Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TT Isle of Man Review

  • Nexus GruntNexus Grunt153,036
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 18:04Permalink
    Definitely has the wow factor but it's a little too focused on the main event

    Please click here to read the story: TT Isle of Man Review
  • Posted on 19 March 18 at 18:11, Edited on 19 March 18 at 18:13 by iTz Canada EhhPermalink
    That's a shame. Love racers but I feel like this isn't for me. By the sounds of it I'd get pretty fed up with falling off and the annoying AI pretty fast. Seems like a game for hardcore bike racing enthusiasts. Shame there's very limited customization as well.

    Also $89.50?! Why in the world is this game $10 more than the standard AAA game release price?

    *Edit* I looked into the price and you can purchase this physically in Canada for $69.99. No idea why it's listed so high on the marketplace.
  • Posted on 19 March 18 at 18:14Permalink
    The full Snaefell route is just stunning, but career is quite hard I just don't understand the difficulty levels sometimes to easy then WAY to hard.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv488,341
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 18:27Permalink
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    That's a shame. Love racers but I feel like this isn't for me. By the sounds of it I'd get pretty fed up with falling off and the annoying AI pretty fast. Seems like a game for hardcore bike racing enthusiasts. Shame there's very limited customization as well.

    Also $89.50?! Why in the world is this game $10 more than the standard AAA game release price?

    *Edit* I looked into the price and you can purchase this physically in Canada for $69.99. No idea why it's listed so high on the marketplace.
    I was just looking at this in the marketplace yesterday, it's listed at $71.99 in the US. I agree, what's with the ridiculous price? I wouldn't buy it anyway, but it's a bit odd when base games generally sell for $59.99 or less when they're first released.
  • Posted on 19 March 18 at 18:33Permalink
    XenomorphFiend said:
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    That's a shame. Love racers but I feel like this isn't for me. By the sounds of it I'd get pretty fed up with falling off and the annoying AI pretty fast. Seems like a game for hardcore bike racing enthusiasts. Shame there's very limited customization as well.

    Also $89.50?! Why in the world is this game $10 more than the standard AAA game release price?

    *Edit* I looked into the price and you can purchase this physically in Canada for $69.99. No idea why it's listed so high on the marketplace.
    I was just looking at this in the marketplace yesterday, it's listed at $71.99 in the US. I agree, what's with the ridiculous price? I wouldn't buy it anyway, but it's a bit odd when base games generally sell for $59.99 or less when they're first released.
    It seems to be just a marketplace thing. If you were to check best buy or gamestop, I'm sure it would be $59.99 or something for you guys.
  • ArkhamArkham1,527,670
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 19:09, Edited on 19 March 18 at 19:09 by ArkhamPermalink
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    XenomorphFiend said:
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    That's a shame. Love racers but I feel like this isn't for me. By the sounds of it I'd get pretty fed up with falling off and the annoying AI pretty fast. Seems like a game for hardcore bike racing enthusiasts. Shame there's very limited customization as well.

    Also $89.50?! Why in the world is this game $10 more than the standard AAA game release price?

    *Edit* I looked into the price and you can purchase this physically in Canada for $69.99. No idea why it's listed so high on the marketplace.
    I was just looking at this in the marketplace yesterday, it's listed at $71.99 in the US. I agree, what's with the ridiculous price? I wouldn't buy it anyway, but it's a bit odd when base games generally sell for $59.99 or less when they're first released.
    It seems to be just a marketplace thing. If you were to check best buy or gamestop, I'm sure it would be $59.99 or something for you guys.
    At Best Buy it's $59.99. On Amazon its going for about $54.99-$59.99.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv488,341
    Posted on 19 March 18 at 20:46Permalink
    What a wacky world we live in, where a digital download is more expensive than a physical copy. I know it's pretty common down the line after a release has been out for a while, but for a brand new one to be $12 more is absurd. Music isn't marketed that way, at least music I listen to (generally $5-$9 for digital, $7-$15 for CD & $15-$40 for LP).
    Streets Ahead
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty527,561
    Posted on 20 March 18 at 00:20Permalink
    XenomorphFiend said:
    What a wacky world we live in, where a digital download is more expensive than a physical copy. I know it's pretty common down the line after a release has been out for a while, but for a brand new one to be $12 more is absurd. Music isn't marketed that way, at least music I listen to (generally $5-$9 for digital, $7-$15 for CD & $15-$40 for LP).
    Where have you been? Digital games nearly always cost more than physical copies 99% of the time.
  • Posted on 20 March 18 at 01:06, Edited on 20 March 18 at 01:07 by iTz Canada EhhPermalink
    NawtyCawty said:
    XenomorphFiend said:
    What a wacky world we live in, where a digital download is more expensive than a physical copy. I know it's pretty common down the line after a release has been out for a while, but for a brand new one to be $12 more is absurd. Music isn't marketed that way, at least music I listen to (generally $5-$9 for digital, $7-$15 for CD & $15-$40 for LP).
    Where have you been? Digital games nearly always cost more than physical copies 99% of the time.
    As someone who tries to buy as many physical copies as physically possible, this is true after some time passes. When games first release, they are the exact same price physical and digital. The digital versions tend to go on sale more frequently than physical ones.

    Two examples for me are Resident Evil 7 and Super Lucky's Tale. I passed on multiple digital sales on Resident Evil 7 because I wanted a physical copy. It wasn't until this past year's black friday sale that RE7 finally went on sale for $22.99 at EB Games, while the marketplace had it for like $10-$15 more. The retail price though was reduced to $69.99 from $79.99 after a few months, and you could get a copy for $59.99 recycled, but the marketplace price was $79.99 still.

    Super Lucky's Tale was like $18 digital on sale last week or two weeks ago, and it was also on sale at EB Games for $28, $10 more than the marketplace. But once the price drops for the physical game, it will be cheaper than buying digital.

    Anyways moral of my experience is that digital games go on sale more frequently than their physical counterpart I found. And if you're able to get a used copy that's even cheaper. Physical games are cheaper than digital after a few months most of the time. This could be different depending on where you're from based on physical game stores available.

    But back to the statements that have been made in this thread, I've never seen a game release with one price for physical copies and one price for digital copies except for different versions of games (deluxe, gold, etc.). Especially a $20 price difference. Why bother buying a digital copy of the game then? If anything it should be cheaper for digital because you don't have to pay for packaging.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv488,341
    Posted on 20 March 18 at 04:43Permalink
    NawtyCawty said:
    XenomorphFiend said:
    What a wacky world we live in, where a digital download is more expensive than a physical copy. I know it's pretty common down the line after a release has been out for a while, but for a brand new one to be $12 more is absurd. Music isn't marketed that way, at least music I listen to (generally $5-$9 for digital, $7-$15 for CD & $15-$40 for LP).
    Where have you been? Digital games nearly always cost more than physical copies 99% of the time.
    I think you missed my point, but read the the response above from iTz Canada Ehh, they got it.
    Streets Ahead
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,009,324
    Posted on 20 March 18 at 11:00Permalink
    This seems like it would be too hard to be fun, one for the fans!
    Legohead 1977
  • RatpoizenRatpoizen576,812
    Posted on 20 March 18 at 16:47Permalink
    What is the UK digital price?
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV1,847,692
    Posted on 20 March 18 at 16:53Permalink
    XenomorphFiend said:
    What a wacky world we live in, where a digital download is more expensive than a physical copy. I know it's pretty common down the line after a release has been out for a while, but for a brand new one to be $12 more is absurd. Music isn't marketed that way, at least music I listen to (generally $5-$9 for digital, $7-$15 for CD & $15-$40 for LP).
    Well you are lucky in the u.k. I don't think i have EVER seen a game that is available on disc having a cheaper digital version most of the time they are £10-£15 more. It's why I pick retail every time. That and the fact I can trade it in when I'm done and don't have to spend forever downloading the 10-100gb game as well. The digital pricing in the u.k. Is fucking absurd in my opinion
  • Posted on 20 March 18 at 17:06Permalink
    Ratpoizen said:
    What is the UK digital price?
    If your region is set to UK, you should be able to see it when you scroll to the top of the article and then down a smidge on the right hand side. If you can't see the UK price for whatever reason, click the info button below the game price listed there and it will show you a bunch of regional price variants.

    But I'll save you the trouble and tell you it's 45.99 pounds.
  • adamrulzadamrulz380,970
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 04:17Permalink
    It’s a real shame that they made this game so bare bones... no customization outside of the original colors. I still think that the best moto racing game was MotoGP on the original Xbox. I was amazing at that game (first game I played on Live) and would play with a group of guys religiously. I was too 50 on the leaderboards for a long time as well. Manual gearbox, minimal tuning like gear ratios and some sweet skins for the bike. Front nd rear brakes separate was a must to conquer the tracks. Never has been another one as good as that and unfortunately, this title isn’t going to change that. What a pity, as I was definitely going to grab this on a sale, but I think I’ll let it go altogether now. Thanks for the review!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.