Game Discussion: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition Forum

Legate Rikke Taking Winterhold Bug

AuthorMessage
BreezyPath0
BreezyPath0
Posted on 20 March 18 at 13:28
I'm experiencing the bug where Legate Rikke is supposed to give me another mission to start taking Winterhold for the Empire, but the dialog option for me to say, "Reporting for Duty" is not showing. I've looked it up and it appears a lot of people experience this issue as well, with a lot of different workarounds: reloading an old save, exhausting all of Rikke's other dialog options, exhausting all of General Tullius' dialog options including "How goes the War", going into Beast Form and waiting until it wears off, etc. None so far have worked.

Have any of you figured out a workaround for this? I suppose I could do the main quest and negotiate Winterhold to the Empire, but I don't remember being able to fight the war after the main quest.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Solutions?toast
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 21 March 18 at 07:36
I had this problem just now, except with Galmar (stormcloaks). I fast traveled to Riften and then went back and he let me report in. A lot of the suggested solutions seem to involve fast travel or sleeping somewhere else for a day, so I'd play around with that if you haven't already and see if it helps.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
BreezyPath0
BreezyPath0
Posted on 21 March 18 at 15:25
Thanks for the suggestion Blue. Unfortunately I have travelled to and from the camp, and let a few days pass to try and reset things but to no avail. I may need to start a new game when I'm done with this character like I had to do with Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4 facepalm
BreezyPath0
BreezyPath0
Posted on 30 March 18 at 15:45
So for the record at the war council I gave Winterhold to the Empire and exchanged it for Markarth. I refused to give more land to the Stormcloaks to make ending the war easier. After defeating Alduin it prompted me to go to the Reach to retake it for the Empire. From there I never encountered the bug again and was able to finish the war and get the achievement.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.