
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator216,849
    Posted on 20 March 18 at 11:14
    I already own all 360 games removed here.

This is a cheap service, so you can't expect 1000 games to be available at all times today.
    Maybe sometime later.

I'm gonna give the 2 Xbox One Games a try as i will get Game Pass because of Sea of Thieves.
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,137,117
    Posted on 20 March 18 at 14:30, Edited on 20 March 18 at 14:33 by iTz Canada Ehh
    xSRYANx said:
    Guidality said:
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    So the prospect of paying $10 a month and playing over 100+ games (most of which are good) just doesn’t appeal to you? That’s fine if so, but people saying the cycling of games devalues it is absolutely insane.
    Most of which I have*. And its basically a rental. I have hundreds of games to play and I buy new ones almost every week. I obviously don't have time to play all these games right away because I have a life outside of Xbox, so I might drop a game for a year or two.

I played AC: Unity 3 years ago and just started playing it again. If that was the case with a game pass game I doubt I would have that chance. I don't want what I play to be dependent on when something is being removed and I can't access it anymore. Sure game pass is a great deal for people who don't care or who are casual gamers who haven't played a lot of the bigger titles, but I don't want a time limit on how long I can own or play a game.

It doesn't devalue the service as a whole as I've stated many times in various threads that this service is phenomenal and an absolute steal. However it's not for me personally, as I would rather own my games and not have to worry about playing them by a certain date.
  • Posted on 20 March 18 at 18:35
    MakeMeACoffee said:
    I'm fine with games leaving, but I don't think we are getting enough advance notice at the moment.
    I agree with this, other than that I have no complaints. Any game that I want to continue playing I buy. So far that's only been Streets of Rage which I already owned because I grew up loving the series.

I like that the games change so I can go into the pass store and pick a game I might not otherwise play. The other day I found and enjoyed Hue for the 7.5 hours it took to blast through it. :)
  • ZemidekZemidek327,034
    Posted on 20 March 18 at 22:54
    Well some of these are still available on Xbox One through other means. Jetpac is in Rare Replay, and The Maw with Ms. Splosion man can be obtained through a bundle.
    Twitch.Tv/Zemidek
  • Posted on 21 March 18 at 00:04
    For those that are complaining that the games are leaving, you do know you can buy them at a discounted price or still play them thru BackCompat?? Just saying...
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 01:07
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    xSRYANx said:
    Guidality said:
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    Most of which I have*. And its basically a rental. I have hundreds of games to play and I buy new ones almost every week. I obviously don't have time to play all these games right away because I have a life outside of Xbox, so I might drop a game for a year or two.

I played AC: Unity 3 years ago and just started playing it again. If that was the case with a game pass game I doubt I would have that chance. I don't want what I play to be dependent on when something is being removed and I can't access it anymore. Sure game pass is a great deal for people who don't care or who are casual gamers who haven't played a lot of the bigger titles, but I don't want a time limit on how long I can own or play a game.

It doesn't devalue the service as a whole as I've stated many times in various threads that this service is phenomenal and an absolute steal. However it's not for me personally, as I would rather own my games and not have to worry about playing them by a certain date.
    I wrote a whole response, but accidentally sent it as a report lol.

I respect your stance, but don't think the casual gamers comment part applies or is necessary. If anything, it helps everything come full circle - Hardcore gamers get a large selection to play through, and casuals can explore genres and stuff they haven't heard of before.

Most people can't afford to buy all of their games like you do. Honestly - I also buy most of my games, but pay for the service because I believe in what it offers. If I like a game enough on there? I'll buy it. They offer me a discount if I do so digitally, or I can add it to my collection physically to play whenever I want. I think your underlying argument is absolutely ludicrous the more I think about it, because if you like it when you play it on game pass... then buy it if that's what you say you do to begin with.

I think this is the future of gaming. Netflix cycles games in and out, and I have no doubt they'll do the same with game pass. I prefer physical copies to own, but this service is an absolute gem. I hope it evolves and becomes the premiere way to play going forward. First party titles on day one? Sure sounds like they've found something worth pursuing. Just remember - you can support this and STILL buy the games you like. That's where your argument dies for me.
  • Posted on 21 March 18 at 06:03
    I don't suggest Comix Zone if your looking for a easy completion. Lots of rage and really not worth the 200G. angry
    Looking to clean up the 360 backlog this year.
  • Posted on 21 March 18 at 10:40
    Too many people saying "I need to finish this" or "I need to do that".

These games don't suddenly cease to exist when they leave Game Pass FFS.
  • Posted on 21 March 18 at 10:46
    ArmoredWolf67 said:
    For those that are complaining that the games are leaving, you do know you can buy them at a discounted price or still play them thru BackCompat?? Just saying...
    The users at this site seem to honestly believe that games don't exist:
    A) when they leave game pass
    B) when they are delisted
    C) When they are not on the playlist
    lol
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,137,117
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 14:59, Edited on 21 March 18 at 15:02 by iTz Canada Ehh
    xSRYANx said:
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    xSRYANx said:
    Guidality said:
    iTz Canada Ehh said:

I wrote a whole response, but accidentally sent it as a report lol.

I respect your stance, but don't think the casual gamers comment part applies or is necessary. If anything, it helps everything come full circle - Hardcore gamers get a large selection to play through, and casuals can explore genres and stuff they haven't heard of before.

Most people can't afford to buy all of their games like you do. Honestly - I also buy most of my games, but pay for the service because I believe in what it offers. If I like a game enough on there? I'll buy it. They offer me a discount if I do so digitally, or I can add it to my collection physically to play whenever I want. I think your underlying argument is absolutely ludicrous the more I think about it, because if you like it when you play it on game pass... then buy it if that's what you say you do to begin with.

I think this is the future of gaming. Netflix cycles games in and out, and I have no doubt they'll do the same with game pass. I prefer physical copies to own, but this service is an absolute gem. I hope it evolves and becomes the premiere way to play going forward. First party titles on day one? Sure sounds like they've found something worth pursuing. Just remember - you can support this and STILL buy the games you like. That's where your argument dies for me.
    Sorry I guess I should have stated this, but I buy all of my games on sale because buying full price would add up real quick laugh But I'm not arguing anything, I'm simply stating that I don't have time to play all these games and that I wouldn't want to have to worry about losing a game and be enticed into purchasing or playing it because of that. That's why the service isn't for me. I don't think I ever stated that the service is shit, nor am I trying to convince people gamepass is a waste of money, which is what you seem to be implying. I simply said the service isn't for me. There's no argument being made here I'm simply stating my opinion lol so not too sure why you keep saying I'm making an argument or my argument is stupid?
  • Posted on 21 March 18 at 15:25
    TheGreatKoala said:
    Too many people saying "I need to finish this" or "I need to do that".

These games don't suddenly cease to exist when they leave Game Pass FFS.
    But then they'd have to pay for it individually. :P
  • FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN398,921
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 15:47
    TheGreatKoala said:
    ArmoredWolf67 said:
    The users at this site seem to honestly believe that games don't exist:
    A) when they leave game pass
    B) when they are delisted
    C) When they are not on the playlist
    lol
    There are several cases of removed/de listed games that people cant play anymore, World gone sour the most famous for it.
  • Posted on 21 March 18 at 19:23
    Chief0fZombies said:
    I don't suggest Comix Zone if your looking for a easy completion. Lots of rage and really not worth the 200G. angry
    It is a hard game, you really have to exploit the save and load system. Can be done in one play through at least.

They really could do with pre loading games that's the only other criticism I have for game pass.
  • Kbeau73Kbeau731,000,736
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 19:36
    Chief0fZombies said:
    I thought that at first as well, then I went to Youtube and finished from mid Act II to the end of the game in about an hour. Wasn't overly tough at all. I could see where you are coming from because without a walkthrough I most likely wouldn't have completed this one.
    Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.