Game Discussion: Wordament Snap Attack (iOS)

Achievement requirements fulfilled but no unlock

• Maelstorm95Maelstorm95478,215
    Posted on 20 March 18 at 00:43, Edited on 20 March 18 at 00:50 by Maelstorm95
    With the servers shutting down in the coming months, I want to push to finish this. I’m at 140 completed games, but no achievement. I’ve read other forum posts and it seems that it just unlocks for people. Has anyone found any way to force it to unlock? I only have the 100 games, 2.5 mill points, the leaderboard, and the complete all shapes achievements left.

Also with the shapes one, I sometimes create the shape and it doesn’t seem to save. Has anyone had issues like this?

Edit*
    I also noticed that this never appears on my recently played even though I am signed it. Could this be the issue? I’ve reinstalled and resigned in multiple times too.
  • Larvi1Larvi12,797,277
    Posted on 20 March 18 at 00:55, Edited on 20 March 18 at 02:07 by Larvi1
    I'm having the same issue with meeting the requirements but not getting the achievements. I still need the shapes and language ones. I've gotten all of the shapes and they are all colored in and I've played several games in each language but the game isn't giving me credit for either of those 2 achievements. I've also tried restarting, resigning in, etc but no luck.

As for the shapes not saving, the only time that was an issue for me was if I didn't play out the entire game after making the shape. I.e. don't hit the back button until the game is finished and you should get credit for it.

Edit - Both achievements finally popped for me about 20 more games in.
    Posted on 20 March 18 at 03:16
    Maybe I’ll spend the next hour or so playing straight through and maybe that’ll help. Good to see that you were able to unlock something so hopefully I’ll get something soon. Thanks for the input :)
    Posted on 20 March 18 at 03:54
    Well there you have it. 10 more and it unlocked. 153. Now for working towards addict. Good luck completing it!
  • thanatos8285thanatos8285876,193
    Posted on 20 March 18 at 16:34
    Maelstorm95 said:
    Edit*
    I also noticed that this never appears on my recently played even though I am signed it. Could this be the issue? I’ve reinstalled and resigned in multiple times too.
    That's not the issue. I had a similar question a few weeks back, you can read the replies here: Where does TA pull the achievements from?

The short version is that TA has some kind of direct access to the MS database and can see our achievements in games like Snap Attack, which is why they still track here, but something about the programming on Microsoft's side keeps those games from actually showing on our profiles. They do still pop though. I was playing regular Wordament for 2 weeks and no achievements were popping. Then last Saturday they just decided to start popping out of nowhere and I was able to crank out all 10 in 24 hours, but they all had to start from scratch.

I guess I can't say with certainty that the achievements not popping is totally unrelated, but there is definitely another factor at play.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads