Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Update: AlphaJax and Snap Attack Server Shutdowns Imminent

• WiznyattWiznyatt893,835
    Posted on 19 May 18 at 18:13Permalink
    Is there a way to download the ios version if you've never downloaded it before?
  • CartooniteCartoonite397,111
    Posted on 19 May 18 at 18:28Permalink
    Wiznyatt said:
    Is there a way to download the ios version if you've never downloaded it before?
    No. The game has been removed from the App Store so only people who already "own" it can download it again.
  • Posted on 19 May 18 at 18:49Permalink
    I think they've just killed the servers for AlphaJax.

I was helping a friend on the game get the Superintendant achievement. The final one he needed. We have been glued on the game and it's only now I got asked to go off and help someone and have my dinner, and when I got back, they seem to have pulled the plug on the game.

This is such a shit day, I didn't go to bed last night till 4am because of this game. Now I've spent 6 extra hours doing jack-shit.

Well... that's about 20 hours of my life wasted. angry
  • Ian 1485Ian 1485544,736
    Posted on 19 May 18 at 18:57, Edited on 19 May 18 at 19:03 by Ian 1485Permalink
    The same with Wordament Snap Attack. So close to 2.5 mil.

My own fault anyway for trying to get this done as only saw article a week on Monday. Want to say thanks for the community for the advice and tips.
  • firehazardcsfirehazardcs225,644
    Posted on 19 May 18 at 19:05Permalink
    Servers for Snap Attack appear to be down. I'm a bit annoyed and disappointed by the bugginess of the achievements. I got them all to unlock on WP but couldn't get Addict and World Champ to unlock on iOS. cry
  • Skanker irlSkanker irl629,963
    Posted on 19 May 18 at 19:11Permalink
    Just shut them down. I was at 2.35 / 2.5... laugh
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl153,763
    Posted on 19 May 18 at 20:07Permalink
    Snap Attack appears to still be up on iOS. But I wasn't able to complete it and I probably still won't.
  • Two Names06Two Names06620,161
    Posted on 19 May 18 at 21:18Permalink
    IOS is down now, tried most of the day to get it to pop Addict and World Champ but no luck with this version. At least I got the other three finished off.
  • KBop a dooKBop a doo323,443
    Posted on 19 May 18 at 23:29Permalink
    RIP. Thanks for letting people know that the servers are coming down. I really appreciate everyone helping each other out in this thread a ton with tips on how to get these finicky achievements to unlock; that was really great to see. I'm sorry the achievements were too buggy to unlock for some.
  • Posted on 20 May 18 at 00:33Permalink
    At least we can stop worrying about these games and do something else now.
  • Posted on 20 May 18 at 00:55Permalink
    BulgyDragonZord said:

I was helping a friend on the game get the Superintendant achievement. The final one he needed. We have been glued on the game and it's only now I got asked to go off and help someone and have my dinner, and when I got back, they seem to have pulled the plug on the game.

This is such a shit day, I didn't go to bed last night till 4am because of this game. Now I've spent 6 extra hours doing jack-shit.

EDIT: I can sleep peacefully now!

My friend informed me he got the achievement. 30 minutes before the shutdown. Guess my 20hrs not wasted. Looks like he's the last person on the site to finish it.

Phew... now back to WWE.
  • WiznyattWiznyatt893,835
    Posted on 20 May 18 at 04:11Permalink
    IronInfidel47 said:
    At least we can stop worrying about these games and do something else now.
    My thoughts exactly. I put too much effort into this, I'm glad that it has finally been put to bed.
  • MaesenkoMaesenko287,021
    Posted on 20 May 18 at 13:11Permalink
    BulgyDragonZord said:
    BulgyDragonZord said:

EDIT: I can sleep peacefully now!

My friend informed me he got the achievement. 30 minutes before the shutdown. Guess my 20hrs not wasted. Looks like he's the last person on the site to finish it.

Phew... now back to WWE.
    Gratz to you, mate. I gave up long ago. Glad to hear you/he made it!
    "I dig my hole, you build a wall..."
  • JieXYJieXY1,635,394
    Posted on 20 May 18 at 21:46Permalink
    Why do I feel a bit sorry for Limyplace32?
  • firehazardcsfirehazardcs225,644
    Posted on 20 May 18 at 23:11Permalink
    JieXY said:
    Agreed, along with all of those others that were getting millions of points a month, sometimes over a million in a day. I can only imagine they were playing this game during all of their free time, and probably most of the day.
  • Posted on 21 May 18 at 03:53Permalink
    firehazardcs said:
    JieXY said:
    Agreed, along with all of those others that were getting millions of points a month, sometimes over a million in a day. I can only imagine they were playing this game during all of their free time, and probably most of the day.
    I mean that can't be healthy, now their possible addiction is over at least.
  • Posted on 21 May 18 at 07:03Permalink
    down on Android. RIP.
  • Shad0wdarShad0wdar311,525
    Posted on 21 May 18 at 09:58Permalink
    They can still switch over to Wordament, that is still up as far as I know.
    Beep Boop
  • Dancing RobDancing Rob150,063
    Posted on 21 May 18 at 11:44Permalink
    still generally between 200 - 300 people on Wordament whenever I've played lately.

The problem is all the more casual people have left! When I was playing a few years back, I would almost always be in the top 10%, and managed a handful of legit top 10 finishes. Now it is only the hardcore remaining, and I'm quite pleased to finish top half of the leaderboard...
  • Ian333333Ian333333371,017
    Posted on 21 November 18 at 12:27Permalink
    Bollocks only just found out about this now had 2 achievements to go on snap attack 😫😫😫
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.