Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Update: AlphaJax and Snap Attack Server Shutdowns Imminent

• WiznyattWiznyatt896,710
    Posted on 16 May 18 at 15:58Permalink
    Cartoonite said:
    BulgyDragonZord said:
    Just deleted the App. What you do click on to re-download it? I'm a Noob cause I don't use IPad's. It's my mothers Apple IPad.
    I don't have my iOS device in front of me but there should be a way to access your list of purchased apps from the Updates section of the App Store and, from there, a list of apps that are "not on this device".

For anyone still struggling with getting achievements to unlock, I think LeXXuz has the right of it; I just unlocked the last 2 achievements on Android after repeatedly logging in and out. As others have said, World Champ popped immediately on login and Addict popped after completing a full game.

I did not delete the local cache/data between the second-to-last login and the one when the achievements popped but I did force-stop the app. I found that if I logged out and restarted the app then I was logged back in automatically after tapping the Xbox link but if I deleted local data then I would have to enter my Xbox userid and password manually. It might not seem like much but the few seconds it takes to type a set of credentials can add up to a significant amount of time if you have to do it enough times.

Good luck to everyone still working on this and many thanks to LeXXuz for posting his method for getting the achievements to pop.
    Did you also unlock some of the single player achievements that you had met the criteria for? I started this about a week ago and just completed it on Windows Phone and Windows 8 but I have only unlocked a single achievement on Android.
  • CartooniteCartoonite397,245
    Posted on 16 May 18 at 17:24Permalink
    Wiznyatt said:
    Did you also unlock some of the single player achievements that you had met the criteria for? I started this about a week ago and just completed it on Windows Phone and Windows 8 but I have only unlocked a single achievement on Android.
    I only played on Android and I had all achievements except World Champ and Addict before the server closures were announced. I can say, though, that I recall having issues with many if not all of the achievements not unlocking when I first met the requirements.

In light of LeXXuz's comments and my experience following his suggestions, I believe he is correct that there is a bug in the login process that, when triggered, prevents you from earning any achievements during that session.

I hope this helps.
  • LeXXuzLeXXuz618,983
    Posted on 16 May 18 at 18:05Permalink
    Wiznyatt said:
    I did some testing with those achievements on a dummy account. They didn't unlock right away either. So I kept logging in & out (without clearing any cache data of course) and they finally unlocked after many attempts.
  • Skanker irlSkanker irl630,213
    Posted on 16 May 18 at 19:08Permalink
    Facebook page says "After May 18" we won't be able to play. So, I hope the servers will still be up all day Friday. 1.6 /2.5! laugh
  • Ian 1485Ian 1485545,124
    Posted on 16 May 18 at 19:38Permalink
    Me too. 1.1/2.5!rock
  • Taillear DubhTaillear Dubh1,157,293
    Posted on 17 May 18 at 07:06Permalink
    BulgyDragonZord said:
    Taillear Dubh said:
    If you own the iOS app you can re-download it from the app store. I've done it 20 times or so trying to get the last 2 achievements to pop. Hasn't worked yet, but I don't know why everyone is so concerned about deleting the app...?
    Just deleted the App. What you do click on to re-download it? I'm a Noob cause I don't use IPad's. It's my mothers Apple IPad.
    I know this is a bit late and you probably figured it out, but if you go to the App Store, click on the bottom left on "Today", then the top right on your account picture/logo, and then on the "Purchased" line, you will see a button on the top right of the window that pops up that says "Not on this iPad" or something similar. Tap that, and the app should be somewhere in that list.
  • Posted on 17 May 18 at 10:13Permalink
    I'll just be honest now. I've not been able to get the IPad again and I've ran out of time to play around with the IOS version since the servers shutdown tomorrow. I ain't taking a chance to finish it in a day cause I don't want another incomplete game on my card.

Thank yoy to everyone for your help. Whilst I'm not happy with myself for not doing the game I must continue with WWE 2K17 before it's closure too.
  • Taillear DubhTaillear Dubh1,157,293
    Posted on 17 May 18 at 20:33Permalink
    Yeah, I'm kind of out of ideas for the iOS version. I thought the android version was going to be my problem, but with the advice here I fixed the problems with it and unlocked the rest of the achievements in one sitting.

The iOS version simply refuses to acknowledge the completion of Addict and World Champ, no matter what I do. I see somebody else unlocked them today... so I guess they're not totally busted. Keep trying until they shut it down I guess...
  • Posted on 17 May 18 at 21:39Permalink
    Anyone managed to unlock Sore Fingers for Android using the repeated sign in method? Do I need to play a game after clearing cache & data & signing in?
  • CartooniteCartoonite397,245
    Posted on 18 May 18 at 03:40, Edited on 18 May 18 at 03:44 by CartoonitePermalink
    Wordament Snap Attack (Android)Sore FingersThe Sore Fingers achievement in Wordament Snap Attack (Android) worth 12 pointsComplete 100 full games

According to the second solution, you may need to play a game to pop this achievement. If this is your last achievement, though, it may be tough to know whether or not any given login session has been affected by the apparent login bug. If I were in this situation I would probably try this:

1. Log out.
    2. Restart Snap Attack app.
    3. Sign in to Xbox.
    4. Play 1 full game.
    5. Repeat until achievement pops.

Good luck!
  • KaelyliaKaelylia329,572
    Posted on 18 May 18 at 18:43Permalink
    After three days of logging in and out, clearing cache and restarting, FINALLY I have this completed. Way to keep it down to the wire!

Good luck to any still trying!
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf428,114
    Posted on 18 May 18 at 19:27Permalink
    I completed snap attack on win 8 and WP, and alphajax on windows 8, on WP my rating was 750ish, and it sounded like a lot of hassle to make X number of dummy accounts in windows and a lot of games to get above 1500.
  • WiznyattWiznyatt896,710
    Posted on 19 May 18 at 03:04Permalink
    I completed windows 8 and windows phone versions of Snap Attack a couple of days ago. I had tried to get Androis done but nothing was unlocking. I just booted it up about an hour ago and everything unlocked except shape up which I still need a single shape to complete. If you are seeing this I'd recommend giving it one last try.
  • Two Names06Two Names06621,619
    Posted on 19 May 18 at 09:29Permalink
    Have managed to finish snap attack on win8, wp and android but the iOS version is not playing ball. As a side note the servers are still up as of now so keep going.
  • Shad0wdarShad0wdar311,482
    Posted on 19 May 18 at 11:51, Edited on 19 May 18 at 12:50 by Shad0wdarPermalink
    Servers are still up at the time of this edit.
    Beep Boop
  • Skanker irlSkanker irl630,213
    Posted on 19 May 18 at 13:30Permalink
    Yep, still up.
    Posted on 19 May 18 at 15:08, Edited on 19 May 18 at 15:36 by Ian 1485Permalink
    Was it confirmed or a theory about joining a game your points won't count towards the 2.5 million score? i have made sure when i first heard about this not to get too many points when joining mid-game and now wondering how far to get past 2.5 million (if i can) before trying log off log on? am on ios.
    Posted on 19 May 18 at 17:09, Edited on 19 May 18 at 17:09 by Shad0wdarPermalink
    I got the 2.5 million score at just over 30k extra so I don't think you will need a lot extra, just need to manage to have the achievement pop.

Servers are still up.
    Beep Boop
    Posted on 19 May 18 at 17:12, Edited on 19 May 18 at 17:12 by Ian 1485Permalink
    Thanks for the feedback. Did you do any logging in or out or did it unlock naturally?
    Posted on 19 May 18 at 18:10Permalink
    Ian 1485 said:
    Thanks for the feedback. Did you do any logging in or out or did it unlock naturally?
    The 2.5 mil I got to unlock on Android by leaving the game on for 2 hours or so, I can imagine iOS being similar.
    Beep Boop
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.